Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car with 'character' wanted for exciting Music Video

Options
  • 14-07-2016 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

I hope you can help.

I'm looking for an old Morris Minor, Mini (or another, similar-type car, preferably from the 60's / 70's) for a music promo shoot in Dublin on Monday.

If anyone can help please that'd be terrific. Banged up and scuffed is what I'm after but not essential, basically something with 'character'.

Must be road worthy, taxed for the roads etc..

My number is a 083 196 9100

Hope to hear from you.

Thank You in advance.

Best, Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Hi there,

I hope you can help.

I'm looking for an old Morris Minor, Mini (or another, similar-type car, preferably from the 60's / 70's) for a music promo shoot in Dublin on Monday.

If anyone can help please that'd be terrific. Banged up and scuffed is what I'm after but not essential, basically something with 'character'.

Must be road worthy, taxed for the roads etc...Cheers.

I should say up front that we don't have any budget really so participation would be for the love of it.

My number is a UK one even though I'm based in Dublin.

0044 78 669 65474

Hope to hear from somebody.

Thank You in advance.

Best, Sean
    This has to be up there as one of the oldest tricks in the music business!

Remember folks it all for the "lurv " of it.

Not even an offer of merchandise........... HAH!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Whisper whisper u2 whisper whisper new video whisper....been there..:rolleyes:..these people have enough money to go and buy a fcuking car...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

To be fair there was no mention of it being a freebie.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Staplor

No mention of magic beans either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

To be fair there was no mention of it NOT being a freebie. (Staplor got there B4 me...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

The original post has been edited to remove:

"I should say up front that we don't have any budget really so participation would be for the love of it."

Folks can I assist with this one.
    In my reply to Voice in the Dunes, I quoted his original post word for word. He has now edited his own original post deleting the following line.
    I should say up front that we don't have any budget really so participation would be for the love of it.
    Sean, as that is your real name. Why have you now deleted the fact you're not prepared to offer payment or expenses of any kind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

oh right,

so I should just fire up my classic, fill it with fuel, take a day away from whatever I'm doing just for your luv of music?

oh right,

so I should just fire up my classic, fill it with fuel, take a day away from whatever I'm doing just for your luv of music?

Yeah..but think of the bigger picture..your car will be famous, people will point at you and it and say.."look...thats the car form that Daniel O'Donnel video"......:P

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭gfwd

Yeah..but think of the bigger picture..your car will be famous, people will point at you and it and say.."look...thats the car form that Daniel O'Donnel video"......

And bang it on DoneDeal for an extra 5k over the odds the following week due to its 'enhanced' history! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Yeah..but think of the bigger picture..your car will be famous, people will point at you and it and say.."look...thats the car form that Daniel O'Donnel video"......:P

I think I can live without being associated to DoD thank you very much :D:D

Yer all very bold.....poor Daniel..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

I also need a classic car with character for... Reasons. Please meet me in the car park of the local Aldi, car must have tax, insurance, nct and a full tank, will be returned minus the petrol in need of a good clean inside and out. No payment will be forthcoming, you must do it for the love of sharing your pride and joy to a complete ****ing stranger.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Ah lads, have none of you seen Sing Street? :)

This isn't like people looking for a free photographer for who the only payment is "credit" for their work.

I doubt it's U2 or Enya here looking for help. Probably should have offered to pay petrol and buy lunch, but there probably is no budget and the 'production' is likely mates helping out and borrowed equipment.

My car just doesn't fit the description. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

i'm looking for a Bugatti Veyron for my music video.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

No payment will be forthcoming, you must do it for the love of sharing your pride and joy to a complete ****ing stranger.
    Also, do not bring a black light anywhere near it ever again :pac:

Dades wrote: »
    Ah lads, have none of you seen Sing Street? :)

This isn't like people looking for a free photographer for who the only payment is "credit" for their work.

I doubt it's U2 or Enya here looking for help. Probably should have offered to pay petrol and buy lunch, but there probably is no budget and the 'production' is likely mates helping out and borrowed equipment.

My car just doesn't fit the description. ;)

I'd be the very first to help out some mates in a situation like this. But this one is straight out of music industry 101 in how to screw people.

With my rose tinted spectacles firmly in their case, I view this one as follows. Bloke comes on a forum for the very first time, asks for a loan of a classic car for absolutely nothing. Same bloke also has U.K telephone number but assures everyone he's based in Dublin!

A day later, he substantially edits his OP with absolutely no acknowledgement to the posted replies or to allay anyones concerns or misgiving about his proposal and just carries on as before. Now equipped Irish mobile number. Mate looking for a dig out, yeah right!

I'm also disappointed as how you appear to dismiss photographers. I would also expect some sort of payment for my work, as the equiptment that I have assembled over the years, costs as much as any half decent classic car.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dades wrote: »
    Actually, it's exactly that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I've been asked to play on people's tracks for the exposure. I was once offered a short tour. For exposure.

Mebollix. Pay me.

What dafuq is it about narcissistic 'creatives' who think their pet project is as important to everybody else as it is to them.

If the product was any good OP, you'd probably be in a position not to have to beg.

Don't even get me started on the kickfund our next album shyte. Pay for your own hobby/vanity project. If it's that important to you.

<rant ends>

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    I'm also disappointed as how you appear to dismiss photographers. I would also expect some sort of payment for my work, as the equiptment that I have assembled over the years, costs as much as any half decent classic car.
    Pat, you missed my point.

I gave the photographer example as one where a profession is undermined by people regularly wanting work without wanting to pay for it.

In this instance The Professional Classic Car Loaners Society don't exist, and if someone wants to see their car in a video and not require compensation, nobody's family is going hungry.

• Advertisement

Did anyone ring the number.....;)....:p

Advertisement