Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 MOD POST #1130

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

mike65 wrote: »
    Have to say the the man they call Nicklas Bendtner was really good in a selfless "never likely to score" way.

Even if that is the limits of what he offers, we already have one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Even if that is the limits of what he offers, we already have one of them.

Kuyt is now with Gally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Don't like the home kit myself.

Liked the look of it, tried it on and everything but it's not a patch on adidas.

To each their own chief. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

To each their own chief. ;)

Really wanted to like it too !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Poor Robin Van Persie. He's in the dark place Andy Carroll was in a few months ago. Lets hope he can turn it round like Andy did.
    When did Andy do that?I must have missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

When are we signing Hummels up? Was the best player on the pitch tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Beginning to see why Kess has a man crush on him.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

His man crush ain't a patch on mine :p

Serious?

-Ade- wrote: »
    His man crush ain't a patch on mine :p

Hah!

I really need to broaden my horizons when it comes to soccer. Kinda just focus on premier league or the odd la liga match. Missing out on all these sleeper hits.

• Advertisement

Hah!

I really need to broaden my horizons when it comes to soccer. Kinda just focus on premier league or the odd la liga match. Missing out on all these sleeper hits.

Been supporting Dortmund since 2006 when I was over there for the World Cup. Meant to stay a week, we ended up staying close to three weeks :pac: 10 days of which were in Dortmund. I haven't looked back since then. Can't recommend the Bundesliga enough to anyone :) Personally, I prefer it over the EPL honestly.

-Ade- wrote: »
    Been supporting Dortmund since 2006 when I was over there for the World Cup. Meant to stay a week, we ended up staying close to three weeks :pac: 10 days of which were in Dortmund. I haven't looked back since then. Can't recommend the Bundesliga enough to anyone :) Personally, I prefer it over the EPL honestly.

Ya, I think come the new season I'll start following it.

On a completely random, very random note.......

595658593.jpg?key=960720&Expires=1339277940&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=L6nlLt2gugRhZwnKveGy3X9BLedqX1INhAXQbrUIbRV65uM8H3Hd1L2Wgc-LwaUaHjBfBD88SJhzLRogBFKSZu6obF3iWwwWqIgL3u996-LEKEiVmkFmdzkqeDNWyPunZqvCMmKneNYqMZanJe4QdzABtsm0JO0zu~09mc8lrxw_

Showed up in my Twitter feed. Lost for words....... lol.

Can't decide whether to thank that or not!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Rehersal for the school play?

Christ thats a depressing midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Always like this one

jay-spearing-is-riding-a-snail.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Txiki Begiristain put off of coming to #LFC by committee style structure that fsg want to implement according to the Sunday Mirror

these guys truly know how to bore and micromanage their way towards having nobody left on the lists for positions they want to fill

indeed some are speculating that as Rodgers was one of the last few remaining names on the list they had to cave in on the DoF issue

if these lads were in my poker circle i'd be a millionaire

t this "don't blink until everything is perfect" strategy is really not serving them well especially as they know very little about football and the world and his wife knows this and the world and his wife also knows their background and what they want to implement here so everyone can call their bluff

so no news on new stadium
    no new signings
    no DoF
    no Chief Executive

and Ayre still waffling away and contradicting stuff he said the a week ago, I mean do these guys have any idea what they are doing or are they just making it up as they go along?

luckily for them euro 2012 is diverting a lot of attention away but come on guys, get a move on - your exciting new management strategy can't be that great if everyone is turning us down or you change it on a day to day basis

I have a bad feeling, we'll get a muffled buried announcement in a few weeks with news that all the new positions have been filled with people who were already at the club "we are very excited to announce....after a thorough review......we realised that we already had the best qualified people at the club" = everyone turned us down and we got desperate as time started to run out and so just promoted people already here after countless knockbacks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

...whatever...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

donfers wrote: »

luckily for them euro 2012 is diverting a lot of attention away but come on guys, get a move on - your exciting new management strategy can't be that great if everyone is turning us down or you change it on a day to day basis

I have a bad feeling, we'll get a muffled buried announcement in a few weeks with news that all the new positions have been filled with people who were already at the club "we are very excited to announce....after a thorough review......we realised that we already had the best qualified people at the club" = everyone turned us down and we got desperate as time started to run out and so just promoted people already here after countless knockbacks

Sounds like the Top Brass where I work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Did anyone hear anything about Daniel Sturridge being linked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

amiable wrote: »

A striker is definitely on the cards this summer with Dirk Kuyt gone now. Sturridge has been linked before and would be a good buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

amiable wrote: »
    A striker is definitely on the cards this summer with Dirk Kuyt gone now. Sturridge has been linked before and would be a good buy.

And he won't be getting much game time with Hazard and Hulk there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

aaronh007 wrote: »
    And he won't be getting much game time with Hazard and Hulk there.

A lot will depend on who is the manager of Chelsea next season. We desperately need a finisher in the team and Sturridge would be great. Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

I don't think Sturridge is the finisher we've all been hoping for. Good player but not an out & out finisher- id say he's more of a Suarez type player without the dynamics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Sturridge is a terribly selfish player and got very predictable very quickly. Gets the ball, runs with it and shoots. And that shooting is from anywhere.

Seems to have an attitude as well. And is all about the money.

No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Sturridge is a terribly selfish player and got very predictable very quickly. Gets the ball, runs with it and shoots. And that shooting is from anywhere.

No thanks.

I heard he's been getting some very bad advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

donfers wrote: »
    Txiki Begiristain put off of coming to #LFC by committee style structure that fsg want to implement according to the Sunday Mirror

these guys truly know how to bore and micromanage their way towards having nobody left on the lists for positions they want to fill

indeed some are speculating that as Rodgers was one of the last few remaining names on the list they had to cave in on the DoF issue

if these lads were in my poker circle i'd be a millionaire

t this "don't blink until everything is perfect" strategy is really not serving them well especially as they know very little about football and the world and his wife knows this and the world and his wife also knows their background and what they want to implement here so everyone can call their bluff

so no news on new stadium
    no new signings
    no DoF
    no Chief Executive

and Ayre still waffling away and contradicting stuff he said the a week ago, I mean do these guys have any idea what they are doing or are they just making it up as they go along?

mike65 wrote: »
    ...whatever...

Why is it " whatever" ??

I think donfers could be closer to the truth than we think .
    The owners have proven to be very reactive in the past and who is to say that Rodgers was near the end of the list of candidates so they reacted again by hiring him and having to reshuffle the "almighty" master plan to get him.

And until there are two or three more announcements/appointments then Ayres recent statements are pure waffle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Don't like the home kit myself.

Liked the look of it, tried it on and everything but it's not a patch on adidas.

+1 really disappointed with the home jersey, got mine from the club website, sizes different to Adidas, quality not in the jersey. You can hold it up to the light and see straight through it, had to send mine back to the club shop to get the size changed which cost another €25 for postage and processing fee :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Funny thing is that last night was not even one of his more outstanding performances.

Boom_Bap wrote: »

No thanks.

People used to complain about Baros being that kind of player at Liverpool, would hate to see Sturridge arrive as he is even more of a me fein type player than Baros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Kess73 wrote: »
    People used to complain about Baros being that kind of player at Liverpool, would hate to see Sturridge arrive as he is even more of a me fein type player than Baros.

Absolutely.

It`s a bit worrying to see some of the players we`re being linked with...Sturridge...Adam johnson (I`m just not sure about him) but I suppose this is where we are these days :(

Most of it is probably just "news"paper crap anyway...

Johnson would be a good buy FOR THE RIGHT MONEY ONLY. I'd be really pissed off if we shell out 15+ million on him and have our pants pulled down buying another "proven" English talent. He has proven little imo. I'd take him as he's certainly a huge improvement on the width we have, 10 million or so, and you could argue that figure is too high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Funny thing is that last night was not even one of his more outstanding performances.

He is much better when he plays for Borussia Dortmund (where he will stay, btw :)), but he was vital for the German defense last night.

• Advertisement

Lars1916 wrote: »
    He is much better when he plays for Borussia Dortmund (where he will stay, btw :)), but he was vital for the German defense last night.

He was good last night, but he did look nervous or something at times. He is indeed imperious at club level. I think it says a hell of a lot about how good a player and defender he is that last night's performance can be seen as a somewhat below par performance (by the high standards he has set over the past few seasons)

I agree that he will most likely stay at Dortmund this season, but I do think that if there was to be a move this summer that United may be where he ends up :(. No chance at all of Liverpool getting him though. The only chance of that was, imho, back when I was raving about him as a quality 20/21 year old along with Subotic. Once he won his first league title with Dortmund I think our chances of him, if they were there at all, lessened dramatically, and when he won his second title those chances became zero imho.

I don't think there is a single Liverpool fan (outside of RAWK) who thinks we'd have a chance in hell of signing him. My post about getting Hummels was tongue in cheek.

I don't think there is a single Liverpool fan (outside of RAWK) who thinks we'd have a chance in hell of signing him. My post about getting Hummels was tongue in cheek.

I know. I think Lars was saying that Hummels will stay at Dortmund rather than go to United as I had mentioned, in another thread and some time back in the old LFC superthread, a radio report from Germany that said about two months that United were after Kagawa, Hummels and Lewandowski, all of whom play for Dortmund.

Since that report came out United have gotten Kagawa, and this week were rumoured to be close to getting Lewandowski. So I had mused that maybe there was something in the radio report after all.

I know you know. Or knew. You know what i mean :)

I know you know. Or knew. You know what i mean :)

I knew that you knew I knew, and as such I knew that when you said that I would know what you meant that you knew that I would know.:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I know. I think Lars was saying that Hummels will stay at Dortmund rather than go to United as I had mentioned, in another thread and some time back in the old LFC superthread, a radio report from Germany that said about two months that United were after Kagawa, Hummels and Lewandowski, all of whom play for Dortmund.

Since that report came out United have gotten Kagawa, and this week were rumoured to be close to getting Lewandowski. So I had mused that maybe there was something in the radio report after all.

If true, so much for the "project" at Dortmund. If I was a Dortmund fan, I'd be disgusted to see 3 top players getting sold to the same team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Yes indeed, my point was, that neither Hummels, nor Lewandowski are supposed to leave Borussia Dortmund in the near future...even if the Polish coach and Lewandowski's advisor think different. Both players are key figures for Borussia, and it would be more than stupid to let them go, given the fact, that they want to have a decent run in the Championsleague as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Simply outstanding yesterday.

Opr

If true, so much for the "project" at Dortmund. If I was a Dortmund fan, I'd be disgusted to see 3 top players getting sold to the same team.

Mind you the two very big words are "if true".

I would be surprised if Dortmund allowed all three to leave unless Klopp had something up his sleeve. I do think come the start of next season Hummels will still be lining out for Dortmund. He is too good a player to want to see at United anyway. :D

opr wrote: »

Opr

To hear news of him extending his contract would be on par with a new exciting signing to me .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

opr wrote: »

Opr

Dunno about outstanding , thought he played well - that video could have been edited down into 3 good interceptions & a class clearance where the ball was coming over his head while he was facing his own goal at 2min 30sec. The rest was standard enough tbh, im feeling quite pedantic this morning :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Leiva wrote: »
    To hear news of him extending his contract would be on par with a new exciting signing to me .

To hear news the guy can actually stay fit would be like an exciting new signing. A new contract just means more of the same chopping and changing at centre back throughout the season.

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Yes indeed, my point was, that neither Hummels, nor Lewandowski are supposed to leave Borussia Dortmund in the near future...even if the Polish coach and Lewandowski's advisor think different. Both players are key figures for Borussia, and it would be more than stupid to let them go, given the fact, that they want to have a decent run in the Championsleague as well.

Totally agree it would be stupid to let them go, especially Hummels, but then again if you told me at the start of last season that Kagawa would refuse to extend his contract at Dortmund and would move to United for £12m (not including potential add ons), I would have said no chance.

Mind you the £12m for Kagawa is a massive profit on what was paid for him only two years ago, over £11.6m profit.

To hear news the guy can actually stay fit would be like an exciting new signing. A new contract just means more of the same chopping and changing at centre back throughout the season.

I think (ok maybe hope) that he seems to be over the niggling injuries.
    This season was more bad luck than anything .

Getting two broken ribs within a couple of months of each other was stinking bad luck.

Indeed. His fitness still worries me massively.

If he could stay fit for three quarters of a season would be impressive in itself.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement