Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revit Irish families

Options
  • 10-02-2015 4:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 369 ✭✭

Hi- I’m new to Revit and have been looking online for good families of doors, windows, walls, etc. There are a few good ones, but I suppose I’m looking for families that would be more suited to Irish construction standards, for example 350 cavity block walls with insulation. Does anyone here have any good Irish-suitable families? I’ve been making some myself and would be glad to share if others are!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

There are some irish window family windows on revit city, with a standard concrete sill, for the walls the easiest thing to do is to just duplicate a wall and edit as needed

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

make duplicates and edit them to your own spec, that all I do anyway

the only thing I go looking for families are windows, doors and other niggly things that I couldn't be arsed creating myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

the only thing I go looking for families are windows, doors and other niggly things that I couldn't be arsed creating myself

In my experience creating new door families from scratch is no picnic anyway! Quite complex if you're looking for a door with a lot of hardware on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

sorry for dragging up an old thread but was wondering can anyone help out , im trying to do a 3d mass of an object similar to a piece of coal but more like a bean shape , not very expierenced with massing so if anyone is familiar with it any help would be apprieciated

Advertisement