Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Email on android?

• 19-07-2012 10:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

Is there any email app for multiple email addresses? I have 3 work email addresses and a personal email address. Is there a single android email app that can integrate all my emails into one inbox and allow me to send emails from whichever email I need. Im using a Samsung galaxy S2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Add them all to Gmail. Then you can make filters for an amazing experience
    http://mashable.com/2012/06/22/gmail-filters/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

K-9
    Since I found it I never looked for anything else. I have 3 separate IMAP/POP3 accounts configured right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

+1 for K-9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Timfy

And another +1 for K9

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Ye K9 folks ever consider Gmail? It's great to have all emails in one place. If you're already using Android you're obviously using Gmail.

I must admit I was very iffy at first, it took a lot of persuading from a friend to do it but I'm very glad I did it now. I now just use Gmail for all my mail (where before this I did use K9, Gmail and Thunderbird on phone, pc and laptop). I can login on any pc if I want to and I don't have to go to the bother of setting anything up if I change pc or phone. You have the option of sending from any of the pop/imap email addresses added, without the hassle of setting up outgoing smtp. You can also add signatures to each email address that attaches no matter what device I send email from.

A few weeks after I moved to Gmail I spent a while and created some filters and colour coded flags. It's now organised well beyond the possibilities of any email app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I have three gmail accounts - two filtered to forward to the third (work, personal, sports club)

Is there any way I can select which account to send from on android, or would i need to log out of main account and back into which ever one I want to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

alproctor wrote: »
    I have three gmail accounts - two filtered to forward to the third (work, personal, sports club)

Is there any way I can select which account to send from on android, or would i need to log out of main account and back into which ever one I want to use.

You add them under accounts & sync then in the main gmail app you can select which you want to send from by pressing the address field in the compose section

alproctor wrote: »

Yes, I also have 3 Gmails (personal, work & anonymous), when sending an email I have the option of which Gmail (or other pop3 emails I've added) to send from in the dropdown. You have to add the other emails as "send mail as" in accounts and import in Gmail (on pc not in app)

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Ye K9 folks ever consider Gmail? It's great to have all emails in one place. If you're already using Android you're obviously using Gmail.

I have my main email account on my own (rented) serwer - I don't see a reason to use gmail. The gmail account that I was forced to open to use the phone is not used for anything else except accessing android market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

PrzemoF wrote: »
    I have my main email account on my own (rented) serwer - I don't see a reason to use gmail. The gmail account that I was forced to open to use the phone is not used for anything else except accessing android market.

I use google apps on my own domain. Much easier to manage + the gmail app is second to none(except for pince to zoom but I can count on 1 hand the amount of times that could have been handy)

• Advertisement

Forced to open? Nobody forced you to open anything, Google services are opt in, you didn't have to accept. Didn't you know, Android is all about Google services, Gmail, Google calendar, Google documents etc it's a complete package. You could have opted out and used the Amazon market, but hold on, you need to register there too. Maybe you should have got a fruit Phone, but wait a minute, you need to register for that also.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Forced to open? Nobody forced you to open anything, Google services are opt in, you didn't have to accept. Didn't you know, Android is all about Google services, Gmail, Google calendar, Google documents etc it's a complete package. You could have opted out and used the Amazon market, but hold on, you need to register there too. Maybe you should have got a fruit Phone, but wait a minute, you need to register for that also.
    Hmm, I'm quite sure I had to have a gmail account to start the phone and I had no idea about it when I clicked "buy" on meteor page, but I'm open to corrections on that.

I hope to kiss android goodbye as soon as Tizen hits "stable & usable".

P.S. if you see me with a fruit phone it means that it's not me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Hmm, I'm quite sure I had to have a gmail account to start the phone and I had no idea about it when I clicked "buy" on meteor page, but I'm open to corrections on that.

I hope to kiss android goodbye as soon as Tizen hits "stable & usable".

P.S. if you see me with a fruit phone it means that it's not me ;)

A Google account is not required to use an Android phone.

Otacon wrote: »
    A Google account is not required to use an Android phone.
    Thanks, correction accepted. :)

Advertisement