Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees for pitching a tent VS Parking a caravan

Options
  • 21-07-2015 7:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭

Hi, After lots of persuading the missus we went on our first camping trip last weekend as a family. The kids loved it and overall it was great craic.

I did notice however during my research into campsites and prices that it's the same price (if not more expensive) to pitch a tent for a family of four (with no electrical point) than it is to park up your caravan for the same duration.

I was a bit puzzled by this. Do campsites not want tents really? Are tents often associated with young lads on the beer or am I missing something in the camping community towards tents?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

I suppose the way campsites see it is you are renting a pitch per night. They don't decide what form of accomodation you stay in (tent/camper/caravan). Everyone can avail of the on-site facilities. But, I take your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    I suppose the way campsites see it is you are renting a pitch per night. They don't decide what form of accomodation you stay in (tent/camper/caravan). Everyone can avail of the on-site facilities. But, I take your point.

very true, suppose the type of accommodation is my doing, not theirs. The only difference is we didn't have an electrical point but I suppose if we did we'd be paying extra for the power, just like a caravan would.

Advertisement