Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lego Classic 10697 -1500 pieces Tesco Direct £33+PM

• 05-10-2015 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

LEGO Deal on Tescodirect.com (I put it on the tesco bargains but it deserves its own thread :))

Lego Classic 10697

It's 1500 pieces but needs to be shipped to Parcel Motel

Cost is £30 + £3 delivery + PM

Its getting a lot of heat on HKUD.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭ablelocks

it's in Tesco Nenagh too, but at the higher price of either €65 or €69 (25% off the sign says) - might be more convenient for some...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭craggy2

In Naas tonight too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭patspost

How did you pay?
    Put in parcel motel for address, but credit card wont go through.
    No paypal option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

patspost wrote: »
    How did you pay?
    Put in parcel motel for address, but credit card wont go through.
    No paypal option.

Set up my account with Pm address. Can't remember if I have it as billing address as well.
    Just paid by credit card.
    Got delivery of a toaster last week as well, no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

ablelocks wrote: »
    it's in Tesco Nenagh too, but at the higher price of either €65 or €69 (25% off the sign says) - might be more convenient for some...

It's cheaper from the Lego Store at €54.99 and qualifies for free delivery, but the Tesco Direct price is a bit cheaper again. Pity about the crappy exchange rate.

• Advertisement

It's cheaper from the Lego Store at €54.99 and qualifies for free delivery, but the Tesco Direct price is a bit cheaper again. Pity about the crappy exchange rate.

Tesco comes in at under 50.:)

Need to get some base plates though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,597 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

How do you get free shipping?
    I've tried to order it and I get charged €11.95

(they're also offering a free gift of a (lego) sabre tooth tiger)

edit - ok, I saw something that says if my order gets to €55 they'll add free delivery automatically.. the set is 54.99, guess I'll have to order something else too... crafty Danes

Akrasia wrote: »

edit - ok, I saw something that says if my order gets to €55 they'll add free delivery automatically.. the set is 54.99, guess I'll have to order something else too... crafty Danes

There is no free shipping - read my OP.
    Use your parcel Motel address for delivery and shipping is £3. you also have PM fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

He's on about from the Lego store.

RossieMan wrote: »
    He's on about from the Lego store.

He never said that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

Its a no brainer, you can go to the pick a brick option and get a connecter for 8c this takes you over the €55 limit by a whole 7c

Why pay 55 when you can pay 49 approx??

You wouldn't if you want to use Parcel Motel. If you don't, the Lego Store is your next cheapest option, and if you buy from there regularly you accumulate points for your purchase. Each to their own, and all that. (Disclaimer: I went the Tesco Direct + Parcel Motel route.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

Some people may value the free gift and the to your own door option at 6 euro or more.

Disclaimer I've not brought from either

You wouldn't if you want to use Parcel Motel. If you don't, the Lego Store is your next cheapest option, and if you buy from there regularly you accumulate points for your purchase. Each to their own, and all that. (Disclaimer: I went the Tesco Direct + Parcel Motel route.)

Yeah, I couldn't be bothered setting up a parcel motel account and all that craic. Also, I like that tiger :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Damned Bargain alerts. Ordered one of these. I will be finding pieces of this kit around the house for the next 20 years.

Menas wrote: »
    Damned Bargain alerts. Ordered one of these. I will be finding pieces of this kit around the house for the next 20 years.

You really need to be more careful with your toys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads do you make random stuff with these blocks or do they give you instructions of how to make things with them? I'm not very creative :p

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Lads do you make random stuff with these blocks or do they give you instructions of how to make things with them? I'm not very creative :p

The answers is "yes"

Or both :)

Fakman87 wrote: »

Both. Have a look at some of the MOC sites to give you some ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

For anyone who is looking to stock up and missed this, be aware used and sanitized lego is sold by the kilo on ebay. I ordered 15kg last year to break my kids out of the "must build kit to look like picture on box" mindframe. The Lego movie coming out at the same time with the same message helped. Just putting it out there. Also noticed Smyths sells "name brand compatible" generic lego too in bulk sizes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

sanitized lego

what's that? Cleaned 2nd hand stuff?

quarryman wrote: »
    what's that? Cleaned 2nd hand stuff?

If you're buying used Lego you should sanitise it when you get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I'd say that would make some clatter in the washing machine

Skerries wrote: »

I'd facepalm if I could on my phone !!

Mine has shipped :)

For anyone who is looking to stock up and missed this, be aware used and sanitized lego is sold by the kilo on ebay. I ordered 15kg last year to break my kids out of the "must build kit to look like picture on box" mindframe. The Lego movie coming out at the same time with the same message helped. Just putting it out there. Also noticed Smyths sells "name brand compatible" generic lego too in bulk sizes.

I hate the 'lego compatable' stuff because it's usually made to a lower precision than official lego, so when you're making something, the cheap lego is the structurally weak point and the whole thing falls apart.

Skerries wrote: »

Put it in one of those laundry bag things for delicates and put it on a cool 'Delicates' cycle. Works a treat. A pillowcase tied at the top would also work, but those bag things let all the crap and grime out through the mesh rather than have it still sitting in the case with your newly-cleaned LEGO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Put it in one of those laundry bag things for delicates and put it on a cool 'Delicates' cycle. Works a treat. A pillowcase tied at the top would also work, but those bag things let all the crap and grime out through the mesh rather than have it still sitting in the case with your newly-cleaned LEGO.

I wish I'd known this back when my cub vomited into the lego box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I hate the 'lego compatable' stuff because it's usually made to a lower precision than official lego, so when you're making something, the cheap lego is the structurally weak point and the whole thing falls apart.

The Oxford sets that Smyths sell are great quality.

There's Block Tech branded stuff in Tesco that's not worth the money even if they are cheap.

Reviews I've read say the same about block tech.
    Kre-o is very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭KAGY

How many pieces would you say was in that roughly. Just trying to compare with the box from the OP. Or does anyone know the weight of that box?

Going price seems to be up to €150 when you include postage for 10kg on eBay

Got my Lego from tesco today.
    Its a BIG box :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Did you get it with Parcelmotel? Concerned it will be too large for a locker there.

mbroaders wrote: »
    Did you get it with Parcelmotel? Concerned it will be too large for a locker there.

It fits :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 46e9cpr2

Back in stock now. Just got mine ordered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

46e9cpr2 wrote: »
    Back in stock now. Just got mine ordered.

out of stock again :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

back in stock, just ordered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Gone again .....bugg3r
    Great deal if you can get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

i ordered the same from the lego store, 55, free delivery and christmas train set free, also double vip points means 5 off next purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

Do I dare buy 1500 lego bricks as a fully functioning adult with responsibilities and such? I love lego dammit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

diograis wrote: »
    Do I dare buy 1500 lego bricks as a fully functioning adult with responsibilities and such? I love lego dammit

You can justify it to yourself by buying a raspberry pi and making a case for it :pac:

lego_2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭positron

phobia2011 wrote: »
    i ordered the same from the lego store, 55, free delivery and christmas train set free, also double vip points means 5 off next purchase.

Can you please post a link? When I go to Lego Store, it's coming up a lot more expensive than that.

PS: Found it: http://shop.lego.com/en-IE/LEGO-Large-Creative-Box-10697?fromListing=listing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

You need to add a single lego piece to the order, I think 8c is the cheapest, this brings you above €55 for free delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭ablelocks

is there a link to the christmas train or does it add automatically?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

ablelocks wrote: »
    is there a link to the christmas train or does it add automatically?

Adds automatically

phobia2011 wrote: »
    You need to add a single lego piece to the order, I think 8c is the cheapest, this brings you above €55 for free delivery.

Thanks Phobia. Ordered the large classic set and added Simpsons 6 mini figures to get free shipping. 6 mini figures for 2.99 was a deal on it's own, I thought these sets are usually a lot more expensive than that. And got the free train set automatically added.

Sweet. I am actually looking forward to Christmas now.. which is a first! :D

Quick heads up: Argos UK is setting Simpsons mini-figures series 2 for £0.99. It's still €3.49 here, but may be they will drop that price soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

I'm not getting any trainset added automatically, at the top it says theres an extra item in my basket but when I click through or go to checkout its no there?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I'm not getting any trainset added automatically, at the top it says theres an extra item in my basket but when I click through or go to checkout its no there?!

And you've spent over 55 euro? Odd, it just appeared in my basket when I ordered.

• Advertisement
Advertisement