Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

To date or not

• 26-09-2014 11:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Right so need a bit of advice on potentially meeting up for a date this day week. My story is as follows:

I live abroad due to work and am looking to move back to Dublin when I can get a decent job back here. The time-frame on this is to say the least variable! I was home about six weeks ago and kissed a girl (Mary) who is best mates with a girl who I've known for years (Ann) and is friends with all my mates back in Dublin. She was out with her friend (Ann) who I'm mates with and our mutual friend (Ann) was saying that we'd make a good couple and that her friend fancied me (according to my lad mate Ann was saying this - Ann is sound so she's no reason to just stay stuff for any alterior reason). I don't remember meeting Mary before which is a bit mad as we both have a similar set of friends. Just to note everyone mentioned in this are from down the country and we are all from the same town. So I messaged Mary the next day saying "great meeting you, sure let us know if you're in Edinburgh any time and I'll show you around". She messaged me back after a couple of hours saying " sorry only getting back to you now was driving back to Dublin, but yeah let me know when you're back in Dublin and I'll show you around" "Good meeting you" etc, etc. . So I'm back in Dublin next week literally for an evening and am thinking of texting to ask for a meet up. I'm not in a position to see someone in a different country clearly but she is by all accounts lovely and I'm wondering should I enquire on meeting up, or does this make me sound slightly like Lionel Richie --- "one night in Dublin" and a little desperate when she hears that I'm only in Dublin for one night. Kinda feel I should just leave it and probably see her at home in the pub at Christmas but the other side of me thinks I should ask to meet up. Generally I'm confident and have no issue with going on dates, chatting to girls and generally being nice but I feel like I'd like a girlfriend at this stage after being largely single for two years.

Hope I've explained this accurately and conclusively, any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Of course you should suggest meeting up. Don't overthink it! You got on really well so there's no reason why you both can't have a great night out in Dublin together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

What's to lose?

"Love to meet up, though I'm only in Dublin for a night and I understand if you don't wan't to / can't / washing hair / watching Strictly."

Providing you're up front and honest, have a good evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Go meet her op there is no harm whatso ever init

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Go for it !!

What if you find out in the pub at xmas she is seeing someone else !

Nothing chanced , nothing gained!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Asked but she's not around this weekend. All very cordial though. Thanks for the advice!

• Advertisement
Advertisement