Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Road Wars (Sky)

• 06-07-2010 11:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭

Anyone a fan of Road Wars on the Sky channels? It has to be the greatest TV programme ever made!

Sky 3 show three episodes every night, but they commonly show the same episodes two nights in a run, and that's what they've done tonight so I thought I'd come on and start a thread on the show to see if anyone else shares my love of it. I've only got into it recently, but I'm hooked. The narrator, some of the teams and the great mix of in-car clips and clips from other places makes it for me.

What series are they currently showing? I can't find much information online as to when/if there will be new episodes, or why they repeat episodes one night after another.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

I love it too.Some of the drug finds and pulling cars over on small suspisions,the gardaí could only dream of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ahhh it's not the same voice over in the new ones :(

It was the guy who played Jez Quigley in corrie that used to do it but now it's some girl.

The are currenty on season 8 , you will know it's new if the girl is doing the voice over, think she was in the Bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i used to watch it all the time but i got fed up of repeats. i could only watch the same episodes 5 times each before i gave up.

every now and again they have a mixed one where they have the "best bits" and stuff or i get one i've not seen in a while.

they did bring out a new series (based on essex or kent or somewhere) but i didn't think the "characters" were as tv friendly. they seemed dull and lifeless. the thames valley lads were a bit mad and fun to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

A darnit. I'd much prefer to stick to the current narrator and the Thames Valley guys, though I've read they're refusing to televise it any longer. Maybe they're too noticeable!

What's your favourite unit? Gotta be Chris and Simon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

I love when the narrator says "es doin well over the ton" (ie he's doing 100mph) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Who uses the word "Bandit" in 2010 anyway? :)

When are the new episodes on? Sky 3 are just showing repeats....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Poor old Slough just can't get a break either. What a dump! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Ah Pat and Carl. Heroes

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

the use of the word 'numpty' always brings a smile to my face :) but those guys have a great job. And whats with all sentences they get??? a guy nicks a car, will being 3 times the legel limit, gets a chase for an hour, and found with half a kilo of heroin in the boot......................200 quid fine and a 12 month ban :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

love it i do my favorites are conrad and chris piggot and simon heros.

my favorite incident had to be when some psycho attacked conrad with a samurai sword quality viewing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

yeah, i love it! my fav scene is by far when the police where checking out the back of a building where a suspected drug dealer had beeen dealing, when junkies saw the police car theyd turn and go back the way they came, the squad car followed them while the other offier shouted things out the window like 'oh no, run its the pigs' lol

i found it hillarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

They're fantastic cops though, anyone see when Chris found drugs down the post of a bed? Genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Its gas seeing the travellers in it selling the "laptops" and theyre real charmers with the coppers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,113 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The voice of the narrator is enough to drive anyone into a life of crime, the smarmy git.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Is road wars the one with "swanny" or is that street wars?

Slough does seem to be an awful hole in either show though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Favourite phrase "out of the car and giving it legs"!!!!

Newer series in Devon/Dorset is a bit tame. Massive drugs raid result in a joint and set of scales, and new narrator isn't as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Slough is an awful hole. The show does not lie.

Advertisement