Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

good priced 20" g5 in 3g???

• 17-03-2006 10:26pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭

was in 3g on henry street yesterday and spotted this little beauty,now bear in mind iv been chasing a mac for a long time and with the release of the intel chip and the powerpc chip prices dropping through the floor i aint cn a better time.

they have a 20" iSight G5 with a 2.1ghz processor,512mb ram,250gb hdd, superdrive and airport and bluetooth. the unit is coming in at a great price of €1,366 or there is a step down model for the 1100 mark. am i seeing this wrong or are they a good deal?

aint up on mac prices at the mo so would appreciate any help possible here,

thanks folks
    Mark

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

Sounds like a very good price if it is a 20" screen

what was the one for 1100 ?

Henry street you say ....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

its a 1.9ghz processor,17inch screen and a 160gb hdd

only has one RAM upgrade slot compared to 2 on the Intel but crucials prices are goo for mac memory at the moment

but 1100 is an excellent price for the machine you get , considering buying one in the morning if I can sell my mac mini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the prices in 3g are the same as the apple website

the apple website doesn't sell imac g5 anymore

the prices in 3g are 1366 for the 20" model and

1222 for the 17" model

• Advertisement

picked up an iMac G5 today , thanks for the tip Splinter

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

argh i had every intention of pickin one up on thurs and i got let go this morning...what a load of poo...

thats what credit card r 4
    I got the last henry street one but Stephens green had 2 let on the day bought.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

We still have few G5's left if anyone is interested.

Send an e-mail to tkeane@3g.ie and let him know what you are looking for.

Thanks

Shane O' Malley

Advertisement