Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garda Speed Gun/camera

Options
  • 08-07-2013 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

on way to Cork this morning as as I came off the motorway into city centre there was a Garda with what looked a speed gun, by the 60k zone

I was doing over 60 at the time, wondering does he have to pull me over there and then or can i get ticket in post.

Looked more like a speed gun rather than a camera but not sure

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

holding it up from what I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Did he have his hat on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 popeye1_2

Hi
    Was doing 63-65 kph today in a 60kph
    will I get penalty points

paul

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Well if it is a hand held speed gun they have to pull you over but if it's on a tripod you'll get the letter in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

Well if it is a hand held speed gun they have to pull you over but if it's on a tripod you'll get the letter in the post.

Not necessarily . Myself and a few mates passed a guard with a tripod all travelling over the ton in mph and none of us ever heard anything about it . This was a couple of years ago so unless the tripods are newly updated with more technology then id struggle to believe it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,232 ✭✭✭✭endacl

popeye1_2 wrote: »
    Hi

paul

Yep. I'd say you'll have the car seized too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

popeye1_2 wrote: »
    Hi

paul

Most likely your speedometer is about 5k over what your actually driving.
    So if it says 65, it's most likely 60.
    Gardai generally allow a few km/h over the speed limit as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭ofcork

Passed a 08 D transit plain white in ballinascarthy co. cork today,got flashed by a guy before i came to it.Could it have been a speed van though i had dropped the speed anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

ofcork wrote: »
    Passed a 08 D transit plain white in ballinascarthy co. cork today,got flashed by a guy before i came to it.Could it have been a speed van though i had dropped the speed anyway.

Could have been alright. Most Garda vans are white Ford transits (And may or may not have any markings)

Advertisement