Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled games and Double gameweeks

Options
  • 04-01-2015 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭

We had a thread on this last year so no harm to get one going again.
    The First issue is the carling cup final on GW 27. Some of the following games will be cancelled.
    QPR Spurs
    Liverpool City
    Leicester Chelsea

Something else to note is there will be less games called off this year due to the FA cup quarter Final weekend not clashing with league fixtures for the first time that I can remember . This is usually the main cause of the mayhem so there will be far less DGW teams.

The only other games that will be called off is in GW 33 when league games clash with the FA cup semi Final.

In the last few years league games havent been refixed when there are midweek european matches this means the likely dates for the rescheduling of league games hence DGW's are
    GW 31
    GW 34
    GW 37
    There is also a chance that the carling cup cancelled league games could be refixed for the weekend of the FA cup qf assuming both teams are knocked out of the fa cup which would be GW 28 one week after the carling cup final.
    For those playing their wildcard a bit later you will know which games are cancelled in GW 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

GW27 could be chaos for people with Kane+Austin and lots of value tied up in them

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

GW27 could be chaos for people with Kane+Austin and lots of value tied up in them

A Chelsea Spurs final is going to leave a lot of people very short. Definitely makes things interesting when things like that crop up! Do you lose a million on a player just to field 11? Its a lot trickier question to answer than whether to spend 4 points!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

this is why its important to have a bench that all play at this point because for me I currently would have terry hazard kane not playing if its chel spurs final. wont be panicking by taking them out. earlier in the season at times I had one or two on my bench not playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

jimmii wrote: »
    A Chelsea Spurs final is going to leave a lot of people very short. Definitely makes things interesting when things like that crop up! Do you lose a million on a player just to field 11? Its a lot trickier question to answer than whether to spend 4 points!

Especially this early (GW27) in the season. I mean if it was GW34 or 37 you could accept to lose £1m on a player by selling him for definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭G1032

If Chelsea get to the final I can sell Costa and or Terry. I just brought Costa in again last week for 11.2 and Terry this week at 6.6. I can't see me losing much if any value on those two if I need to sell. One advantage anyway of paying so much for Costa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Let's just all hope Liverpool somehow win!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Lemlin wrote: »
    Let's just all hope Liverpool somehow win!

Ha good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

iroced wrote: »
    Especially this early (GW27) in the season. I mean if it was GW34 or 37 you could accept to lose £1m on a player by selling him for definite.

One thing I hope will be something of an advantage facing issues like this is that I have very little profit tied up in anybody apart from Haz and Sanchez. Downing is probably next and he'll be gone soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    One thing I hope will be something of an advantage facing issues like this is that I have very little profit tied up in anybody apart from Haz and Sanchez. Downing is probably next and he'll be gone soon.

I'd be much the same and will only keep hazard for gw 27 if it is Chelsea that miss out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'd be much the same and will only keep hazard for gw 27 if it is Chelsea that miss out.

I can't see myself dropping Terry unless he gets injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Depends a lot on which players you have and also what price you bought them at. It's still a while away but how and ever

I own Kane(5.4), Terry(6.3), Costa(10.5), and Hazard(9.9)

The prices I bought for them in brackets. All 4 are in pretty good form at present, which is always the most important. Sturridge when he's back in for Costa is one I'm definitely interested, but at this point in time I'm not considering selling the other 3 at all, if that stays the same and it's a Spurs-Chelsea final, I can see myself keeping those 3 and just making do with the remainder of my squad for that gw. Important not to forget that, for any cancelled game your player misses out on, means a double gw on the horizon! :)

manual_man wrote: »
    Depends a lot on which players you have and also what price you bought them at. It's still a while away but how and ever

I own Kane(5.4), Terry(6.3), Costa(10.5), and Hazard(9.9)

The prices I bought for them in brackets. All 4 are in pretty good form at present, which is always the most important. Sturridge when he's back in for Costa is one I'm definitely interested, but at this point in time I'm not considering selling the other 3 at all, if that stays the same and it's a Spurs-Chelsea final, I can see myself keeping those 3 and just making do with the remainder of my squad for that gw. Important not to forget that, for any cancelled game your player misses out on, means a double gw on the horizon! :)

It depends how far away the dgw is there is an off chance depending on the progress of teams in the fa cup it could be as soon as gw 28 in which case I'd hold. The most likely is gw 31 though so plenty of time to get players you transferred out back in which is what I would aim to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

It depends how far away the dgw is there is an off chance depending on the progress of teams in the fa cup it could be as soon as gw 28 in which case I'd hold. The most likely is gw 31 though so plenty of time to get players you transferred out back in which is what I would aim to do.

Factoring in possible points hits and the impact of price, that may not be worth it. Anyway, still up in the air for now, picture should become somewhat clearer soon

chelsea leicester have a blank in gw27 now. If villa beat leicester in the next rd of the cup there is a chance that the DGW will be gw 28

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

chelsea leicester have a blank in gw27 now. If villa beat leicester in the next rd of the cup there is a chance that the DGW will be gw 28
    Time to get rid of Wasi maybe...

Will have to analyse the fixtures of my squad for GW27 to see if I can bench my Chelsea trio without depleting my fielded XI too much...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Pool have back to back home games against City and Burnley in 27 and 28...hopefully Sturridge could be a viable replacement for Costa by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/premierleague/status/560376848681816064

Means we won't get to see the Chelsea line up now before the deadline in GW28.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Brendan Filone

Here is a comprehensive fixture tracker that tracks all fixtures for Premier League teams including Cup games and European Games that people may find useful:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11R-ZRGWsB8NekrOze6Xx7pxQWnreIQiF97Lh-hDowOM/edit#gid=45789823

The Benefits:
    + Potential Double Gameweeks are marked.
    + Potential Blank Gameweeks are marked.
    + Matchdays (Sat/Sun/Mon) are shown, which is very useful for Ultimate FPL.
    + You can see which teams have important midweek games that may cause them to rest players or be tired the following weekend.

Here's a quick guide to reading the spreadsheet:
    + Blue columns - Premier League fixture
    + Other column - Other fixtures
    + Cell with red outline - Fixture in danger of being rescheduled.
    + Dark blue cell - Chance of fixture in danger being played at this time.

spurs qpr postponed gw 27. As both teams are out of the cup this could be rescheduled for fa cup 5th rd weekend DGW25 or fa cup qf weekend DGW28. Liverpool swansea had a game off due to carling cup final a couple of years back and moved there game forward to before the carling cup final so this DGW 25 could happen.

spurs qpr postponed gw 27. As both teams are out of the cup this could be rescheduled for fa cup 5th rd weekend DGW25 or fa cup qf weekend DGW28. Liverpool swansea had a game off due to carling cup final a couple of years back and moved there game forward to before the carling cup final so this DGW 25 could happen.

Ugh, I doubt we would find out before Saturday? This would affect my active WC greatly.

• Advertisement

Swansea advanced to the final on Jan 23, 2013 and the match was rearranged a week later: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-v-swansea-city-3326134

Only saving grace may be that there was still 18 days between announcement and match; if they did the same this season it would be 11 days.

Swansea advanced to the final on Jan 23, 2013 and the match was rearranged a week later: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-v-swansea-city-3326134

Only saving grace may be that there was still 18 days between announcement and match; if they did the same this season it would be 11 days.
    Id say if it is to be gw25 it would need to be rearranged by the weekend because as you say atleast 2 weeks notice should be needed. The way spurs fixtures are piling up it might make sense for them to play it GW 25.

"For those asking, a new date for @QPRFC's home fixture against @SpursOfficial in the @premierleague will be confirmed later today #QPR"

https://twitter.com/IJTaylor81/status/560829668480536578

FIXTURE CHANGE QPR v Spurs moves from Sun 1 March to Sat 7 March (1500 GMT) - as Spurs face Chelsea in the @CapitalOne_Cup final

https://twitter.com/premierleague/status/560837360770764801

DWG28 then for Spurs and QPR

QPR Vs Spurs fixed for March 7th

EDIT: Tell you what, I'll leave it to Ziegler and I'll try and do some actual work for the last half hour of the day!! :)

Could be a good week to hold a transfer as we should know by the following gw if Chelsea have a DGW 28. I have 2 transfers but hoping to only use up 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Could be a good week to hold a transfer as we should know by the following gw if Chelsea have a DGW 28. I have 2 transfers but hoping to only use up 1.

Also there is a full weekend of FA cup games, chelsea have a CL game and the three Europa teams have a game all before the next game week. Very useful to hold over a transfer if possible, could be any amount of injuries/suspensions and fook knows what else to contend with

I've been contemplating bringing Costa in for Burnley GW26 if Chelsea have a DGW28. I think I want Leicester to beat Villa and the DGW to be later though.

I've been contemplating bringing Costa in for Burnley GW26 if Chelsea have a DGW28. I think I want Leicester to beat Villa and the DGW to be later though.

I'm thinking about that myself

• Advertisement

I'm thinking about that myself

I haven't been looking in here the past 24 hrs as been needing a break, but the cunning plan that was forming in my head last night and giving me some hope has just been laid out in the previous two posts. Sometimes there's a bit of group think around here but this is ridiculous!

I'm buggered for transfers having caved at 11.29 and taken Sanchez out for Silva and will now have to reverse that this week. Pelle may get another reprieve and Costa in next gw if Chelsea have the dgw. Bit early to risk Studge maybe and need something different to catch the fecker who just passed me in my pay league.....oh, wait! :(

Advertisement