Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3mm metal rod

Options
  • 29-08-2015 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I am looking to source small quantities of 3mm rod, galvanised or otherwise (I will paint them for sculpture work). The smallest I have found is 6mm. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,426 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Rtags wrote: »
    I am looking to source small quantities of 3mm rod, galvanised or otherwise (I will paint them for sculpture work). The smallest I have found is 6mm. Can anyone help?
    Don't know where you're based but I got smaller than that in Miko Metals in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rtags

Thanks TheChizler! I'm based in Dublin. For the quantities at the moment I need its probably not worth getting shipped. There must be someone in or around Dublin suppliying small rounds??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rtags

Thanks DublinDilbert, I'm looking for much longer lengths though - the longer the better..

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

Fencing Wire is about 3mm hotdip galvanised (Bull Wire) and builder merchants would have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭T5180

Impact Metals in Cookstown Tallaght or Special Steels in Parcmore off the Long Mile Rd should be able to help .Have you considered using Tig or Gas Welding rods? , they should be available in 1/8" , GasWeld on East Wall Rd may have these.

Advertisement