Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT question

Options
  • 18-01-2008 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hi I am trying to sell my car privately, its due its NCT soon but has a crack up the right side of the windscreen, would this be tolerated by those NCT folk. Also it has slight damage to the bumper on the rear of the vehicle. I've been looking everywhere for info on the specifics of what they look for but, they all seem very vague to me. Hope someone out there can help!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Leave the bumper alone provided it's definiely just cosmetic.

I have a feeling the windcreen might be okay if it's well out of the line of vision. It'll only cost €200 to replace if you're not insured for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

epopnomis wrote: »
    Hi I am trying to sell my car privately, its due its NCT soon but has a crack up the right side of the windscreen, would this be tolerated by those NCT folk. Also it has slight damage to the bumper on the rear of the vehicle. I've been looking everywhere for info on the specifics of what they look for but, they all seem very vague to me. Hope someone out there can help!!!!!

As as the window crack doesnt obstruct your view or take away from the integrity of the windshield its fine. From the sounds of it, that crack is just going to grow and grow

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Yeah 200 quid is a tad steep since I'm trying to shift the car for 400 or so. Cheers for the advice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Yeah the crack started at the bottom about a year ago and has progressively climbed up the windscreen to the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

epopnomis wrote: »
    crack started at the bottom

CHA-CHING €€€€€

• Advertisement
Advertisement