Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renault Megane: Authentique v Dynamique?

• 18-01-2008 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm about to buy a 04 Renault Megane and am wondering if the only difference between the Authentiqu & Dynamique is in the spec eg wipers, ac and so on. The cars I'm viewing have a 2k price difference but are the same year, mileage and so on, the Dynamique being the more expensive one. Is this reasonable? How much more should you pay for a Dynamique?

Megane Authentique versus Dynamique 1 vote

Which car is better?
    0% 0 votes
    Value of each car?
    100% 1 vote
    Worth buying?
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

There's lots more bells & whistles on the Dynamique, so you're much better off with the higher spec....

However, there wan't much more than €2k between the 2 specs when the cars where new, so the difference should be much less now - a few hundred at most.. or in reality zero difference. Higher spec should make a 4 year old Renault easier to sell, but it's not worth a €2k premium - you'll only lose it when you try to sell on.

So, get the difference down from €2000 to €200 and it makes more sense.

My tuppence worth anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

Actually, per Renault's website, brand new prices are as follows:

Authentique 1.4 16V - 5 Door € 20,650
    Dynamique 1.4 16V - 5 Door € 22,700

So your €2k premium is the same as if the car was new. Bad deal by any stretch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭plissken

The dynamique model has many many more extras compared to the authentque model, of the top of my head.

ac
    16 inch alloy wheels
    colour coded electric heated mirrors
    electric rear windows
    cooled glove box
    cruise control
    automatic head lights and wipers
    chrome door handles
    ZV Yoda wrote: »

So, get the difference down from €2000 to €200 and it makes more sense.

OP if you like the megane i would be prepared to spend at least an extra 1000-1250 on getting the higher spec as all of these extras are really worth a hell of a lot more than 200 euros a set of crappy halfrauds alloys would set you back 500 euro's alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

plissken wrote: »

OP if you like the megane i would be prepared to spend at least an extra 1000-1250 on getting the higher spec as all of these extras are really worth a hell of a lot more than 200 euros a set of crappy halfrauds alloys would set you back 500 euro's alone.

I agree, 2 grand may be a bit much but the dynamique is nice, I drove a 05 1.6 dynamique for 2 years, good solid car, all the bits are nice but 2 grand? Eh, I wouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,296 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Dynamique has the best spec but no way in hell would it carry a €2k premium on a used Megane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Yeah, the initial price difference i spec on any standard make or model of car is not going to hold for its life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

OP, not sure the poll worked out quite the way you intended... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I wouldn't pay more than €8.5k retail for an 04 Megane Dynamique. they are sale-proof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭junkyard

They're far better cars out there than Renaults anyway, it's your money at the end of the day.

Advertisement