Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet provider in dublin?

Options
  • 11-05-2015 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Forgive me for me ignorance for a start. Im well able to use the internet but the techicalities behind the scenes, im clueless. Its either fast r its slow wit me.

Ive been using my mothers upc internet for years but about to move into my own home so hav to choose a provider. & ive been with sky tv for yrs but cut them off as thinking on getting one of those boxes (not sure of name of them?), so internet has become v important.

Eircom seem to have had a bad rap over the years but their recent packages & promises of late boast to b as good as upc's with their no congestion promise, efibre etc... & i like their tv interface better than upc's. But i dont like their 18 mnth contract.

Digiweb was another ive seen. Im about to call & c wat their offer is.

Tbh i hate longterm contracts but at the same time if theyre good then you shouldnt need to leave them.

Thanks in advance if you take the time to reply to me!!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Are you going to go for a tv and bb package definitely and if so what are you requirements in respect of the tv side of things?

What sort of accommodation are you moving into? House or apartment? If you were moving into a house long term then something like freesat might be worth considering in respect of the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lesr

dub45 wrote: »
    Are you going to go for a tv and bb package definitely and if so what are you requirements in respect of the tv side of things?

What sort of accommodation are you moving into? House or apartment? If you were moving into a house long term then something like freesat might be worth considering in respect of the tv.

Oh ok. I actually havnt a clue how to use this site, must investigate more. I'll hav a look at that freesat. Its a house, & ive discovered we dont hav efibre in the are yet so will b staying away from eircom & digiweb for now. Tnx for that

Advertisement