Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Price Changes FPL 14/15 **Mod warning 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Yeah I'm feeling less bad about it since reading your posts.

There are some positives:
    1. I'll save some money.
    2. I have some Liverpool coverage going forward which I feel I should have in the long term.

The question to ask yourself is what do you expect Mata to score this weekend?

For me, he could easily get a goal or assist but I can't see him getting much more than that against a Sunderland team that United failed to score more than two goals against in four matches last season.

Even if he does score a goal or assist, there's every chance people will still continue to transfer him out. I think only a fairly bumper weekend can save him now if others like Ramsey, Silva, Sterling, Fabregas and Siggy continue to perform.

In an ideal world, I'd like him to be my United cover and change Rooney to Aguero up front but for now it suits my team to move him on and look at moving him back in if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think any changes should have been communicated if it is the case that a player can only rise once in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

CSF wrote: »
    I think any changes should have been communicated if it is the case that a player can only rise once in a week.

They've never been very transparent RE price changes, it's always been left up to the experts on FISO etc to figure it out. If anything, I reckon that websites like FISO and TotalFpl irks FPL (and I have absolutely zero basis for that).

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Yep. They've never done it and no reason why they should. It only matters to the fpl obsessives like us, where as the organisers aim has to be to appeal to the average football fan.

Near to 100% certain its not the case that only 1 price rise per week is in. Its more than likely a different way of measuring the NTI, as highlighted a few times already today on this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

KevIRL wrote: »
    Yep. They've never done it and no reason why they should. It only matters to the fpl obsessives like us, where as the organisers aim has to be to appeal to the average football fan.

Near to 100% certain its not the case that only 1 price rise per week is in. Its more than likely a different way of measuring the NTI, as highlighted a few times already today on this thread

The FISO lads seem to suspect its a double/treble system which apparently is how it was a few years back.

I.e. if a player needs 40,000 NTI to rise the first 0.1 he'd need another 80,000 to get the second rise and then another 120,000 to get the third.

If so that will massively slow down the price rising trends. No more 3 rises is three nights.

Will be keeping a close eye on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

So lads in a nutshell Chester didnt go up .1 last nite??...I bought him in hope he would...would always have played market for price increases:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

So lads in a nutshell Chester didnt go up .1 last nite??...I bought him in hope he would...would always have played market for price increases:(

He went up .1 to 4.6.

Chester did go up last night.

FHFC wrote: »
    The FISO lads seem to suspect its a double/treble system which apparently is how it was a few years back.

I.e. if a player needs 40,000 NTI to rise the first 0.1 he'd need another 80,000 to get the second rise and then another 120,000 to get the third.

If so that will massively slow down the price rising trends. No more 3 rises is three nights.

Will be keeping a close eye on this.

Yep I made the same theory myself this morning on this thread (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91815473&postcount=78)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

Im bit pis sed of if has been this dramatic a change to prices. As would change dramaticLly how game is played. When subs are made and less risk. Think will lose a key element of game....and area i was good at

• Advertisement

If that's the case with the Nti that is different, but if they've completely changed the transfer system like the current evidence suggests (until someone actually moves .2 in a week) that is completely wrong in the same way that not telling us about changes to BPs would be wrong.

Nope its not because they never reveal the formula for price rises

Nope its not because they never reveal the formula for price rises

This isn't about the formula. This would be closer to only having one bonus point on offer instead of the 3 different categories.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

If that's the case with the Nti that is different, but if they've completely changed the transfer system like the current evidence suggests (until someone actually moves .2 in a week) that is completely wrong in the same way that not telling us about changes to BPs would be wrong.

The methods changed over the last couple of years. Last year was the most extreme version which led to people playing the game like the stock market. It looks like FPL have reverted to the old system from a few years ago which will mean that price rises and decreases will be much less extreme this year.

zarquon wrote: »
    The methods changed over the last couple of years. Last year was the most extreme version which led to people playing the game like the stock market. It looks like FPL have reverted to the old system from a few years ago which will mean that price rises and decreases will be much less extreme this year.

A vague description of how the transfer market works should be available to us.

People shouldn't be punished for putting time and thought into the game.

Yep I made the same theory myself this morning on this thread (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91815473&postcount=78)

Thought I'd seen someone refer to it somewhere. Only have experience of last year so all before my time.

If Siggurdsen goes up tonight it will semi confirm the increased NTI theory. Or at least indicate it's still a viable theory.

Btw, when this was the case before did the same double/treble approach apply to NTOs for a second price drop?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

A vague description of how the transfer market works should be available to us.

People shouldn't be punished for putting time and thought into the game.

Agreed. Whoever's responsible for the price change system knows the mechanism will become apparent some time after the conclusion of gw1, so why not just make it known to everybody from the beginning. It reeks of smugness to me. A lot of people take the game quite seriously and play for money etc. , and transfer/wildcard strategy can have a pretty significant impact right from the off, with player prices definitely playing on peoples minds. We'll know soon how the new price change mechanism works, but bugger them they could have just told us in advance.

For the record, i'd favour a max 0.2 price rise per week over 0.3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Gylfi gets his second rise (I'm resident late nighter on here for the next while, on leave from work!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

It's Thursday and Mata is at 77%. Highly likely he will drop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

roryc wrote: »

Hang on, what *is* happening with price drops? I'm new to checking these indexes, but according to TotalFPL, there are over 20 players over 100% of the needed NTIs to drop, yet as of today not a single player that I can see has dropped in price.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Hang on, what *is* happening with price drops? I'm new to checking these indexes, but according to TotalFPL, there are over 20 players over 100% of the needed NTIs to drop, yet as of today not a single player that I can see has dropped in price.....

Well a bunch of players did drop. The ones that are over 100% are probably injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Can't wait for his 20 point haul!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

AdMMM wrote: »
    Can't wait for his 20 point haul!

You should make him your captain so.

IK09 wrote: »
    You should make him your captain so.

That's a good point. Seems there's high expectations for Mata this weekend on the forum but he hasn't a single vote in the captaincy thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm fairly sure that was a tongue firmly in cheek comment lads due to all the Mata chatter about. I could be wrong though :)

I'm fairly sure that was a tongue firmly in cheek comment lads due to all the Mata chatter about. I could be wrong though :)

I think it was too but I do think IK09 made a very good point. Mata is a good player but he's gained cult status on this forum this week it seems.

Speaking to people here in work and friends in general, most people are dumping him, and I include some seasoned players I know in that as well as casuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

Id say its someone with their fingers and toes crossed, with a horseshoe on his head, praying that he performs or else he'll be kicking himself.

Im going to go out on a limb here and say that its a utd fan aswell...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

roryc wrote: »

I have a good feeling this won't happen. He was at 80 previously iirc.

Most people would do transfer tomorrow though, so his transfers out may increase violently. At least it is not going to be 0.2 as some predicted earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Lemlin wrote: »
    I think it was too but I do think IK09 made a very good point. Mata is a good player but he's gained cult status on this forum this week it seems.

Speaking to people here in work and friends in general, most people are dumping him, and I include some seasoned players I know in that as well as casuals.

Often one extreme reaction provokes another. People see Mata being written off after one game and go to the opposite extreme in his defense. The truth, as always, is probably somewhere in the middle; I think he'll be a solid enough points scorer throughout the season.

Advertisement