Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Simplified Version of Football Manager ??

Options
  • 22-07-2015 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭

Basically I used play this religiously back in the day right up to FM2014 all the way back from CM2 , and I feel it ridiculously complicated

I still love the idea of FM though I'm just wondering is there a more simplified version of the game available for PC maybe that plays like the best one I think may have been championship manager 2001/2002 or so I can't remember but ya

What would be the best course of action and old game with updates or what ? any help would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Go here

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/

and get CM 01/02 for free (legally) and then get an update for it with current squads...happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

awesome thank you Ludo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭tjc28

Ludo wrote: »
    Go here

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/

and get CM 01/02 for free (legally) and then get an update for it with current squads...happy days.

wow, I never heard about this. Are the updates including lwr division teams and free agents etc or just Premiership teams

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Julez

The new versions of FM also have a "Classic Mode" which is less complicated. I've never actually tried it though so I'm not sure how close it is to the Champ Manager days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

tjc28 wrote: »
    wow, I never heard about this. Are the updates including lwr division teams and free agents etc or just Premiership teams

The updates are superb. Big community over there. Well worth your trouble.

Lower divisions in Spain, England, Scotland. Every league playable really,.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I had it on my last pc and loved it, they also have a good collection of programs to help in the game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Julez wrote: »
    The new versions of FM also have a "Classic Mode" which is less complicated. I've never actually tried it though so I'm not sure how close it is to the Champ Manager days.

I play the classic mode in FM 13 which I find way more enjoyable.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I play the classic mode in FM 13 which I find way more enjoyable.

I think I may have to re-invest in the FM series as I found them too time consuming, never realised there was a classic mode :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

this is interesting. so fm16 has a classic mode? how do i access it? found a lot of too complicated, especially on match days with tactics and i dont know how to watch games with just commentary like i always used to

Ok just started a Touch/Classic game. I downloaded some additional leagues but cant seem to find option to add these to a Touch game from the start.. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

this is interesting. so fm16 has a classic mode? how do i access it? found a lot of too complicated, especially on match days with tactics and i dont know how to watch games with just commentary like i always used to

For commentary only on matches, while in the match screen there's an options button on the top right in the shape of a little star. Turn off the highlights or whatevers your preference and then just click "pitch" (top of screen between overview and tactics) and click "split". That's how I have it and looks like the old games!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

fm mobile is good aswell

Advertisement