Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed Undergraduate thesis

Options
  • 08-06-2015 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Hi I just received the news that I failed my undergraduate thesis in Waterford IT. I got a grade of 30%. I cannot seem to contact my supervisor or anyone else to advise me on what to do next.
    Has anyone any idea whether I will have to repeat the entire year or whether I can do some work in the summer to achieve a pass. Any information would be greatly appreciated. It's worth 10 credits and I can compensate with one 10 credit module. If I managed to receive an additional 5% during the appeal which I'm sure is highly unlikely.

Any input is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭invara

Sorry to hear of your troubles. If it was your first attempt, you get another attempt- as a repeat just like you would for any other module.

You should be able to compensate a 10 credit module, once you have not used up your compensation elsewhere. Some programmes might have special rules about not compensating your dissertation (usually tied to professional accreditation).

http://www.wit.ie/current_students/student_affairs/frequently_asked_questions#tab=panel-3

You only got your results yesterday, so it can take time for course directors or supervisors to respond to emails. Some schools have their school reviews going on this week and many academics are travelling for conferences and research. The first port of call is your school administration office- they will know the whereabouts of your course director/lecturer.

Advertisement