Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suggestions please... bought a new car around a month ago or less...

• 02-06-2010 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

and today I was offered a new job today with a compnay car...

I didnt pay any of the car loan yet and i paid 1/4 of the loan in a cash deposit...

anyone want a Renault Fluence Tom Tom 1.5dCi 106bhp, already taxed for a year.. bought for 24000 and will sell for 21000 :)
    ha ha

any suggestions what to do beside turning the job down

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Take the job and ask for a car allowance instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭jaffa20

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

yeah but i can and pay off the loan i think....

cant do a fuel allowance, wish i could although maybe i wont take the job..
    its all in infancy stage at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,465 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You would turn down a job just cause you bought a car? If the job is worthwhile, the car shouldnt come into it. Sell it for a few thousand cheaper than you paid for it & all is well. You will have to clear finance first or get the buyer to clear finance & pay you remainder unless its an unsecured loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

savic04 wrote: »
    anyone want a Renault Fluence Tom Tom 1.5dCi 106bhp, already taxed for a year.. bought for 24000 and will sell for 21000 :)
    ha ha

If that's true, you were had mate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Give it to your girlfriend....

not got a girlfriend? well you soon will have if you have a spare car....;)

If that's true, you were had mate.

I was thinking the same, no one will give you anywhere near €20K for one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

Thats bull**** about the price and me being had...I tried every Renault dealer in the south of ireland within my reach and even all over Dublin,as I work there most days....

Get a price from any renault dealers in the country for a cash deal on the Top Spec Tom tom 106bhp Model .......... I tried a lot at the time, its only been a month so I would still think 21k is the best you will get from one of them... anyway thats all beside the point really as i wasnt expecting to sell it for 21k...that was joke...
    The advertised prices were for scrappage deals on the basic car spec...

wouldnt sell it anyway, that was tongue in cheek in the orig post, hence the smilie..... am goin to sell my 07 focus zetec instead and the wife can have the Fluence if i take on the new job

Advertisement