Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Experience

Options
  • 12-04-2013 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hello :)
    I'm thinking about going to DIT Aungier street this September and I don't really know much about it. Was just wondering if anyone could tell me about their experience.
    anything from the societies and clubs, making friends, the nightlife, freshers week, events or just any general banter. Any information would be really helpful :) thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Hello :)
    I'm thinking about going to DIT Aungier street this September and I don't really know much about it. Was just wondering if anyone could tell me about their experience.
    anything from the societies and clubs, making friends, the nightlife, freshers week, events or just any general banter. Any information would be really helpful :) thanks!

With everything what you put into it is what you get out of it.

Almost all sports clubs and societies are good craic with a decent bunch of people and good events but if you don't join one and get involved you will miss out on it. But you have to join and get involved. By the way if you want to try a new sport (or not so new if you have done it before) Shotokan Karate is the way to go. Of course I'm biased :):). In all seriousness there are 41 sports clubs and god knows how many societies so make sure to join something thats fun. It really takes the stress out of college to have somewhere to go that you enjoy a couple of times a week

Some sports clubs and societies are based in Grangegorman or Bolton street or Larkin college and that can be annoying if you want to join something because it is an annoying commute.

Nightlift as in organised events aren't great to be honest, that said there is nothing stopping you grabbing your friends and going to any nearby pub or club for a night out. You are in Dublin city centre there are great options. Most clubs and socs have their own events which are pretty good as well if you are a member.

Any specific questions I'll try to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Trinner

I had a few lectures in Aungier St, it was good fun but I was mostly based with the guys in Bolton St. There can be great nights out in Aungier, everything pubbing wise is on your door step!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

Auinger street is probably the best campus

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

With everything what you put into it is what you get out of it.

Almost all sports clubs and societies are good craic with a decent bunch of people and good events but if you don't join one and get involved you will miss out on it. But you have to join and get involved. By the way if you want to try a new sport (or not so new if you have done it before) Shotokan Karate is the way to go. Of course I'm biased :):). In all seriousness there are 41 sports clubs and god knows how many societies so make sure to join something thats fun. It really takes the stress out of college to have somewhere to go that you enjoy a couple of times a week

Some sports clubs and societies are based in Grangegorman or Bolton street or Larkin college and that can be annoying if you want to join something because it is an annoying commute.

Nightlift as in organised events aren't great to be honest, that said there is nothing stopping you grabbing your friends and going to any nearby pub or club for a night out. You are in Dublin city centre there are great options. Most clubs and socs have their own events which are pretty good as well if you are a member.

Any specific questions I'll try to answer.

Im just curious why so many people complaining that theres no social nights for DIT an stuff but when i looked at the event list on the app for all 2013 they had lots of socials and events planned ??? Esp for freshers week ??? So whats the deal there , do most the student just not show up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Im just curious why so many people complaining that theres no social nights for DIT an stuff but when i looked at the event list on the app for all 2013 they had lots of socials and events planned ??? Esp for freshers week ??? So whats the deal there , do most the student just not show up

It was kind of like that before but this year there were plenty of social nights, we had a new VP for Events, Will Meara, and he put loads in to sorting this out. He's been reelected for another year too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ebjarrell

Will almost went overboard this past year with events. I got Facebook notifications probably twice a week or more for events. DIT is definitely good to go for events and social gatherings.

ebjarrell wrote: »
    Will almost went overboard this past year with events. I got Facebook notifications probably twice a week or more for events. DIT is definitely good to go for events and social gatherings.

Awesome !!! Was der a good turn out at the socials ? Im bot on fb is there any other way to get the info email or anything ?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ebjarrell

Awesome !!! Was der a good turn out at the socials ? Im bot on fb is there any other way to get the info email or anything ?

I'm not sure how the events were. I'm a mature student with three kids so I was always at home. I think the events are posted somewhere besides Facebook but I'm not sure. I don't really remember getting any invitations in my student email.

Dose there be any ladies hovering around the kevin street campus ? Hope im not gonna be at a sausage fest for 3 years that would be terrible

Advertisement