Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friendship with an ex?

Options
  • 01-07-2015 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

My ex and I were together on/off for 8 years, since we were 16. In those years there was a lot of ups and downs. We have been through so much together, Id say nearly more than some married couples. He is the person I trust the most after my mum and can talk to him about ANYTHING. We just don’t work in a relationship due to trust issues and constant arguments. We have both moved on and have recently started talking again and even talking about people we have seen and have decided to meet up and try build a friendship, to at least salvage something after 8 years. Has anyone else developed a friendship with an ex and it turned out ok or does this sound mad? All new to me so just looking for guidance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Can be done, providing both have no other expectations or motives other than friendship. Friendships normally occur after some length of time apart when there is a lot of water under the bridge and both have moved forward in life and miss the person as a friend and not as someone to win back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Banaba

The relationship kind of fizzled about a year ago. We are both on the same page as friends, he is seeing someone else and I don't want a relationship with him but still want him in my life so

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Mod Note
    Hi OP

you've opened a number of threads now in quick succession. Per our charter posters are asked not to do this.
    Please give it some time before you open more threads.

Closing this thread now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement