Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Welcome to Limerick

Options
  • 06-01-2009 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭

This is what happens when you park a D reg Transit outside a moderately priced hotel in Limerick city.

Long and short of it: Gardai caught the scumbag but not before he torched the cabin and another car along the same road.

There was nothing left in view and there was a thick padlock around the steering wheel. He used the can of de-icer I had to set the thing alight.

Two observations: firstly the Gardai in Limerick are really on the ball (you know when they are that good that they must be up against it). Credit where it's due.

Secondly, Limerick City has some serious problems.

Thoughts welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

There a Limerick City forum over here

I don't see the relevance here though, not that i standing up for the absolute scum that did it though. Bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Savman wrote: »
    He used the can of de-icer I had to set the thing alight.

You say 'I had', was it your van? If so, then condolences Savman!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭trellheim

do you reckon it was just cos of the D reg ?

[ PS do you mean Dublin Reg or UK 'D' plate ? ]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

ned78 wrote: »
    You say 'I had', was it your van? If so, then condolences Savman!
    'twas indeed mine.
    There a Limerick City forum over here

I don't see the relevance here though, not that i standing up for the absolute scum that did it though. Bastards
    Burning out a Vehicle is not related to Motoring?

Burning out a Vehicle is not related to Motoring?

Slagging off Limerick is related to motoring?

• Advertisement

trellheim wrote: »
    do you reckon it was just cos of the D reg ?

[ PS do you mean Dublin Reg or UK 'D' plate ? ]
    Well, we reckon partly cos of the Dublin reg, and partly because scumbags are just too thick to find reason and logic in what they do.

Jesus, it happened in Limerick City ffs. You can take that line all you want but the facts are the facts. Your username suggests a bias toward the place.

Incidentally, we met some really sound folk while in Limerick who were only too happy to help. Such a pity the place is ruined by filth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭~Thalia~

Well, we reckon partly cos of the Dublin reg, and partly because scumbags are just too thick to find reason and logic in what they do.

Which goes for scumbags everywhere and NOT just Limerick. I couldn't read and not post. What happened your van is awful but could have happened just about anywhere on this fair isle. I am SO sick and tired of having to defend Limerick when I've lived in 4 other Irish cities and have experienced just as much Scumbaggery in those as I have in Limerick. PLEASE people STOP running Limerick down and buying into the media hype. Limerick has it's problems for sure but it is no better or worse than ANY of the major Irish cities and if you think it is then more fool you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Condolenses OP, but to be fair this isn't what "happens when you park a D reg van outside a moderately priced hotel". Just a case of wrong place at the wrong time.

Think of all the vehicles vandalised around the country on a regular basis. Doesn't mean that the city is out to get certain reg plates. I'm living in Limerick all my life, and for the past 2 years with a D reg Golf. No trouble.

Out of interest, the hotel wouldn't have been what was formerly the Quality Hotel was it? (I think it is called something like the Maldron now or something).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Don't be silly Limerick-man, did you not know that there is no car crime in any other city in the country :rolleyes:.

All my family happen to drive D registered cars (4 cars) and we only expierienced 1 episode of car crime. Some scumbag tried to steal my car recently but it was more the car he wanted not just because it had a D reg.

It might be nice to change the thread title because it is quite offensive.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement

Jesus, it happened in Limerick City ffs. You can take that line all you want but the facts are the facts. Your username suggests a bias toward the place.

Incidentally, we met some really sound folk while in Limerick who were only too happy to help. Such a pity the place is ruined by filth.

My username suggests a bias towards the place, of course, because i am from Limerick. I have no problem you saying that your Van got burnt out in Limerick, but making two statements like this
    This is what happens when you park a D reg Transit outside a moderately priced hotel in Limerick city.

is a completely ridiculous statements to make. That could of happened you anywhere. I'm not having a dig at you, i understand your pissed off, i know there are scumbags here, but i don't see any relevance that statement has to Limerick. The amount of cars bought here on hire purchase from Auto Exchange means there are probably more D reg cars here than there are L cars.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

~Thalia~ wrote: »
    Which goes for scumbags everywhere and NOT just Limerick. I couldn't read and not post. What happened your van is awful but could have happened just about anywhere on this fair isle. I am SO sick and tired of having to defend Limerick when I've lived in 4 other Irish cities and have experienced just as much Scumbaggery in those as I have in Limerick. PLEASE people STOP running Limerick down and buying into the media hype. Limerick has it's problems for sure but it is no better or worse than ANY of the major Irish cities and if you think it is then more fool you.

Savman, I'm sorry to hear that, and at least they got the pr!ck. But you have to admit that your title is taking a pop at Limerick...it could have happened in any city in the country.

Funny how all the replies are from those of us who live in the place. Frankly I don't care if you find it offensive, it happened and I'll avoid the place at all costs in future.

Yiz need to take off your Limerick tinted specs, seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I'll avoid the place at all costs in future.

Please do.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »

Please do.
    I will thanks. When bad things happen to people, it leaves a sour taste in the mouth, get over it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Funny how all the replies are from those of us who live in the place. Frankly I don't care if you find it offensive, it happened and I'll avoid the place at all costs in future.

Jesus.

Actually OP you are correct, us Limerick folk don't care for out of towners and at the first chance of it we attempt to flame your vehicles. :rolleyes:

I will thanks. When bad things happen to people, it leaves a sour taste in the mouth, get over it already.

Aye, but what you clearly don't understand, and from a man with in excess of 4,000 posts, you have to be very careful what you say on a public forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭~Thalia~

Live in it and am from it and very proud of Limerick. I think everyone who has responded to you has expressed that what happened to your van was awful.

Your attitude doesn't help though, you can't surely expect to post such a negative view of a whole city and not expect some defence from it's upstanding residents.

Again, what happened to you was terrible but honestly your last post proved that you are just on to have a pop at Limerick and not much else. I'm glad the gardai were of good help to you and I'm glad they caught the person who did this to your van but you won't find any sympathy with your anti- Limerick comments from me or anyone else from Limerick either I suspect.

Best of luck to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

Whatever about your childish dig at Limerick, You are being super paranoid if you think it has anything to do with being a D reg.

Although, if it is the hotel that I think it is from the back round of the first picture, then I'm not really surprised. I could never figure out why that was built there in the first place. I know it is on the main Dublin and Cork roads, but it is knackeragua central.

Fizman wrote: »
    Jesus.

Actually OP you are correct, us Limerick folk don't care for out of towners and at the first chance of it we attempt to flame your vehicles. :rolleyes:
    Y'know, the only thing worse than an area rife with problems is an area rife with problems with the better half of the population in denial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Wow, I thought after what happened you would have tried to avoid flaming.

Y'know, the only thing worse than an area rife with problems is an area rife with problems with the better half of the population in denial.

Oh dear jesus. You, sir, are an absolute disgrace. I hopes mods don't use there discretion. I don't think i've come across a more stupid post.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

but nowadays......it could happen anywhere

Jumpy wrote: »
    Wow, I thought after what happened you would have tried to avoid flaming.

No pun intended?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

an area rife with problems with the better half of the population in denial.

No thats Cairo!

AHAHAHHAAAAAAhahahaahehhehe heh.... ah Im really really sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

~Thalia~ wrote: »
    Again, what happened to you was terrible but honestly your last post proved that you are just on to have a pop at Limerick and not much else

Jesus. The man's van was burned. How would you feel if it was your car? You'd probably get a jibe in about whereever it happened too.

Savman shouldn't have made any particular comments about Limerick, but it's done now. Move on people, this is the Motors Forum, not the Limerick Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Closed

Need I say more?

Don't think so

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement