Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Eathrin wrote: »
    Paper 2?
    Agh I missed it!:eek:
    :pac:

-1 for a slip. Damnit, there goes my A1 and with it my dreams of 625. </3

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

You sound like a dear friend of mine, she'd die for a Michael Collins essay, she loves the man :L :)
    History is scaring me the most.... chief examiner may watch his step i've had enough bad exams :P

Hahah so true. Ya never feel safe with History, it's like 'I've only learnt off four essays for this topic, omg I'm f**ked!' such a dickhead of a subject like. Wish I did chemistry instead in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Yeah but thats what I really hated...most teachers are awful and uncreative and they base their comparative around whatever those stupid revision books do. Half this forum probably did HMMB, IID and DAL. My teacher picked unique texts and character questions just dont work with it, and we almost got punished for actually doing something different...

Thankfully they put "aspects" in the 30/40 mark one. We dont look at central characters, we looked at aspects e.g. treatment of children (not just the one main child), and also women, and many other aspects. They might as well ask a question on poetry that wont fit many people's 6 poems - it was just so unfair!

Got 65/70 in the mock in GV+V and I'm praying I at least maintained it...

We studied unique texts too but my teachers essay was based around a sample.
    You know, maybe repeating isn't such a bad idea after all? All this new experience. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

reznov wrote: »
    Perhaps, but not to risk purpose marks I was not willing to experiment.
    I also did a 30/40 on my mock and scored highly in it. So here is to hoping!

I didn't do mocks but I always score less on the a) b) part then when I do the 70. I remembered the question I did the last time. But I forgot to mention Michael as a central character and referred to the whole family. I think I forget what the question is asking me and go off point or I write to much for part a or b. I find it easier to just compare the 3.
    Togepi wrote: »
    I take it I'm the only one who came straight home from Maths Paper 1 and lay in bed until about half an hour ago* then? :cool:

*I had one food break at dinner time. :P

I haven't done anything tonight or opened a single book lol.
    Tomorrow will be maths for the whole day and business.
    It's good to have breaks from studying :). I didn't feel like opening a maths paper after my paper going awful lol.

I wonder whats going to happen when the exams finish. Will we all still chat? lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

The only positive thing about sitting the LC is you no longer wait for the 6th of June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Hahah so true. Ya never feel safe with History, it's like 'I've only learnt off four essays for this topic, omg I'm f**ked!' such a dickhead of a subject like. Wish I did chemistry instead in fairness

I dont learn off essays for it because that never works out ... oh and in my second mock ... haha this is proof of how unlucky I really and truly am .. I learnt 2 case studys (and there are 3 in each) for each because I was stuck for time to study for it anyways... Nothing I studied came up in the 4 sections :( Oh woe is me :( Yes the other case study I didnt learn came up in all :(
    Wish I did accounting or french :(

Yeah but thats what I really hated...most teachers are awful and uncreative and they base their comparative around whatever those stupid revision books do. Half this forum probably did HMMB, IID and DAL. My teacher picked unique texts and character questions just dont work with it, and we almost got punished for actually doing something different...

Thankfully they put "aspects" in the 30/40 mark one. We dont look at central characters, we looked at aspects e.g. treatment of children (not just the one main child), and also women, and many other aspects. They might as well ask a question on poetry that wont fit many people's 6 poems - it was just so unfair!

Got 65/70 in the mock in GV+V and I'm praying I at least maintained it...

I think my school used those as we were all repeats as well and it's easy to do those in a year. I could've done my texts from last year but I did them at ordinary level. Aw it must be really interesting do other texts though :).
    I know some people used Casablanca instead of Inside I'm Dancing.

I haven't done anything tonight or opened a single book lol.
    Tomorrow will be maths for the whole day and business.
    It's good to have breaks from studying :). I didn't feel like opening a maths paper after my paper going awful lol.

Same, I just have to do Irish and Maths over the weekend. Can't wait for those two to be out of the way. Guarantee that I won't do a tap for Irish though. :cool:
    I wonder whats going to happen when the exams finish. Will we all still chat? lol.

Of course we will - THE BOARDSIE CRAIC!!! <3:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I propose a LC graduation class 2012 OT:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The other English classes did Oedipus, the Great Gatsby and Casablanca which would have been way more interesting but our teacher was completely dependent on Key Notes so yeah. Always thought revision books were for student aids rather than teaching material but there you go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

So if I got a B1 in English and get an A2 in maths... that's still the same as 2 A1s. :D Gotta look on the bright side.

Same, I just have to do Irish and Maths over the weekend. Can't wait for those two to be out of the way. Guarantee that I won't do a tap for Irish though. :cool:

I don't do Irish so I just have maths to focus on, I'll try and teach myself I'll probably have grinds I might get two sessions rather than the one.

That'd be so cool :).

What happens when next years 6th years takeover we'll have to move and find some other place ?

We'll need it. :L You'll see all of us over in the Personal Issues forum once the Leaving's over and there's no more off-topic chat. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I think my school used those as we were all repeats as well and it's easy to do those in a year. I could've done my texts from last year but I did them at ordinary level. Aw it must be really interesting do other texts though :).
    I know some people used Casablanca instead of Inside I'm Dancing.
    True :) One of the classes in my year did Casablanca I think, or maybe it was Atonement, I dont even remember :P
    reznov wrote: »
    We studied unique texts too but my teachers essay was based around a sample.
    You know, maybe repeating isn't such a bad idea after all? All this new experience. :P
    My teacher made them up himself completely, I can tell because he only decided halfway through 5th year whether we'd do Purple Hibiscus or Dont Lets Go To The Dogs Tonight. Sadly he picked Purple Hibiscus. :P

Lol repeating and getting an even worse set of exams would kill me.

:D
    I'd propose a meet up if it wouldnt make me sound like some kind of pedo... :P

meet up

SHOTGUN HAVING IT IN GALWAY!!! :D:p

• Advertisement

Namlub wrote: »
    The other English classes did Oedipus, the Great Gatsby and Casablanca which would have been way more interesting but our teacher was completely dependent on Key Notes so yeah. Always thought revision books were for student aids rather than teaching material but there you go

What!?
    Those were my texts.
    There's like 70 to choose from, how did they end up with my texts?

True :) One of the classes in my year did Casablanca I think, or maybe it was Atonement, I dont even remember :P

My teacher made them up himself completely, I can tell because he only decided halfway through 5th year whether we'd do Purple Hibiscus or Dont Lets Go To The Dogs Tonight. Sadly he picked Purple Hibiscus. :P

Lol repeating and getting an even worse set of exams would kill me.

:D

I'd propose a meet up if it wouldnt make me sound like some kind of pedo... :P

I was going to do How many miles to Babylon with The story of Lucy Gault and The Lonesome West. But I hadn't studied it through general vision or theme or issue. I'd probably be able to do it by myself now since I know what it is.

Haha a boardsie meet up would be deadly. Didn't we say we'd all meet up before lol?

We always have me and Randy's wedding to look forward to in the Summer :P

What!?
    Those were my texts.
    There's like 70 to choose from, how did they end up with my texts?

70C3. I am going to ace paper 2 :cool:

Lads we should just set up a thread in one of the forums no-one uses, be grand craic. I propose Mustard.

How will us Dubliners get to Galway ? :)

• Advertisement

Namlub wrote: »
    70C3. I am going to ace paper 2 :cool:

Lads we should just set up a thread in one of the forums no-one uses, be grand craic. I propose Mustard.

There's a mustard forum:confused:
    I think Coeur used to post in Swedish forum but there was literally nobody else there:P

Yes, it is real. Mustard is just such a diverse topic

How will us Dubliners get to Galway ? :)

Same way us culchies get to Dublin. :P

I thought it was a joke when you said there was a mustard forum!
    I've just found it it's so hilarious lmao. Why people would want to speak about mustard I'll never know :S.

Donkeys?

Our new home. <3

Hahaha @Mysteriouschic I was wondering why there was 'one viewing' at this hour of the morning! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

I do hope the members of that forum have meetups, they'd be epic.

frantic190 wrote: »

Lololol - "have you heard about this new craze, I believe it's called 'mustard'." :pac:

Same way us culchies get to Dublin. :P
    Haha is everyone from Galway? Who else is from Dublin?
    I know Patchy is .
    Our new home. <3

Hahaha @Mysteriouschic I was wondering why there was 'one viewing' at this hour of the morning! :pac:

We still have until September before we need to relocate :). Oh yeah lol like who'd be thinking about mustard. There's a zombie forum too it's underneath mustard lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

frantic190 wrote: »

I'd be awkward as hell at that tbh, I'd just standing there, making awkward conversation and wondering if any of the things I say will be thanked on the boards.

• Advertisement

I know Patchy is .

Ah I just picked Galway 'cause it's the nearest city, and it's lovely, plus, ye Dubliners have everything on yer feckin' doorstep! :P
    We still have until September before we need to relocate smile.gif. Oh yeah lol like who'd be thinking about mustard. There's a zombie forum too it's underneath mustard lol.

Just preparing us, some people might need to move their stuff, y'know. :pac: Oh god, I'm not even going to go there. :pac:

I'd be awkward as hell at that tbh, I'd just standing there, making awkward conversation and wondering if any of the things I say will be thanked on the boards.

I'm the same haha.
    I could just imagine us all introducing ourselves by our usernames lmao.

I propose we get a procrastination forum created and that should be our home... in honour of Hamlet <3

Lololol - "have you heard about this new craze, I believe it's called 'mustard'." :pac:

It has to be a front for something, they're plotting world domination. Or it's some sick cult.

Let's just do Boards Big Brother over the summer, Randy can act as Big Brother.

I know Patchy is .

We still have until September before we need to relocate :). Oh yeah lol like who'd be thinking about mustard. There's a zombie forum too it's underneath mustard lol.

Patchy, Myself, Lefty, fair few others
    AlmightyDublin too but he's not been around for a while now.

I actually plan to go to Galway this summer anyway...right Kitty? :P

Also to explain what cian is trying to say: the cool kids are from dublin. :cool:
    fizzyorange and xcorina too, unusually small world, i know them irl :pac:

I propose we get a procrastination forum created and that should be our home... in honour of Hamlet <3

I had done so well to avoid posting in here all year because I knew it would be bad for my study efforts, then the second they start I couldn't resist. They should just rename this forum the procrastination and occasional exam discussion forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

What happens when next years 6th years takeover we'll have to move and find some other place ?
    Clearasil and Hormones is usually the choice. ;)

Do NOT invade Mustard, that forum is much beloved of a founder of Boards, and he has a mighty banhammer!!
    We always have me and Randy's wedding to look forward to in the Summer :P
    <3

• Advertisement

Patchy, Myself, Lefty, fair few others
    AlmightyDublin too but he's not been around for a while now.

You could just imagine us all getting the coach/train up to Galway for the boardsie meet :).

I actually plan to go to Galway this summer anyway...right Kitty? :P

Also to explain what cian is trying to say: the cool kids are from dublin. :cool:
    fizzyorange and xcorina too, unusually small world, i know them irl :pac:

Right patch :P ;)
    Sorry now the cool kids are me and Joey :P obv... :P

unusually small world, i know them irl :pac:

What is this 'real life' you speak of? :cool:

You could just imagine us all getting the coach/train up to Galway for the boardsie meet :).

And you were all never seen again.
    lnKGQ.gif

Lolling at randy's handywork, well played :pac: :pac:

Clearasil and Hormones is usually the choice. ;)

Do NOT invade Mustard, that forum is much beloved of a founder of Boards, and he has a mighty banhammer!!

<3

Is that the only place we can relocate the clearasil and hormones! :( .
    We could just get a new forum created that way we won't be invading :).

• Advertisement

Clearasil and Hormones is usually the choice. wink.gif

<3

:eek:

I just voted "don't like mustard" in the which mustard poll...

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

We can all be moderators of the new forum, the things we would do! ;)

All Coeur's posts would read "I am a tranny", all Cian's would be "I am studying", and everyone else's would be "Patchy is not totally sexy and awesome" because I am sick of you guys saying that :rolleyes:

Patchy is totally sexy and awesome

I am studying.
    I am always studying.
    I live to study.

You all know my posts will be " Well that exam went awesome, everything I studied came up" :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement