Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S4, android 4.3 and wifi

Options
  • 15-11-2013 1:31pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else having problems?

Since I updated my S4 to Android 4.3, it is not connecting to my wifi. It keeps saying that the "connection is disabled because the connection is too slow". Now, the connection is not slow. I have 150Mbps UPC and am getting 45-50Mbps across my other devices on wifi.

It was working fine before the update.

If I disable DHCP and use a static IP address it works fine.
    I have two different wifi routers (linksys and also the Horizon box). It is the same with both.

A quick Google search shows that it's not an uncommon issue.

Any comments/ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Paulw wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems?

Since I updated my S4 to Android 4.3, it is not connecting to my wifi. It keeps saying that the "connection is disabled because the connection is too slow". Now, the connection is not slow. I have 150Mbps UPC and am getting 45-50Mbps across my other devices on wifi.

It was working fine before the update.

If I disable DHCP and use a static IP address it works fine.
    I have two different wifi routers (linksys and also the Horizon box). It is the same with both.

A quick Google search shows that it's not an uncommon issue.

Any comments/ideas?

Got a new HTC One with Android 4.3. Wifi barely working at all. Seems like plenty are having problems with Wifi on Android 4.3 looking at the internet. Do these guys test the ****ing thing at all.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Oh I got it all fixed. A factory reset and then reload a backup solved it. wifi has been totally great and stable since. Samsung then released an update to fix it.

Advertisement