Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dating again after a break up?

Options
  • 02-07-2015 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I am just feeling quite confused and I thought I could get some advice. Last year I was dating a woman for like 6 months. I fell in love with her, completely, but she never loved me back (she was fair and told me all the time that she was not ready) but we kept seeing each other.

In January she broke up with me because she didn't love me, but after that we have meet a few times and we have been very, very close.

I have always told her that I would like another chance for us but she said she cannot be with me, however we still have that strong bond. Stupid, I know, but I love her.

Last month I met another woman and I like her a lot and we have planned to spend this weekend together. The problem is that yesterday I met the other girl again and although things are much easier for me now, I still love her and she shows interest towards me. I told her that I had planned a weekend out and she doesn't want to interfere, but I know she is not ok with it.

I think we are never going to be together and don't want to ruin the chance of losing the new woman over this because I like her.

I do not really know what to do, forget completely about the first woman or wait for a second chance?

Thank you everyone

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

You need to break contact with the ex to allow yourself forget snout her. You also need to finish with the new girl as it's not fair leading her on when you feel like this about someone else. Just take time for yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The person this is really unfair on is the second lady. Having been the second lady in a relationship I'm telling you not to put someone through that it's completely selfish. Whoever you choose, make a choice and don't drag an innocent girl into a love triangle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Op I agree with the other posters - break up with the second woman, you just aren't being fair. As for the first one - well that's up to you. But how long are you prepared to wait for someone that already said she doesn't love you. Life is passing you by!

Thank you everyone,

I guess I am just confused but I have always been honest with both of them and they know everything. I guess that I cannot see the big picture here but I believe all of you are right.

I have made my choice, I need time for myself.

Thank you

Well, I have talked to both of them now. Thanks again, I hope I am doing the right thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement