Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

But but if i left them out i would be called delusional :eek:;)

Not as delusional as THIS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    These are golden days boys, enjoy it!

Long may it last.

Should buy a Moyes a thank you gift from the LFC boards posters.

Job well done

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

I really dont understand how people can look at the fixtures list and think they can predict whats going to happen. I have even seen people say how many points a team will have at the end of the season...
    There are upsets and weird results every week in this league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Grayditch wrote: »
    4th is still a long way off. A lot of great work done, and a lot of hard work still left. A slip or two and it's all gone.

aldmtd1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I thought about that when I wrote that and shuddered. Deffo jinxed us now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I love that Mourinho is starting be to prodded back by people who he mocks.

Pellegrini : "Maybe it is a small horse if the manager thinks like that. It can be a little horse but very rich".

Brendan Rodgers: Liverpool the 'chihuahua that runs in between the horses' legs' after victory over Fulham.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

It feels right this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I posted lots of negativity yesterday and for match days I will continue to be a pessimist.

But today I'm buzzing.

It's on lads, isn't it? It's defo on.

0049j.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

joe123 wrote: »
    aldmtd1.jpg

The Fergie of Irish politics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Spurs next two games are pretty handy, but then they have 4 tough games in a row ,the last of that 4 being us. The wheels could have come off there push for fourth by the time the meet us. hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Great sig billy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Turtyturd wrote: »

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Extract:
    More pressure. The Reds doing ugly. Doing it well enough?
    They look more likely. Begin rationalisation. We haven’t lost ground. Terrible decision on Coutinho. Aspas going spare behind the manager. Go ed, Iago. Start him Sunday. Start him.
    Penalty.
    He’ll score. No demons. Not now. No doubt. Walk. Around. Him.
    And Liverpool see it out. Come from behind away from home. Grind it. Pressure. Win when not playing well.
    But rewind. Walk around him. Look at him. Wheeling away. Shirt in his hand, screaming, a football team descending on him, a city collapsing in on him, his shoulders broad a thousand times over, broad again.
    Walk around him.
    Look at him.
    I dare you to look at him. Demons. Naysayers. Look at him. Battle for fourth is it? His jersey a circular blur. Just about getting back into the CL is it?
    Let’s be clear. 4th place this campaign would be a significant achievement for the football club. One which should be applauded and welcomed. Everyone walks away head held high. We know that.
    But he’s walked among the stars. You dream of it, he’s done it. Everything you can in club football. He’s done 4th, he’s done 3rd and he’s done 2nd.
    Look at him and tell me this isn’t about 1st. Look at him go. Our Atlas. Look at him go.
    Look me in the eye and tell me you don’t think of first. Look me in the eye.
    Support.
    Believe.
    A joy.

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2014/02/fulham-2-liverpool-3-exorcising-the-demons/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

11 goals off what was scored at the end of the 08/09 season with still 12 games remaining. Unreal.

Knex. wrote: »

Thats something I thought last night when I watched Gerrard celebrate the goal, it wasn't the celebration of a player aiming for 4th....Gerrard thinks/believes we can win the title. No matter what Rodgers is saying publicly I think he believes we have a shot at it too, better to aim for the title - if we get 4th :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

im going to liverpool v man city game and for some reason today we got 4 tickets to the hillsborough memorial service at anfield also. we wont be going to the service but i want to post them off to some hillsborough charity for 4 people to take our seats instead. can someone direct me toward a charity that i could post them to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

7584__9094__flnno.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Kess73 wrote: »
    I think there will be slips by us, but looking at the teams below us it is difficult to see them not slipping at least as often as we do.

Everton are still my worry from the chasing pack. If they can get some of the injured players back, especially Lukaku, then their consistency will bother me further.

Spurs have a better squad than Everton, and are in a better position in the table, but there is something about Everton this year that has me wary of them putting together a string of good results as we head towards the end of the league campaign.

Much more worried about Spurs to be honest. Everton's next game is away to Chelsea while we have Swansea at home. If we win and they lose the gap to Everton becomes 11 points (albeit they have a game in hand v Palace). That is a big gap. Spurs are still too close for comfort like the annoying boil on your backside that won't go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

MarkY91 wrote: »
    im going to liverpool v man city game and for some reason today we got 4 tickets to the hillsborough memorial service at anfield also. we wont be going to the service but i want to post them off to some hillsborough charity for 4 people to take our seats instead. can someone direct me toward a charity that i could post them to?

Probably Kess or dub13 would be best for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

gafferino wrote: »
    Probably Kess or dub13 would be best for this?

ill give one of them a pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭brevity

BgWaeI5CcAEvfLf.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Someone giving out about Flanagans distribution?

Someone obviously hasn't been paying attention to him considering it's one of the strongest parts of his game.

Someone thinks distribution is one of the strongest parts of Flanagan's game

Someone must not have been watching the game I was watching

I think he's a good young player but his passing certainly needs to improve, if that's "giving out" then someone is mightily sensitive

opta stats say his passing accuracy was lowest among our back four

let's take the blinkers off, it's great to see a young local player in there but he needs to improve on the ball, he has been getting better and that improvement needs to continue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

If AVB was still at Tottenham I'd be more concerned about their proximity, but I think Sheringham will see to it that they lose more points than us in the run in.

My major concern is defense. If we can get Agger & Kelly back in, hopefully we can get Cissokho and Toure as far away from the team as possible, we have a great chance then, not only of fourth, but being in a position to take advantage of those above us slipping up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭percy007

If AVB was still at Tottenham I'd be more concerned about their proximity, but I think Sheringham will see to it that they lose more points than us in the run in.

My major concern is defense. If we can get Agger & Kelly back in, hopefully we can get Cissokho and Toure as far away from the team as possible, we have a great chance then, not only of fourth, but being in a position to take advantage of those above us slipping up.

He is too busy playing poker :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

We are in a title race and it feels damn good too . I must say Brendan Rodgers and Colin Pascoe deserve a lot of credit . A lot of fans will say 4th is the goal but aim higher and if it fails at least the players , managed and all the staff can look back and say we gave it out best shot .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

donfers wrote: »
    Someone thinks distribution is one of the strongest parts of Flanagan's game

Someone must not have been watching the game I was watching

I think he's a good young player but his passing certainly needs to improve, if that's "giving out" then someone is mightily sensitive

opta stats say his passing accuracy was lowest among our back four

let's take the blinkers off, it's great to see a young local player in there but he needs to improve on the ball, he has been getting better and that improvement needs to continue

is it more the fact that out of all our defenders flanno crosses the ball more often than others. maybe this is why his accuracy is down? maybe this is something he needs to work on?

Paulegend wrote: »
    is it more the fact that out of all our defenders flanno crosses the ball more often than others. maybe this is why his accuracy is down? maybe this is something he needs to work on?

Help with crossing you say?

David-Moyes-016.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭Speak Now

0926711fad312283b07a31d6743a0be0.jpg?itok=nlSkp1fw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Turtyturd wrote: »

Does that make Moyes this man ?

131498_2.jpg

I hope they keep him longer than we did !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Help with crossing you say?

David-Moyes-016.jpg

sign him up

maybe he could hand people paper towels in the jacks :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement