Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car reupholstery after leak - how much? Where?

Options
  • 14-03-2014 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hey everyone

I've discovered a water leak in my car (05 Opel Corsa), with the water leaking in from outside, around the brake booster and collecting in the driver footwell.

I'm in the process of getting it fixed but the thing is that the car now has that rotten smell of damp, and I don't know if I'll be able to get rid of it completely. I've taken the carpet out and the insulating foam underneath the footwell to dry them, but again, it may have that smell for the rest of the lift time of the car.

I was wondering if it's possible to get that part of the carpet and foam replaced, who'd do it, and how much it costs? Any tips are much appreciated, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Might be cheaper to get the required bits from a scarp yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Pretty Pink

pushpop wrote: »
    Hey everyone

I've discovered a water leak in my car (05 Opel Corsa), with the water leaking in from outside, around the brake booster and collecting in the driver footwell.

I'm in the process of getting it fixed but the thing is that the car now has that rotten smell of damp, and I don't know if I'll be able to get rid of it completely. I've taken the carpet out and the insulating foam underneath the footwell to dry them, but again, it may have that smell for the rest of the lift time of the car.

I was wondering if it's possible to get that part of the carpet and foam replaced, who'd do it, and how much it costs? Any tips are much appreciated, cheers.

I am having the same problem, did you have any luck?

Advertisement