Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Band 2 what do we do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

This drive is until 2016 they said from the outset, don't think band 2 will ever come into play myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Copaholic

Well it look like recruitment will at least remain constant and possibly increase some extent on the basis that the commissioner says that 500 recruits/yr is needed to carry out correct policing duties in any 24 hr period so the current campaign reaching BAND 2 is still on the table and at this stage looks like only a question of when it will be reached .

A new week, will there be any developments ....

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lesterburnham

I did my interview last week. From my brief chat with those involved in the process, I'm quite confident that Band 2 will get called. There's a certain amount not showing for up for the interview, 250 recruits already required in the next 6 months and considering what the commissioners been saying, its a matter of time. Be patient and it'll happen. Purely my own guess, I'd say more will be called to stage 3 in the next month or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

I did my interview last week. From my brief chat with those involved in the process, I'm quite confident that Band 2 will get called. There's a certain amount not showing for up for the interview, 250 recruits already required in the next 6 months and considering what the commissioners been saying, its a matter of time. Be patient and it'll happen. Purely my own guess, I'd say more will be called to stage 3 in the next month or two.

If they opened up a general campagin again in the morning, I would put my house on it that it wouldnt get near half of applications from the recent drive

Very true about less applying for a new campaign. bearing that in mind I d say that there may be a significant number of no-shows (drops outs) as they go through the numbers especially in the higher numbers as people will have gone off and done different things since hey applied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Copaholic wrote: »
    Very true about less applying for a new campaign. bearing that in mind I d say that there may be a significant number of no-shows (drops outs) as they go through the numbers especially in the higher numbers as people will have gone off and done different things since hey applied.

That coupled by the people who threw in an application for the crack brigade realised it may not be financially the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I think have moved on in my career. Few things for me really, how us Reserves where treated in the campaign and then with how bad the Reserves are managed it has made me wonder if I would really want an employer that can't even get a few volunteers to run steamlessly.

Its true to say that with such a break on recruitment there was sufficient time to get things sorted out properly for reserves which didn't happen and it was a disgrace the way reserves were treated in the current campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

rocky911 wrote: »
    If they opened up a general campagin again in the morning, I would put my house on it that it wouldnt get near half of applications from the recent drive

The recent campaign was basically loads of names put on public jobs over the 5 year break and just piled up..

If they don't open recruitment up to the general public again then a backlog will probably pile up once more..

I always knew the 25,000 application figure was bull**** though:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

carzony wrote: »
    The recent campaign was basically loads of names put on public jobs over the 5 year break and just piled up..

If they don't open recruitment up to the general public again then a backlog will probably pile up once more..

I always knew the 25,000 application figure was bull**** though:)

Only 18,000 of the 25,000 completed stage 1. Of those, less than 13,000 actually passed and made it to stage 2.

Is there a passing out this week? If so will there be any announcement I wonder ?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭madbadger

mycro89 wrote: »
    Is there a passing out this week? If so will there be any announcement I wonder ?
    First intake are passing out today... whether there will be an announcement or not is anyones guess.

madbadger wrote: »
    First intake are passing out today... whether there will be an announcement or not is anyones guess.

How did that go??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

For anyone yet to do an interview i'd suggest taking up gaa.. looking at the garda facebook page a huge precentage of the new recruits seem to play....

carzony wrote: »
    For anyone yet to do an interview i'd suggest taking up gaa.. looking at the garda facebook page a huge precentage of the new recruits seem to play....

What about watching ? !

Also has anyone got any information on this Irish test they run if you ain't got the Irish?

TallGlass wrote: »
    What about watching ? !

Also has anyone got any information on this Irish test they run if you ain't got the Irish?

I'm not feeling confident with band 2 progressing, the longer it goes on the more I feel we were just pushed to the side to become known as the fogotten ones....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭wannabegard

Lads can i just ask a question. I was considering ringing public jobs over it but decided against it because firstly i will get nothing out of them, and secondly i dont want to sound desperate. If y'all (im saying y'all cause im going out with a girl from texas!) remember way back when people did stage 1, they got their 5000 people to go to stage 2. At stage 2 band 1 did another aptitude test and that was narrowed down to 2500. Up until a while ago i was under the impression that the people who didnt pass stage two had failed the recruitment. When I rang Public Jobs to ask about the chances of Band 2 being called the woman on the phone told me that up to 2000 people have gone through the recruitment programme.

By my logic that means that there are 500 recruits left in band 1 which means after this campaign band 2 could be called for stage 2. Do you think that this is correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Lads can i just ask a question. I was considering ringing public jobs over it but decided against it because firstly i will get nothing out of them, and secondly i dont want to sound desperate. If y'all (im saying y'all cause im going out with a girl from texas!) remember way back when people did stage 1, they got their 5000 people to go to stage 2. At stage 2 band 1 did another aptitude test and that was narrowed down to 2500. Up until a while ago i was under the impression that the people who didnt pass stage two had failed the recruitment. When I rang Public Jobs to ask about the chances of Band 2 being called the woman on the phone told me that up to 2000 people have gone through the recruitment programme.

By my logic that means that there are 500 recruits left in band 1 which means after this campaign band 2 could be called for stage 2. Do you think that this is correct?

If you failed a stage you are eliminated. 3,100 passed stage 2 band 1. Of that, people 1-1,800 were called to stage 3. They seem to call people forward in groups of 600 give or take. By my reckoning there is still roughly 1,300 from band 1 who are yet to be called to stage 3. People in band 2 are a long way off in my opinion. If this campaign runs until the end of 2016 then I reckon band 2 will be called.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

redout wrote: »
    If you failed a stage you are eliminated. 3,100 passed stage 2 band 1. Of that, people 1-1,800 were called to stage 3. They seem to call people forward in groups of 600 give or take. By my reckoning there is still roughly 1,300 from band 1 who are yet to be called to stage 3. People in band 2 are a long way off in my opinion. If this campaign runs until the end of 2016 then I reckon band 2 will be called.

Just to correct you on one thing, the last group to get called up for Stage 3 was up as far as 1982, there's 1118 people left in Stage 2 band 1, that includes people who have dropped out or not bothered telling them that they wont be progressing. The next group of 600 to get called for Stage 3 start at 1983

so they could go through a lot more people than they think because of the people who have left the competition or the people who couldnt be bothered anymore.

So i reckon recruits from band 2 would be called for aptitude test this time next year?

Folks, as a Reserve and a person in band 2 waiting like everyone else. Move on with your lives, go college look at other careers, don't put your life on hold for AGS like I foolishly done, via waiting for Reserves, to join the full time etc.. I don't blame AGS it was my own doing (proud of been a Reserve BTW), I am now making up on lost time, college, career etc.. Trying to catch up on starting a career, if you get called you get called and prepare then, don't be worrying yourselves about how long till we are called/if we are called/when the next campaign is/people dropping out etc.. Chances are they don't even know this information.

I am just saying this from experience it will eat you up inside with over-thinking. If its meant to be it will be. :)

Another batch have been called forward it appears, can't be too many more to be called forward from band 1 now....

That good. How many of those won't even bother turning up...

has it been confirmed that the next 600 (1900-2500) have been called recently ?

• Advertisement

has it been confirmed that the next 600 (1900-2500) have been called recently ?

Based on sub forums here, more or less confirmed!

So that means there's about 700 left in band 1. One more wait and I reckon we will be call to stage 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

I ranked 2600's and got email on Fri inviting me to Stage 3 next month

So that means there's about 700 left in band 1. One more wait and I reckon we will be call to stage 2

Well based on what people are posting other places up to and including 3,100 have been called, does that mean they have reached the end of band 1 or Is there more in the band to be called??

Start studying lads...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

I wouldnt be so fast to put up my exact ranking on these forums lads you d never know who is watching,

:)

Danielle d good luck!!

Canyon86 wrote: »
    I wouldnt be so fast to put up my exact ranking on these forums lads you d never know who is watching,

:)

True, but no one has mentioned that you cannot discuss the process or your position in the line. Besides, it's not like there is top class secret information going around ! :cool:

It will all work out,...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ppaddy

Yeah heard today no chance of band 2 being called. In this campaign . Got this from high up the food chain. I'm in band 2 myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 seamen

ppaddy wrote: »
    Yeah heard today no chance of band 2 being called. In this campaign . Got this from high up the food chain. I'm in band 2 myself.

You definitely wont get in if you have conversations with your food.

Ah shur listen, we've heard all of band one wouldn't be called before, And look on, they've all been called....

High up where...cause iv heard from high up also and that's not what I heard?

What ever way you look at it, there are less candidates in front of Us from here on in as I believe the stage 3 has commenced as of yesterday so we are getting closer to a nod to progress as we are next in line.....

Guys can i get your opinion on this. There is a reserve that i know of, who is in Band 3. I am ahead of him in the recruitment list, yet he says he has been called for stage 2. I have no idea if this is a mistake or bull shti but has anyone else heard of something like this happening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

Guys can i get your opinion on this. There is a reserve that i know of, who is in Band 3. I am ahead of him in the recruitment list, yet he says he has been called for stage 2. I have no idea if this is a mistake or bull shti but has anyone else heard of something like this happening?

There may be a possibility if hes in the Irish stream but pretty sure there done with that, my opinion hes just full of sh*t

But he was dead serious!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Did his ears look sore? Maybe he was pulled in

Anyone hear anything???

Anyone hear anything???

No, did you ??

Nada

Nada

Where are you placed ??

6 thousand 3 hundreds

sur that number wont matter if we do stage 2...we will all be rearranged once we do the test

• Advertisement

sur that number wont matter if we do stage 2...we will all be rearranged once we do the test

Are you thinking we are due a call?

Advertisement