Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which city in the country do you like most?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Pah, it's always so fashionable to say galway, which is winning if you exclude Dublin.

I haven't been to Sligo or Cork but have the rest. Born in Dublin. Voted Belfast

By the way . . . Sligo? What about Kilkenny/Derry surely bigger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Bit of a stretch to call anywhere other than Dublin or maybe Belfast a "City".

imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Des wrote: »

imo.
    Yeah, they're more like overgrown villages or towns at best.

If I were born one as one of the underprivileged that are born outside of Dublin, I wouldn't have the audacity to do anything other than jump in to my slurry pit and end it all. Don't think I could live with myself being a bogger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Des wrote: »

imo.

I think there's about 10 technical cities on the island.

I believe all the ones listed other than sligo meet the criteria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

smashey wrote: »
    Where's Derry, Kilkenny, Newry, Armagh and Lisburn? All cities.

/awaits Waterford attacks on Kilkenny.
    im from waterford and consider killenny a city. Cant stand waterford people calling it a town just to annoy the killenny people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I think there's about 10 technical cities on the island.

I believe all the ones listed other than sligo meet the criteria.

"Technical" me bollix.

Just because somewhere has a large-ish church or a large-ish "university" doesn't make them a city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

thread necro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Limerick - I'm from there so it gets my vote and it has made significant progress in the last few years.
    Dublin - never really warmed to the place but it's not the worst.
    Cork - A dump populated by egos.
    Waterford - A slightly charming kip but I wouldn't live there.
    Galway - Its fashionable to say its great it seems. I've had good weekends there but its nothing special.
    Sligo - Lols.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

hate dublin and cork. I love sligo strangely enough. Dont like the way dublin people think their better than everyone just cos they live in a crap city

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

I live in Galway now and love everything but the traffic. Combine the atmosphere and laid back charm of Galway, Limerick traffic and sense of humour, Dublin gigs (but nothing else!!) and waterford weather and you'd have the perfect city.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

Waterford - it has the best geographical location and the best weather. And it has blaas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Dublin, definitely.

Kilkenny should definitely be in the poll though, especially if Sligo is (though it shouldn't be IMO) ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Dublin, then Belfast. Wouldn't consider any of the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

inaccurate poll result as people will vote for the city they're from for the most part - hence dublin in front due to simple demographics. Galway is undoubtedly getting the non partisan vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

limerick for me, has done a huge amount of redevopment in the past few years. then galway.

cant stand the look of cork. traffic puts me off the place also.

Sligo looks kinda nice when you approach from the dublin side but then you relise it is quite a kip when you get to the town centre. I go there quite often and not much there tbh. the centre needs a lot of redevopment

Advertisement