Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 9 Transfers.

• 18-10-2014 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭

Dummett out for legend O'Shea.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Aguero in, have 2 FT'S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

If Walcott is fit, its a no brainer for me. Have to see who i get out though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Mine will probably involve Ramsey and/or Aguero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Silva/Ulloa out Aguero/whoever I can afford in :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Have 2 FT's. I had planned doing Coloccini, Fabianski out for Azpil and Mannone.
    Last nights price rises have put an end to that.

Thinking of Sterling to Henderson now and Coloccini to Azpil or Baines but I really don't think that selling Sterling is a good idea.

Don't know what I'll do yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Have two free transfers and need to get Aguero in.
    So likely Ivan and Welbeck out....Aguero and a cheapish defender in.

Not pressing the panic button...no siree bob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I can just relax now and watch ye all rip yer teams apart for Aguero muahahaha! :pac:

Pelle just scored again. It'll be time to bring him in and sell Welbeck I think if Welbeck doesn't perform today

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

either pelle or welbeck for dzeko..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Silva out, Tadic in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

have 2 free transfers, was thinking
    Welbeck to pelle
    Terry to Felipe Luis
    Is azpi definitely banned for 3 games? and is there any cup games in between or is it going to be 3 league games?
    Was also looking maybe at chester to Alcaraz? Is the position his until Stones is back?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'll be extracting Kevin Nolan from my team whether by WC, transfer or for a hit. I can confirm him to be the single stupidist transfer I've ever made.

So just the 2 FT's but I have to get all the player in!!:)

Tadic, Pelle, all the other Southampton players, Baines, Coleman, Sanchez.

Looks like I'll have to take a hit this week so

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'll be extracting Kevin Nolan from my team whether by WC, transfer or for a hit. I can confirm him to be the single stupidist transfer I've ever made.

Adding to that Nolan costs 6.3 and I've got 1.2 in the bank.

7.5 to spend. Now who costs 7.5 currently? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Welbeck to Pelle or Sterling to Tadic? Or both?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Thinking of some minor surgery to my squad for a -4. What do you think?

Patrick Van Aanholt -> Felipe Luis
    After a -2 this week, I can see many PvA owners abandoning ship. With Azpilceuta suspended, Luis is a natural replacement and his price should rocket considering he started the season as 6.0 and is now 5.4

Morgan Schneiderlin -> George Boyd (or any cheap playing midfielder)
    I've enjoyed a lot of price rises with Schneiderlin, but I think it's time to let go because he's a non-starter in my team every week. This is a purely strategic move to allow for my next move

Danny Welbeck -> Pelle
    It was a coin toss between Pelle and Welbeck when I was looking at this position during my WC. Welbeck isn't the worst of options, but I can see Pelle's stock rising even further and I don't think he's a flash in a pan either.

PVA - Baines
    Sterling - Henderson
    Welbeck - Pelle

Those 3 transfers would leave me with this team. Any opinions?

2644da997f81adbaf7e5cfd28393faf0.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I have exact money for wellbeck to pelle.........but my planned transfer was PVA to spurs or Bertrand........

So Aguero is out of my price range.

So thinking Naismith to Pelle or Ulloa. Also want Ramsey.

If I bring in Pelle I can only afford Ramsey if I drop Fab or ADM, if I bring in Ulloa, I can drop Sterling. Dont really want to drop Fab or ADM.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

km79 wrote: »
    I have exact money for wellbeck to pelle.........but my planned transfer was PVA to spurs or Bertrand........

The one thing I would say, Welbeck V sunderland next, :eek:

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    The one thing I would say, Welbeck V sunderland next, :eek:

oh yes indeed......I might just stick with tadic for saints cover so and move for aguero after all ...

2 FT and have the exact money for Facao to Aguero and Sterling to Tadic.
    I think I will have to do it. I am guessing both Aguero and Tadic will go up in price tonight?

Going to wait till after the GW to make any decision, should Falcao get 2/3 tomorrow could cause bit of a head ache

Going to wait till after the GW to make any decision, should Falcao get 2/3 tomorrow could cause bit of a head ache

yes falcao is key to my transfers next week.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,828 ✭✭✭✭dahat

He'd be some player if he does that....

True, but Utd face chelsea whilst Aguero faces...west ham.

True, but Utd face chelsea whilst Aguero faces...west ham.

I already have Aguero, my decision is what to do with Welbeck really - for last few weeks it's being a tossed up between him and falcao, waiting for one to hit form.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Welbeck to Pelle or Sterling to Tadic? Or both?!

This is exactly what I am contemplating!!!

Have the template midfield with Aguero, Costa & Welbeck!

No way are the other two coming out so has to be Welbeck.. then to get Tadic it had to be 1 of Fab, Sterling or ADM???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Thinking of Terry for Baines and Chadli (who I bought last night) for Tadic.

I can't afford Pelle.

Am I thinking straight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Sterling is very much on my chopping block; will wait to see how he plays tomorrow though. Cesc, Siggy, and ADM seem like season keepers at this point

Sterling is very much on my chopping block; will wait to see how he plays tomorrow though. Cesc, Siggy, and ADM seem like season keepers at this point

I sold cesc for tadic yday ;) ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    So Aguero is out of my price range.

So thinking Naismith to Pelle or Ulloa. Also want Ramsey.

If I bring in Pelle I can only afford Ramsey if I drop Fab or ADM, if I bring in Ulloa, I can drop Sterling. Dont really want to drop Fab or ADM.

Thoughts?

For me, you should make moves that put Aguero into your price range and get him in.

I've been beating the same drum all season and he showed it today - when fit, Aguero has to be in your team.

Chesty08 wrote: »

No way are the other two coming out so has to be Welbeck.. then to get Tadic it had to be 1 of Fab, Sterling or ADM???

I wish I had gone Pelle over Welbeck a few weeks ago, but I figure I might as well ride it out now. At least Welbz got the late goal

km79 wrote: »
    I sold cesc for tadic yday ;) ..

And fair play, but if Cesc is popping up with goals now he's not leaving my team

Lemlin wrote: »
    For me, you should make moves that put Aguero into your price range and get him in.

I've been beating the same drum all season and he showed it today - when fit, Aguero has to be in your team.

He could get injuried mid week.

;)

Although if I droped Welbeck, I only have to find another 3mil from somewhere for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Ulloa out, Pelle in. Ivan out to someone worth less than 5.3. This is where the headache starts, unfortunately, as all the good defenders have slowly crept past 5.3.

I wish I had gone Pelle over Welbeck a few weeks ago, but I figure I might as well ride it out now. At least Welbz got the late goal

Same boat! Plus I had Tadic & got rid.. but I don't feel too bad, In top 6k & 81 pts with 4(3 midfielders) still to play.

However with Southanptons form & 4 out of 6 next matches at home.. attacking coverage from them is a must!!!

Ulloa out, Pelle in. Ivan out to someone worth less than 5.3. This is where the headache starts, unfortunately, as all the good defenders have slowly crept past 5.3.

Ouch Felipe Luis is 5.4 which would of been nice compo for Ivan coming out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Jagielka would also have been nice but he's still .1 too expensive too, but that's how it goes. Those .1s come back to bite you. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

He could get injuried mid week.

;)

Although if I droped Welbeck, I only have to find another 3mil from somewhere for him.

What's your team?

• Advertisement

G1032 wrote: »
    PVA - Baines
    Sterling - Henderson
    Welbeck - Pelle

Those 3 transfers would leave me with this team. Any opinions?

2644da997f81adbaf7e5cfd28393faf0.png

Anyone willing to offer an opinion on this?
    At the very least should I be doing Welbeck -> Pelle tonight? Pelle has gone up 17% since the start of play today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Think I might ship Sterling out for Walcott.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Looking for a bit of advice/help please lads. How would you get Baines into the below? I've 2 FT's but don't mind taking a -4 hit. Just doing a bit of planning at the minute as I'm quite happy to go into next week with the below anyway:

5eb573276df3844fdb018d586abb5114.png

I think it will have to be downgrading Silva or Sterling, getting Mignolet out for a cheap goalkeeper that starts and upgrading van Aanholt to Baines. Leaving me the below:

106053c2abdf89c48fa2562dd5611726.png

£12m to divide between a midfielder to play as my 4th and a starting goalkeeper. Any suggestions on how to do things better or players to get with that £12m much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I got Gibbs in at 5.3 but regretting it now as Arsenal defence was a shambles today. Should improve with Kos and Chambers returning though.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Think I might ship Sterling out for Walcott.

Walcott probably won't see 90 minutes for a about a month I'd say

Paully D wrote: »
    Looking for a bit of advice/help please lads. How would you get Baines into the below? I've 2 FT's but don't mind taking a -4 hit. Just doing a bit of planning at the minute as I'm quite happy to go into next week with the below anyway:

5eb573276df3844fdb018d586abb5114.png

I think it will have to be downgrading Silva or Sterling, getting Mignolet out for a cheap goalkeeper that starts and upgrading van Aanholt to Baines. Leaving me the below:

106053c2abdf89c48fa2562dd5611726.png

£12m to divide between a midfielder to play as my 4th and a starting goalkeeper. Any suggestions on how to do things better or players to get with that £12m much appreciated.

Lloris and Chadli fits perfectly if you trust Spurs. A 4.5m GK and Tadic otherwise

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Sterling from that trio, imo.
    Fabregas and Di Maria are must haves.

Finding 3 million is what you have to do so.

3.3 million if you procrastinate, his price is going to sky rocket over the next week or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,340 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Paully D wrote: »

£12m to divide between a midfielder to play as my 4th and a starting goalkeeper. Any suggestions on how to do things better or players to get with that £12m.

4.5 keeper and Tadic would be my preference.
    You could avoid the -4 and leave Mig and just do Silva -> Chadli. Chadli's still a strong player to have imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Guys... need advise asap. I really want seamus coleman in my team for the next 5 weeks, i know its a risk bringing him in now this early for next week, but if i dont act now will he rise in price?? anyone please

I got Gibbs in at 5.3 but regretting it now as Arsenal defence was a shambles today. Should improve with Kos and Chambers returning though.

Not sure how you've come to that conclusion, they have kept 1 clean sheet so far this season, chambers is a liability if nothing else, yellow card machine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement