Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled games and Double gameweeks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

iroced wrote: »
    Just added the actual 1/4f FA Cup games to make it more complete. It's not the same going to Old Trafford than hosting Blackburn so this may also comes into consideration for future transfers ;)(no offence at all Lemlin and many others I believe since this forum is Rovers fans antechamber :pac:).

yikes I might have no goalie if west from get thru :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    yikes I might have no goalie if west from get thru :D

West brom have a horrible last few fixtures so may be a good time to get out anyway particularly if there safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

West brom have a horrible last few fixtures so may be a good time to get out anyway particularly if there safe.

wow he really does ! Better start devising an exit strategy !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Is it likely that the Chelsea dgw will be confirmed before the weekend do yis reckon.

If they have a dgw 28 there is merit on getting a third chelsea player for this week imo, despite the blank. If they don't there isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »
    Is it likely that the Chelsea dgw will be confirmed before the weekend do yis reckon.

If they have a dgw 28 there is merit on getting a third chelsea player for this week imo, despite the blank. If they don't there isn't.

I'd think so. Sky may have been waiting for BT Sport to schedule their live FA Cup matches so they can go head to head with the Leicester v Chelsea match.

I've gone a bit off the idea of getting Costa in now. I'm happy to put the armband on Hazard and all it takes is a yellow in one of the next two matches for Costa to be on the tightrope. It also allows me to sort out my squad going forward and then if need be make some hits for a Chelsea DGW28.

• Advertisement

I'd think so. Sky may have been waiting for BT Sport to schedule their live FA Cup matches so they can go head to head with the Leicester v Chelsea match.

I've gone a bit off the idea of getting Costa in now. I'm happy to put the armband on Hazard and all it takes is a yellow in one of the next two matches for Costa to be on the tightrope. It also allows me to sort out my squad going forward and then if need be make some hits for a Chelsea DGW28.

I'm not going for Costa either, mostly because I want Sturridge for GW28 more. But I'd consider going for Fab or Oscar for this week and holding them for 28.

If we assume spurs and qpr are the only double how are you all planning on approaching gw 27 and 28. I ask this as Im considering bringing in a spurs defender this gw.
    Gw 27 Make no transfer and Play a 4 4 2 Hazard kane and maybe a spurs defender on the bench.
    Gw 28 2 transfers eriksen and austin in. This will give my 4 dgw players kane austin vertonghen and eriksen.

I think this is the only way to have 11 in gw27 and 4 dgw players in gw28 with no hits.

Current team
    foster myhill
    wollschied pva hutton (alder jones)
    walcott silva adm hazard sanchez
    aguero kane (ings)

Ive 2 transfers the issues I see are no chelsea def this week , jones injured and Im not convinced on walcott starting gw 28.
    GW 26 jones and walcott to Verthongen and sterling
    GW27 do nothing I think this is a strong team for that week
    Foster
    Pva alder wollscheid hutton
    sterling silva adm sanchez
    aguero ings
    GW28 adm and ings to eriksen and austin
    I will have a major benching issue with my front 8 that week if they are all fit.

The alternative is to try maximise my points this week rather than looking at gw 27 and 28. This would involve getting a chelsea player in and meaning Ill only have 3 players for the dgw.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Plan currently is to stick Hazard, Zouma and Kane on the bench for GW27, 11 players other than that hopefully.

Then GW28 I'd have Kane on a DGW, along with Eriksen who I'll bring in for one of Walcott/Ozil.

Half thinking of a one-week punt for a defender instead of Zouma for GW27, but would involve a -4 which I don't think is worth it for a defender. Too much value for me to consider ditching Kane/Hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

If we assume spurs and qpr are the only double how are you all planning on approaching gw 27 and 28. I ask this as Im considering bringing in a spurs defender this gw.
    Gw 27 Make no transfer and Play a 4 4 2 Hazard kane and maybe a spurs defender on the bench.
    Gw 28 2 transfers eriksen and austin in. This will give my 4 dgw players kane austin vertonghen and eriksen.

I think this is the only way to have 11 in gw27 and 4 dgw players in gw28 with no hits.
    Looks great on paper ;).
    Current team
    foster myhill
    wollschied pva hutton (alder jones)
    walcott silva adm hazard sanchez
    aguero kane (ings)

Ive 2 transfers the issues I see are no chelsea def this week , jones injured and Im not convinced on walcott starting gw 28.
    GW 26 jones and walcott to Verthongen and sterling
    You'd favour Sterling over Sturridge then?
    I haven't checked the stats but I have in mind that Sterling takes advantage of Sturridge presence FPL-wise (while when he played upfront his returns were not better as you could expect I think they even were a bit worse).
    GW27 do nothing I think this is a strong team for that week
    Foster
    Pva alder wollscheid hutton
    sterling silva adm sanchez
    aguero ings
    GW28 adm and ings to eriksen and austin
    I will have a major benching issue with my front 8 that week if they are all fit.
    Your GW27 team is more than decent.

And yeah, GW28 dilemma... Hazard could actually be the one to bench :eek:.
    The alternative is to try maximise my points this week rather than looking at gw 27 and 28. This would involve getting a chelsea player in and meaning Ill only have 3 players for the dgw.
    Costa? or a def? If Chelsea DGW is not on GW28 I think the closest one can be GW31 IMSMR.
    Considering their Cup games to come and PL fixtures you'd be "dependent" upon a blinder from Costa or your def this GW (which could well happen) but if it doesn't you'd have messed up your mid-term plan for nothing...

It's annoying that we don't know about Chelsea rescheduled game. Could it be announced today? Transfers for the coming 3 GWs are so much dependent upon that announcement!

iroced wrote:
    It's annoying that we don't know about Chelsea rescheduled game. Could it be announced today? Transfers for the coming 3 GWs are so much dependent upon that announcement!

This. It's not looking like it will be confirmed today. But if not it still doesn't rule it out does it?

A Chelsea treble up punt this week isn't justified imo unless the DGW28 happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Cazorla to Eriksen and then I have to decide if Austin,Arsenal + Spurs will outscore Sturridge v Burnley.

3 Max will be my dgw total as it isn't worth anymore tbh.

This. It's not looking like it will be confirmed today. But if not it still doesn't rule it out does it?

I guess not. But as Busts mentioned earlier on, with Chelsea playing the Carling Cup final, GW28 away to WH & the return leg against PSG in a 10 days period may not wish to add a 4th game in it. Especially that they still have the job to be done against PSG.

Considering the next CL games will be between GW33 & 34, if I were Mourinho I'd try slot this game in between GW31 & 32. In addition it'll be Stoke home & QPR away. So Leicester away in the middle doesn't sound like an impossible task.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Chelsea's DGW is on GW 34 so. That's my plan out the f*cking window!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

The TV fixtures are out

Chelsea-Leicester DGW in GW 34

This. It's not looking like it will be confirmed today.

Can I call it or can I call it!! :)

Ah well. Good to know. The real planning can start here.

No Costa for me then. If ManU beat Arsenal in the FA Cup then DGW34 and DGW37 for Chelsea; tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,934 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That's a blow to my plans. I'm still considering proceeding however

I might ship Terry out for a Spurs defender ahead of DGW28 now. My plan is bank this week, luxury transfer of Baird to Naughton, Kane and Eriksen in with two FTs in DGW28. I'd have to decide if it's worth a hit to do Terry to Vertonghen/Walker which I'm not too sure about. They haven't been keeping many cleanies.

So Arsenal & Leicester away are Chelsea double GW (34) fixtures.

It suits me that it doesn't happen for GW28 (though was not not in too bad a shape had it happened). Have Baird and possibly Lucas & Jones to sort out first and already have 3 players to bench for GW27.
    I might ship Terry out for a Spurs defender ahead of DGW28 now. My plan is bank this week, luxury transfer of Baird to Naughton, Kane and Eriksen in with two FTs in DGW28. I'd have to decide if it's worth a hit to do Terry to Vertonghen/Walker which I'm not too sure about. They haven't been keeping many cleanies.

The idea came into my mind... but then I checked Spurs recent defensive record. Considering Chelsea fixture this week, is a Spurs def really worth it? For me there is the temptation to get, let's say Vertonghen for Jones but would have 4 players for the bench next GW.
    There's still an off chance Jones & Lucas could feature next GW so I guess this week is designed to get a replacement for Baird.

• Advertisement

The idea came into my mind... but then I checked Spurs recent defensive record. Considering Chelsea fixture this week, is a Spurs def really worth it? For me there is the temptation to get, let's say Vertonghen for Jones but would have 4 players for the bench next GW.
    There's still an off chance Jones & Lucas could feature next GW so I guess this week is designed to get a replacement for Baird.

A spurs defender is unexpectedly on my mind now too. They have promising fixtures. WHU, Swansea, Leicester, Villa at home in next 7. The aways are Burnley, QPR and Man U. Rose in for Baird might just make sense.

Is Rose secure in his place though. Just about to visit my Spurs fan bro in law so will do some research. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭LostArt

Rose and Davies have been rotated a lot. Vertonghen is the only nailed on starter in the back 4.

LostArt wrote: »
    Rose and Davies have been rotated a lot. Vertonghen is the only nailed on starter in the back 4.

Walker has no competition either

LostArt wrote: »

Is it more of a league/cups rotation though? Davies played in the Europa, while Rose has played 90 in 6 of the last 8 EPL and 75 in a 7th. Not sure if there was another reason why he missed gw19.

Looks great on paper ;).

You'd favour Sterling over Sturridge then?
    I haven't checked the stats but I have in mind that Sterling takes advantage of Sturridge presence FPL-wise (while when he played upfront his returns were not better as you could expect I think they even were a bit worse).

Your GW27 team is more than decent.

And yeah, GW28 dilemma... Hazard could actually be the one to bench :eek:.

Costa? or a def? If Chelsea DGW is not on GW28 I think the closest one can be GW31 IMSMR.
    Considering their Cup games to come and PL fixtures you'd be "dependent" upon a blinder from Costa or your def this GW (which could well happen) but if it doesn't you'd have messed up your mid-term plan for nothing...

As per usual iroced your feedback and attention to detail is fantastic. Fair play to you checking my potential gw28 selection headache and yes having to maybe bench hazard is a worry if I went down that route.
    I'm steering clear of Costa as it would mean selling ings and I think after the arsenal players ings is the best captain option for gw27. I was more looking at a def or oscar.
    I had been set on Sturridge for gw 28 but I think austin maybe a better option for that gw so was looking at sterling.
    I'm back to square one now anyway as Jones is fit and alderweireld is still injured. I'm debating selling hazard for his gw 27 blank even though I got him at 9.9.Im not too bothered being without him for gw 28 and 29 West ham away a few days after carling cup final and then southampton home a few days after cl.2nd leg . Would then know the result of utd arsenal cup game and whether hazard would also have a gw 33 blank.
    I'm thinking walcott to eriksen this week and then hazard to sterling gw 27.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

As per usual iroced your feedback and attention to detail is fantastic. Fair play to you checking my potential gw28 selection headache and yes having to maybe bench hazard is a worry if I went down that route.
    I'm steering clear of Costa as it would mean selling ings and I think after the arsenal players ings is the best captain option for gw27. I was more looking at a def or oscar.
    I had been set on Sturridge for gw 28 but I think austin maybe a better option for that gw so was looking at sterling.
    I'm back to square one now anyway as Jones is fit and alderweireld is still injured. I'm debating selling hazard for his gw 27 blank even though I got him at 9.9.Im not too bothered being without him for gw 28 and 29 West ham away a few days after carling cup final and then southampton home a few days after cl.2nd leg . Would then know the result of utd arsenal cup game and whether hazard would also have a gw 33 blank.
    I'm thinking walcott to eriksen this week and then hazard to sterling gw 27.

Where did you see that Jones is fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭LostArt

Is it more of a league/cups rotation though? Davies played in the Europa, while Rose has played 90 in 6 of the last 8 EPL and 75 in a 7th. Not sure if there was another reason why he missed gw19.

It has been a league/cup rotation but I'd expect Rose to start the cup final because he seems to be our first choice left back (god knows why tbh!). There's no way Rose will then start both league games in the double week imo.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Where did you see that Jones is fit?

Lvg said it in his press conference. I'd still be worried about him starting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Lvg said it in his press conference. I'd still be worried about him starting though.

He's on my bench this week. It's next week I need him for. PVA, Terry and Bellerin down to start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

<snip>

Advertisement