Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone do this every day?

Options
  • 18-01-2008 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,791 ✭✭✭✭

I had to be on James' street, Dublin by 8am on Wednesday morning with a pick up from Bray so I thought I'd be fine leaving Bray (north) between 7 and 7.15, I left at 7.15 and didn't arrive on James' street till 8.45! Madness. Surrounded by a million cars with only 1 person in them. Does anyone here actually do that trip every day and whyyyy? Is the comfort of your car really that important?

Here's an appropriate picture to go with it:
    26080732636761.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Do you have a bigger version of that picture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

My aunt's husband travels from Kilmacanogue to Baggot St every day. It takes him roughly 2 hours to get there and he leaves at half 6 in the morning :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,931 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

And how many people were in your van? Maybe you could offer a bus-in-courier-out service, where you carry passengers when you when you don't have a load? :D

But seriously, some people use their cars when they'd be better off using public transport, and some people need their cars.

Sales people, reps, and all kinds of other jobs, might need to drive to work as they'll need to drive to clients later in the day.

Other people might need the car to go somewhere other than home after work that public transport doesn't suit.

And then there's those who just don't like sharing their space with people in close proximity.

But all in all, you're right. When I lived in Dublin, I never drove to work -2 buses and the bit of a walk made much more sense than sitting in traffic. Now that I live in the West, I have no choice but to drive alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,791 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Do you have a bigger version of that picture?

added :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

stepbar wrote: »
    My aunt's husband travels from Kilmacanogue to Baggot St every day. It takes him roughly 2 hours to get there and he leaves at half 6 in the morning :eek:
    145 bus ftw! Goes from Kilmacanogue along the N11, a stones throw away from Baggot St. Goes very regularly .. every 15-20 mins at that time of the day, and would probably take a good bit less than 2 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

cool ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

It´s just much safer to use car than public transport, you do not have to meet scum that smoke weed in the back of the bus, insult immigrants (like me) or be afraid in the night when getting a bus.

Not to mention timesave, good luck taking a bus from Celbridge to Dublin 15 everyday, takes forever.

So why in earth use bus if you got money for car?

Only time I use bus is when I go to city for couple pints during the day, that´s it.

So yes, car is really important to have, that´s the way it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Alun wrote: »
    145 bus ftw! Goes from Kilmacanogue along the N11, a stones throw away from Baggot St. Goes very regularly .. every 15-20 mins at that time of the day, and would probably take a good bit less than 2 hours.

Bus would be no good to him, he could be out of the office for half the day at least 2-3 times a week.

Advertisement