Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maynooth to Kilcock (New job, trying to figure out transport)

• 20-11-2012 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi everyone, this is my first "thread" so I hope I have followed the instructions right. :confused:
    I am trying to find transport from Maynooth to Kilcock and back again. To be in Kilcock for 9.30am is more important than the coming home part!
    I can only find a train for 9.37am and there seems to be no buses before 10.05am.
    Would anyone be able to help me out? :confused:
    Are there any private servies etc.?
    Or I was thinking would there be a reliable taxi service which I could strike a good deal with to get there and home? Would anybody be able to recommend a good cheap taxi service, and maybe prices?
    Thanks a million :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,943 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The train is possibly going to be an hour earlier from the next timetable change, based on the proposed timetable that IE published.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,792 ✭✭✭Trampas

buy a bike is best. only around 6kms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 CiaraScully

Thank you!
    Bike is not a bad idea at all, never though of that! Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

+1 on the bike suggestion, I cycle Maynooth to Kilcock most days and it takes me a leisurely twenty minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭antocann

5135366_std.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 CiaraScully

20 minutes to cycle from Maynooth to Kilcock? Probably would take me an nearly an hour! haha!! :) Thank you vektarman!
    Epic picture antocann!!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

20 minutes to cycle from Maynooth to Kilcock? Probably would take me an nearly an hour! haha!! :) Thank you vektarman!
    Epic picture antocann!!! :P

A brisk walk would get you there in little more than an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Did this myself quite a lot a few years ago. Cycling is the best option providing your workplace has showers and a changing room. The road itself is fairly flat too which makes it much easier. Nothing worse than cycling in the rain only to get to your destination and have to spend the morning in wet clothes.

However, there must be earlier trains than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Good road, fairly flat, +1 on the cycle. When getting the bike, get at least one pannier. Bring a change of clothes to work. Keep deodorant, a towel, etc. in work to save carrying them back and forth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭The Idyl Race

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Did this myself quite a lot a few years ago. Cycling is the best option providing your workplace has showers and a changing room. The road itself is fairly flat too which makes it much easier. Nothing worse than cycling in the rain only to get to your destination and have to spend the morning in wet clothes.

However, there must be earlier trains than that.

http://www.irishrail.ie/media/DublinMaynooth111.pdf

Quick look at the Irish Rail website answers that question: there is a train at 7.32am serving Kilcock at 7.39am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,943 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

That is planned to be merged with the next train at the next timetable change to leave at 08:32 arriving 08:39.

Advertisement