Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bad driving = bad crashes (Viewer Discretion Advised)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

cormie wrote: »
    Just run away after being responsible for a bus full of passengers:mad:
    I've very surprised this kind of thing doesn't happen more in Ireland. I can't tell if the bus actually hits the car and pushes it or if the driver is completely oblivious to what's going on behind him. I would suspect the latter.
    The biker has the green light!
    He was ridiculously lucky. The force of the impact threw him straight in the air which meant that by the time he came down there was a bonnet to break his fall. If he had been thrown forwards, he would probably have ended up against a wall or a pole and if he had been thrown sideways, he may have been crushed between the car and the wall.
    I can't tell if he lost his helmet in the impact. The car driver was probably changing their radio station - there's very little reaction from them and they hit the wall anyway.
    Wheel on left hand side so unless it's an import car, the car driver is undertaking the biker. I wonder, had the car turned towards the biker instead of away, would he have had the angle to avoid him?
    Both at fault here tbh. If you look at the far side of the road, the traffic appears to be park in the opposite direction. The biker was all over the place, but the car driver was too quick to go for the undertake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Maybe I'm seeing it wrong but in the bus accident, the bus driver is more at fault. He could have slowed down but chose to overtake, making a sudden move in the wet and bang.

Sure the guy in the yellow car instigated it but a little less over-reaction/rage probably would have prevented the actual crash. Or so it appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

Disturbed by them! Esp the 2nd one...i was sure it was just a rag doll until i saw him/her moving after! ow! Something (although not as bad) similar happened my bf on his scooter in Dublin city centre a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Mena wrote: »
    Maybe I'm seeing it wrong but in the bus accident, the bus driver is more at fault. He could have slowed down but chose to overtake, making a sudden move in the wet and bang.

Sure the guy in the yellow car instigated it but a little less over-reaction/rage probably would have prevented the actual crash. Or so it appears.

I don't know, to me it looks like he could have been braking hard and flashing for the guy to get out of the way because he knew he wasn't going to slow down on time and as a last resource he went to overtake. The bus driver could have handled it better by moving gradually out the second he knew the yellow car was coming out, but the yellow car is very much at fault too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,913 ✭✭✭✭Stark

seamus wrote: »
    I've very surprised this kind of thing doesn't happen more in Ireland. I can't tell if the bus actually hits the car and pushes it or if the driver is completely oblivious to what's going on behind him. I would suspect the latter.

Yeah from what it looks like, the car driver was completely oblivious. No reaction whatsoever, bar a bit of weaving but it appears the driver was just driving like that anyway judging from later in the video. No contact made between the car and the bus either. Driver could have been pissed. The bus should have just rear ended the dick imo. It warms my heart to think that these people probably don't appear in crash statistics/insurance data either (since they're not actually involved in collisions but cause other people to be involved in them).

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Wheel on left hand side so unless it's an import car, the car driver is undertaking the biker. I wonder, had the car turned towards the biker instead of away, would he have had the angle to avoid him?
    Completely the bikers fault. The bike veered to their right, without ever looking behind.

the_syco wrote: »
    Completely the bikers fault. The bike veered to their right, without ever looking behind.

I'm not saying it's not :D But in all but the traffic light one, I think all drivers had some responsibility for the outcome.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I think they are all drunk in vid number 3.
    At the very beginning a guy walks infront of a bus and the driver has to make a slight adjustment ,then just as the accident happens watch in the background a guy steps off a pathway and almost falls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

Good point but I think that the car pulled out in front of the bus, the bus slammed on the anchors, nothing happened (wet conditions) heading for the back of the Tool's car, flashing lights to get out of the way, then, (I think) in an effort to avoid the car veered to his left and the rest is history. One thing though, the kph indicator on the cctv screen indicated that the car was travelling @ 57 t0 59 kph. (I think). Thats quite slow. No wonder the bus couldn't stop.

cashmni1 wrote: »
    One thing though, the kph indicator on the cctv screen indicated that the car was travelling @ 57 t0 59 kph. (I think). Thats quite slow. No wonder the bus couldn't stop.

Gay Byrne would be proud.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

the_syco wrote: »

yep, doesnt look like the car changes speed, already booting it along when the bike swung out in the first place

looks like he got a nasty bit of road rash on his face :eek:

Doesn't look like the car made any attempt to brake either, and in fact looks like it sped up slightly when the biker pulled out in front of him. Still agree it was the biker's fault though, the guy seemed completely oblivious to anything around him.

As cormie says, it looks to me like the bus jammed on as soon as your man pulled out. When the bus saw he was just sliding*, he flashed the guy to get out of the way/speed up and when he eventually realised he was going to hit him, he veered to the left.

*The momentum of a full bus or a truck is not to be underestimated. Particularly with wet roads, they will slide far further than a car. Maybe he should have hit the car, but as we see from the results, the bus had a serious amount of momentum still in it. The driver may have thought that hitting the car would definitely crush it and kill the driver, whereas if he swerved, he might be ok.
    From speaking to guys I know who drive/have driven trucks, the difference in weight is scary. When you first hit the pedal, it doesn't feel like anything's happening.
    Doesn't look like the car made any attempt to brake either, and in fact looks like it sped up slightly when the biker pulled out in front of him. Still agree it was the biker's fault though, the guy seemed completely oblivious to anything around him.
    Indeed, I would definitely lay blame 100% at the biker's feet, but the car driver hopefully learned a valuable lesson to observe unpredictable road users before trying to get around them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Video 3 "left hand side", "import car"
    DOES IT LOOK LIKE THIS IS HAPPENING IN IRELAND??

mick.fr wrote: »
    Nah, judging by the clothes and lack of helmet on the motorcyclist, I'd say it's somewhere warmer.

mick.fr wrote: »

No, I'm just saying it's most definitely undertaking unless it just so happens to be in a country where they drive on the left and the driver of the car is driving an import car :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭nytraveller

No, I'm just saying it's most definitely undertaking unless it just so happens to be in a country where they drive on the left and the driver of the car is driving an import car :)

or a country where undertaking is not an offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

In the third one, I think that it may be a one way street, hence the LHD car on the left of the road.

The first and second videos are terrible, especially the guy being thrown into the air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I think it would make a great show tbh, footage of idiot drivers on Irish roads, once they have the cameras set up I'd say everyone would watch it. Any time I travel I see plenty of bad and inconsiderate driving but they should name and shame and leave the number plates visible for all to see, I honestly think it would help reduce the number of accidents and make good entertainment too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

That guy on the bike in the 3rd video is a complete idiot. I would have no sympathy if he had died.

• Advertisement
Advertisement