Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E46 320d - Current Rate v's Post June Rate

• 18-01-2008 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

I have trawled search but couldn't find a definate answer. Will the E43 320d 3 Series be changing to 24%, 20% or 16% of the value of the car when the new changes come into play?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,736 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Bendihorse wrote: »
    I have trawled search but couldn't find a definate answer. Will the E43 320d 3 Series be changing to 24%, 20% or 16% of the value of the car when the new changes come into play?

It will go down from 30% to 16%. Annual tax will go down from €588 to €140. See the sticky and browse to the BMW excel spreadsheet in E92s post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Thanks Unkel, im of the lady variety so i dont really get all the numbers and bands etc :)

What is the Co2 Emmissions rating per gram on the E36 320d? I can find the figures for a new 320d but am finding varying figures for the older model...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭O7Pat

unkel wrote: »
    It will go down from 30% to 16%. Annual tax will go down from €588 to €140. See the sticky and browse to the BMW excel spreadsheet in E92s post

Unkel is this not for the e90 model ? The e46 320d is 153g co2 so will be 20% vrt (maual ) and €290 tax.

Bendihorse - this is if you import one - ie registered for first time in Ireland after July 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Thanks Pat, thats what i was trying to acertain, what im set to loose between now and June. The car is currently in the country but off the road.

A drop from 30% to 20% i can live with but 30% to 16% i cant - if that was the case then car would have to stay in the shed until June.

From what i can see on internet and from your information, the E46 will be 20% VRT after June so ill tell himself to go ahead, clear it and stop takin my mini on me all the time!! :)

• Advertisement

Bendihorse wrote: »
    Thanks Pat, thats what i was trying to acertain, what im set to loose between now and June. The car is currently in the country but off the road.

A drop from 30% to 20% i can live with but 30% to 16% i cant - if that was the case then car would have to stay in the shed until June.

From what i can see on internet and from your information, the E46 will be 20% VRT after June so ill tell himself to go ahead, clear it and stop takin my mini on me all the time!! :)

Its a tough one to call alright - depends what the 1/3 drop in vrt is actually costing you --> year of the car etc,

Year of the car might also have an effect in the future -- impossible to say how many of the that year car will be imported after July and thus what ur (significant others) car will be competing against for future purchasers.

As the car gets older and is changing hands for smaller amounts of money the difference between €290 tax and €530(annual) - €599* (by installments) may have a big influence on potential purchasers

*current - these go up by 11%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Lads, 128 g/km is only for E90s with EfficientDynamics!

The OP is talking about the E46, a completely different car!

I think an E46 320d does 151 g/km or something similar, so 20% VRT and €290 tax in July!

O7Pat wrote: »
    Unkel is this not for the e90 model ? The e46 320d is 153g co2 so will be 20% vrt (maual ) and €290 tax.

Bendihorse - this is if you import one - ie registered for first time in Ireland after July 1.

Know I am doing someit rite when I get the same answers as e92 :):)

Advertisement