Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lion or Mountain Lion install disk

Options
  • 21-10-2014 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone have a lend of an Lion or Mountain Lion install DVD? I am in Blessington but will travel if not too far ;). I will leave you with a deposit to ensure I bring it back to you.

I need to reinstall my system but have no disk to do so as someone may or may not have thrown it out :mad:

Thanks
    Ste

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I only have the ML .dmg installer file. Dunno if there's some way I could get that to you via the cloud, might take ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

I need to boot off the DVD as the laptop wont start. Don't think i could even use a flashdrive, or could I, with the .dmg expanded?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Quattroste wrote: »
    I need to boot off the DVD as the laptop wont start. Don't think i could even use a flashdrive, or could I, with the .dmg expanded?

I installed Lion on my GF's 2007 Macbook only last week via bootable USB after her HDD failed, and we found the DVD drive seemed to also be ballsed. There are plenty of guides out there for creating a bootable USB (not just exploding the dmg, mind) like this one if you can get your hands on a disk or disk image to clone. According to most of the guides out there, the disk image for ML came as part of the downloaded package, so once you are licensed for ML, there should be no issue with you installing that way from a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Thank you cython. This looks like a plan :).

Advertisement