Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Golf to quasqai

• 24-05-2014 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi. I've 2 questions for any car experts?

Can you still get golfs in 1.9 tdi or has this been replaced by 1.6 diesel

We have an 08 golf tdi, I test drove a quasquai and loved the feel of it. Has anyone made this switch and how did they get on? Any regrets? Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

No more 1.9 TDIs in golfs, you can get 1.6 and 2.0 engines instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭ofcork

Are the quashqai gone up in price,saw a petrol advertised on paper for 33k,did have glass roof etc.

ofcork wrote: »
    Are the quashqai gone up in price,saw a petrol advertised on paper for 33k,did have glass roof etc.

New model starts at €24500 for a 1.2.turbo petrol. €26395 for the cheapest diesel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭hollytrees

colm_mcm wrote: »
    No more 1.9 TDIs in golfs, you can get 1.6 and 2.0 engines instead.

Thanks for reply, do you know most recent year 1.9 were made?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

2009 was the last year I believe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Sobanek wrote: »
    2009 was the last year I believe

Even at that they would be very few I suppose what ever mk5s sold in 09. All the 2009 mk6s were 2.0tdi 110bhp as a temporary replacement for the 1.9tdi then they went to 1.6tdi early 2010 late 09. Op you seem to want a 1.9tdi golf. So what's the problem with buying a well minded 2008 one. Get a comfortline or highline spec there are plenty of 08s going around. Once you mind it yourself you should have no real issues there a reliable car and any decent 08 one will have plenty of life left in it.

I think the OP already has an 08 Golf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭hollytrees

Yes I have a golf 1.9 so now I know if we come up a year or two it will be a 1.6 unless we go for 2 litre.

I test drove a quasqai and really liked it but looking for someone who made the switch to see what they thought

Do you have some reservations about the vw 1.6 or what?
    The 1.5 in the Qashqai is hardly a fireball.
    My aunt went Golf>Qashqai>Focus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I think the OP already has an 08 Golf.

Ah right sorry missed that bit.
    I cant see the issue with getting a 1.6tdi golf. Just make sure its a red i 105bhp not 90 bhp. My parents have an octavia 1.6tdi and I have a 1.9tdi golf on paper they are the exact same power wise. But definitely the golf has the edge better for over talking and it will rev through the gears quicker. But at the end of the day theres not a huge difference. Reliability wise the 1.6tdi engine is as good as the 1.9tdi engine IMO.

I know of plenty of people who had lots of trouble with 1.5dci qashqai's. Although if your buying brand new its a 1.6 diesel afaik. Either way I couldnt see a MK6 1.6 tdi golf being to much slower than it well maybe the 90bhp is a bit dead the 105bhp is fine though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,289 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Diesel options in the new Qashqai are 1.5 litre (110bhp) and 1.6 litre (130bhp).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭ofcork

Saw one yesterday with wheel covers looked terrible.:mad:

Advertisement