Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ITV Free? The Beeb say next year.

• 01-10-2005 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭

From a link supplied by Chris E over on DigitalSpy, the BBC are currently saying - " ITV services are currently still encrypted although they will become free-to-air next year."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/digital_tv/dsat_frequencies.shtml

Seems kind of odd that they'd keep the encryption going for at least another two months since they're paying for it on a month by month basis and the decision is already made. I was hoping to see them before Christmas.

And of course "next year" could mean anything up to and including December 2006......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Jungle Boy

If you use a Sky Digibox without a card, on the UK EPG #101 is BBC ONE London & #102 is BBC TWO England. To view your local region (BBC Ulster), the channel needs a EPG number. The same principle will apply to ITV. The last time I counted, there was 26 ITV1 regions available on Sky.
    I suspect that available EPG numbers won't be available until the reorganisation is done (eg: radio change to '0' prefix). Sky will give viewers a period to get used to the new categories. So 1st quarter 2006 will be the earliest to accommodate 26+ ITV1 regions.
    It might be coincidence but even though ITV4 launches on November 1st, the Champions League won't move across from ITV2 until next year.

I'm probably completely wrong :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

They said "months" rather than weeks when making the annoucement. They had bought extra capacity from SES-Astra, so I'm sure these things take time. Look how long it took for the BBC to go FTA (when it started, it took some days to start, then quickly at the end)

As for the Digibox without a card, this only occurs if you have a UK sub or FTV card orginially married to the box. In Ireland, its the Irish EPG, with RTÉ 1 on 101 etc, even without the card. Its been that way for a year or so over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 cazone

I Have a feeling that when ITV 4 Launches, ITV1+2 Will go "Clear" (Hopefully)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Jungle Boy wrote:
    To view your local region (BBC Ulster), the channel needs a EPG number

no it doesnt. you can tune it in manually also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

DMC wrote:
    As for the Digibox without a card, this only occurs if you have a UK sub or FTV card orginially married to the box. In Ireland, its the Irish EPG, with RTÉ 1 on 101 etc, even without the card. Its been that way for a year or so over here.

The original dummy cheque card or upside down viewing card trick don't work anymore, but select Interactive (red button). While it up turn card upside down or put in dummy card.

When you exit you get error press backup etc. You'll have a UK EPG.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement