Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Channel FIVE not clearing. Help.

Options
  • 30-09-2005 8:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭

my UK card clears ITY1, CH4 and ITV2 pretty much instantly but not FIVE.

I know that if I leave it in overnight it will possibly come good after it warms up enough but my question is how does this happen ?

I'm not even sure it does happen as I haven't tried but do still get blank after about 2 hours.

Is there some kind of intermittant upload that the card has to grab and as such you just sit tight.

Ideally I'd like to hot swapp when the match is on FIVE and not have to plan a day or more ahead thus leaving the kids moaning all day that there's no music channels.

Or is my card donald ducked perhaps

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the card must get some sort of signal from the satellite to unlock all the channels. you are obviously only waiting on the one for five

be patient and it will come

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If it gets Ch4 it is working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭maisflocke

Pal wrote:
    I know that if I leave it in overnight it will possibly come good after it warms up enough but my question is how does this happen ?

Its like waiting for a 39 bus. Its not a question of if the bus is going to come along, just a question of when...... Signals are sent out en route, and those who need them catch them - provided thay are waiting for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

thanks. appreciate the help.

Advertisement