Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭razor_ryan

Here's what the Card looks like

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭razor_ryan

Ryanair News

News Release
    Ryanair Launches Ireland's First Prepaid Mastercard

Ryanair, Europe’s largest low fares, airline today (24th Nov) launched Ireland’s first prepaid MasterCard service which will allow users to make purchases in shops, restaurants and online. The programme, which is unlike other prepaid services which are limited to online use, is in partnership with MCube Media.The card does not require credit checks or even a bank account and those who sign up will receive four free Ryanair flights as a well as a host of online discounts and cash back offers.

Ryanair Prepay, which costs €85 and attracts a reduced stamp duty rate of just €10 (compared to €30 for traditional MasterCard and Credit card products), allows users to place cash on their MasterCard through An Post, online or via mobile phone. The card is ideal for those who wish to have the flexibility and convenience of a credit card but don’t want, or can not access a traditional credit card.

Ryanair’s Sinead Finn said:

“Ryanair revolutionised the way people purchase airfares with 95% of our guaranteed lowest airfare purchased online. However, we recognise that not everyone wants, can get access to, or trusts themselves with a credit card. Today we launch Ireland’s first ever prepaid MasterCard programme. Our new MasterCard will allow everyone to carry a card which is accepted not only online, but also for traditional purchases in shops and restaurants. The application process is simple, the fees and charges are clear and for a new customers can pick up four free flights and a host of other great discounts and benefits by taking advantage of this service.

The Ryanair prepaid MasterCard gives customers a fantastic opportunity to own a MasterCard without credit checks or even having a bank account. It is ideal for those who want to control their finances, or who want to provide a loved one with a MasterCard which they can control. Best of all – it will allow more people to access Ryanair’s guaranteed lowest airfares without having to ask friends or family for use of their card!”

CEO of M-Cube, Mr. Mashallah H.M.Ali comments:

“Throughout the current financial struggle, consumers are noticeably feeling the pinch and are of course very cautious of spending.

“The membership portal can be utilised to manage personal spending budgets conveniently; with points and rewards easily accessible via the personal member pages. We’re confident this new product will really make a difference to many people’s shopping habits.”

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

razor_ryan wrote: »
    I don't have a link but have a letter from Newcastle Building Society stating that as the Card Issuer they have taken the decision to withdraw all prepaid cards that are managed by program manager M-Cube Media The Closure of this service includes the Ryanair Prepaid Mastercard

Plenty of cards still out there from Newcastle BS that are not linked to M-Cube (Moneybookers.com).Interesting there is nothing online about this announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Plenty of cards still out there from Newcastle BS that are not linked to M-Cube (Moneybookers.com).Interesting there is nothing online about this announcement.

And the Dublin City Gift Card. Costs nothing and totally free to use, including transferring unused funds onto a new card. Thought it was gone too, but the machines were just down for a couple of days. Bought a Ryanair admin fee-free flight today to celebrate :D

You can pick them up in Ticketmaster in Jervis Street and St Stephen's Green Shopping Centres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭MCMLXXXIII

Ryanair wants these seats, as mentioned in this article!!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭wookiesleep

As a word of warning to anyone thinking of buying ryanair vouchers to bypass their admin fees id like to share my experience. Ive gone past the angry phase into one of almost admiration at the way their system is designed to maximise the amount of money they take from their customers.

I bought 300 euros worth of vouchers to pay for a return flight for two. The one oversight and a major one on my part is the rule that states you can only use 4 vouchers on any booking. This is a total of 200 euros max that you can spend, the remainder would have to be paid by card, admin fees added on :(

I had no money in my bank account following the purchase of the vouchers. This turned me to the idea of buying two seperate
    journeys out and back. This also is a dead end though for two reasons.

1) Even when I try to book the outward flight, I get an error message on the last page, An error condition exists which is preventing you from continuing. You may wish to start over and try again.
    If you continue to get this error message, please contact the airline.

2) Another factor of the rules in relation to vouchers is that they can only be used in the currency of issue (euro), this means
    that I cannot use them for the flight back from stockholm as the site defaults to swedish currency (no way to select euro)

All in all ryanair have me by the balls, only way I get it sorted is by phoning the ryanair helpline paying so far 15 euros for the pleasure, and ill have to pay the admin fees anyway. Oh also if you use ryanair vouchers you wont get a refund on the balance or be able to use it for additional flights.

All in all, the risk involved in using these vouchers is not worth the possible savings. Congrats to ryanair, enjoy my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

Is anyone else having trouble checking in online tonight? Ive tried all options on firefox and explorer to no avail :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

snowey07 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having trouble checking in online tonight? Ive tried all options on firefox and explorer to no avail :(

I'm in no problem. Happened me the other night thought. Turned out it was my VPN which fools sites into thinking I'm in the UK and for some reason it just wouldn't work on Ryanair. It was fine once I switched it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Does anyone know when Ryanairs new schedule goes on sale.I checked the timetable page but it doesnt give a date for Dublin to Reus. I'll be going twice , June and August so I need to get the flights as cheap as I can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

@Karen23 - Based on past experience, Ryanair don't tend to advertise Summer flights until around December.

But while they're usually a reasonable price, they have a tendency to go up rapidly, then suddenly drop - and you can be really caught out! For instance, last year Dublin to Bergamo worked out at approx €140 return. This jumped to €200, then €300 then €400 - before dropping to €80 after the ash crisis! There's no way of knowing which way it's going to go from one week to the next, but I'd safely bet that you should wait until around March/April before booking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Kelle, i agree. ash crisis apart this can happen but not always.

In the winter Ryanair assume all summer flights will be busy and do not always offer really cheap fares. 2010 was one summer where great value came up in May (or so) because of low take up.

But karen 23, if the flights are reasonable, and you have dates in mind
    then go for them. You need not torture yourself if they go down a bit, doesnt always happen anyway.

Rugbyman

rugbyman wrote: »
    Kelle, i agree. ash crisis apart this can happen but not always.

In the winter Ryanair assume all summer flights will be busy and do not always offer really cheap fares. 2010 was one summer where great value came up in May (or so) because of low take up.

But karen 23, if the flights are reasonable, and you have dates in mind
    then go for them. You need not torture yourself if they go down a bit, doesnt always happen anyway.

Rugbyman

I agree, you're better to book them then forget about them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

No sign of them going on sale yet even though Aer Lingus have released their new schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Booking flights with ryanair is like gambling.

padocon wrote: »
    Booking flights with ryanair is like gambling.

So true, I got badly caught out this Summer as I had to book 5 passengers (2Ad 3Ch) - but again better off never to check after booking!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭trellheim

Warning : Online Checkin deadline has worsened to 4 hours prior . You have been warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

trellheim wrote: »
    Warning : Online Checkin deadline has worsened to 4 hours prior . You have been warned.
    As in you can only check in upto 4 hours before? I thought that was always the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

axer wrote: »
    As in you can only check in upto 4 hours before? I thought that was always the case?

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,970 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

This is referring to the reprint of your boarding pass has moved from 40mins before to 4 hours before.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

This is referring to the reprint of your boarding pass has moved from 40mins before to 4 hours before.
    Sneaky! I wonder how this will work for people whose boarding cards wont scan at security. They are usually advised to go to the Ryanair desk for an foc reprint.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

is it true that you can travel to the uk with a garda id ??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

A V A wrote: »
    is it true that you can travel to the uk with a garda id ??

Does look like it, read here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

ah so it is true :)

cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

cheers for that

it doesnt say garda card on there anywhere, AFAIK you can't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

cheers for that

How do you get that??
    In order to ensure compliance, passengers should carry a valid passport (and visa if applicable) or EU/EEA government issued national identification card on all journeys. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of breach of these requirements shall be paid by or charged to you.

Ryanair does NOT accept driver licences, residence cards, family books, seaman books, military ID cards etc. Expired or damaged forms of photo-id will not be accepted on any flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Ryanair allow travel with a passport or National ID Card only.

(so not with a Garda ID).

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭clive_odonohoe

Is anyone aware if you can use your iPhone to display your boarding pass like through an app of some kind, instead of using the paper boarding pass.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Is anyone aware if you can use your iPhone to display your boarding pass like through an app of some kind, instead of using the paper boarding pass.

Thanks

No, they need to take a part off. Unless you want to leave them the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I doubt it. It needs to get scanned going through security

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Thanks

Not unless you want them to tear your iPhone in two.

Advertisement