Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train to Sligo €1.50 each way on Saturday 1st December.

Options
  • 20-11-2012 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

"Train to Sligo €1.50 each way on Saturday 1st December. "The Railway to Sligo will be 150 years old this December. To celebrate Iarnród Eireann is offering a special celebratory fare of €1.50 each way on selected services on Saturday 1st December. This offer is only available when booked on www.irishrail.ie So why not make the most of this amazing offer to get some Christmas shopping done or bring the kids on a day out."

http://www.facebook.com/iarnrodeireann

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

"Train to Sligo €1.50 each way on Saturday 1st December. "The Railway to Sligo will be 150 years old this December. To celebrate Iarnród Eireann is offering a special celebratory fare of €1.50 each way on selected services on Saturday 1st December. This offer is only available when booked on www.irishrail.ie So why not make the most of this amazing offer to get some Christmas shopping done or bring the kids on a day out."

What a marvellous way to boost passenger numbers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

foggy_lad wrote: »
    What a marvellous way to boost passenger numbers!

Another fare well offer of €1.50 each way when they close the line. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,357 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Will the pubs in Sligo be selling pints at 1862 prices? I have an old half crown at home somewhere, if anyone wants to join me for a p1ssup, all welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

The discounted services are:

Ex Dublin: 16:00 / 19:05
    Ex Sligo: 07:00 / 11:00

All other services are €14.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

I wonder why they are so eager for us to go to Sligo...

There may be a conspiracy afoot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭highdef

V_Moth wrote: »
    The discounted services are:

Ex Dublin: 16:00 / 19:05
    Ex Sligo: 07:00 / 11:00

All other services are €14.99.

Em, if I am living in Dublin and wish to take up this offer and do some Christmas shopping in Sligo (for whatever reason), the train times with the special price kinda make this impossible. The offer is only for people living at one end of the train line.....no fair :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭stop

Is that price before or after credit card charges?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

the discounted ones only seem to benefit does doing daytrips from Sligo to Dublin, not the other way round.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

juan.kerr wrote: »
    I wonder why they are so eager for us to go to Sligo...

There may be a conspiracy afoot.
    No conspiracy, don't be so paranoid, don't look a gift horse in the mouth, go to Sligo and enjoy the day, I'II be homesick that day, otherwise Id meet you for a drink and welcome you to good old Sligo town.
    That day I'II be in North America, in the BNSF head offices discussing railfreight and shipping, it will be like a breath of fresh air working in such a positive environment, pity its clashing with the Sligo train celebrations, can't be everywhere, it will be in my thoughts, still Id a fantastic day at Downpatrick on Sunday, everybody behaved normal, didn't see any nutcases, thats probably my fill for the rest of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,006 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Sligo Quay wrote: »
    No conspiracy, don't be so paranoid, don't look a gift horse in the mouth, go to Sligo and enjoy the day, I'II be homesick that day, otherwise Id meet you for a drink and welcome you to good old Sligo town.
    That day I'II be in North America, in the BNSF head offices discussing railfreight and shipping, it will be like a breath of fresh air working in such a positive environment, pity its clashing with the Sligo train celebrations, can't be everywhere, it will be in my thoughts, still Id a fantastic day at Downpatrick on Sunday, everybody behaved normal, didn't see any nutcases, thats probably my fill for the rest of the year.

Should have popped over and said hello to me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Should have popped over and said hello to me :)
    I didn't recognised you Losty, I kind of kept to myself but did wonder at the normality of it all, after all the chaos here on boards a while back when posters where at one another throats, then you see all these normal people around enjoying the day, faces without names, here on boards its names without faces.

Advertisement