Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mighty Mouse

• 14-03-2006 11:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there is a wireless version of this out soon?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Always thought that myself. Seems like a pretty basic thing to do. The only thing is - the MM itself is quite light, adding wireless functionality will seriously increase the weight of the mouse, so you might even see an entirely new mouse coming out.
    Again, but will too expensive for what it is though :( (Still didn't stop me from buying one though...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

What's the point of wireless mice? They tend to be heavier/bulkier/often not as accurate. And you have to deal with batteries. And if you drop them off your desk, they hit the floor more easily as there's no cable to hold them back...

My favourite mouse at the moment is the Logitech MX518, though the Logitech drivers stink, so I'm using SteerMouse instead.

Sorry about going off topic, to answer your question: I've heard it's only a matter of time. Nobody knows exactly when it will happen, though. It might be next month, or it might be a year out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

With an Imac if it's not wireless, it's worthless. That's the major selling point :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭shane_mcc

well i bought my imac ppc g5 last september with an apple wireless kboard and mouse and am very happy with it, only changed the batteries in the kboard once, and about 4 times in the mouse which isn't too bad considering i never remember to turn them off.
    recently we got a new g5 in college with a wired kboard and mighty mouse and im in love with the mouse, although i never really use the right click as command click at this stage is hard-wired into me. . when im at home i reach for the scroll ball all the time. cant wait for the btooth version, the money is ready and waiting!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

wireless or not... i have one and it's a load of crap [apart from the scroll nipple, which is the dogs]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

i have one and i like it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

minikin wrote:
    wireless or not... i have one and it's a load of crap [apart from the scroll nipple, which is the dogs]

why do you not like it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

It's certainly much lighter than the Pro mouse, but I find this to be a good thing. It's certainly not a load of crap like minikin thinks, but everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

S.

Advertisement