Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League Of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 5) 30/31 March 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

7.05 KO doesn't help either.

Will tickets be available at the gate?

Usually the club says if they won't be available on the day so I'm presuming they will be available at the turnstiles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

11 goals in 4 games is not great alright.

Still the more games City go without winning the tougher it gets and I cant see anything other then narrow win either way.

Yeah without wanting to laugh at Corks misfortune, their form hasn't been great so it gives me a wee bit of hope. Maybe they won't get another suspension or injury so in a few weeks the team will look half normal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

That_Guy wrote: »
    2021... :pac:
    What's this? The year when Bohs next score a league goal?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

CSF wrote: »
    You're joint bottom of the league.

Laegue tables are only really important at the end of the league.

Surely last year you would have learned that lesson:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,541 ✭✭✭✭CSF

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Laegue tables are only really important at the end of the league.

Surely last year you would have learned that lesson:D:D
    League tables are always important, what a stupid thing to say.

Only a Cork fan would still be waffling about lower league glories while being without a home win or an away point to speak of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Kelly got an additional one game ban so misses this, no clue what team Buckley will play but Forrester and Fagan have to start over Soccy and Meenan.

Reckon Shels will play the same way as Bohs but with a much better front 5.

Stat Hughes played for Pats the last time we beat Shels in Tolka (2002)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Only a Cork fan would still be waffling about lower league glories while being without a home win or an away point to speak of.

LOL - only a Shels fan would be trying to forget how much they fúcked up last year:D

League tables might be important to you after 3 or so games ( pretty stupid in my view though) - I'll take an interest in them after 10 or 12 games as I'm sure they might have some worth by then but realistically it's the one at the end of the season that matters most to me - I'm reasonably confident we will have moved upwards by then;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Mushy wrote: »
    Yeah without wanting to laugh at Corks misfortune, their form hasn't been great so it gives me a wee bit of hope. Maybe they won't get another suspension or injury so in a few weeks the team will look half normal though.

Way Cork are playing ye have chance.

Don't care how we play once we get 3 points.

Will be tough though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Way Cork are playing ye have chance.

Don't care how we play once we get 3 points.

Will be tough though

Mitchell and Massey are out for Bray. Losing Mitchell is the worst thing that can happen really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

geeky wrote: »
    Bit of a poser - thinking of taking the 7-year-old to the Rovers-Bohs game on Friday. I know it's quite some time since I read of any trouble between the fans, but do you think it'll be an ok environment?
    Oh, and I presume it would help to buy tickets in advance!

Sorry, its the only game I wouldnt bring a child to.

Ive seen enough incidents over the years before, during and after the game to be concerned for my own safety.

If you do go, dont wear colours and avoid the LUAS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

bohsboy wrote: »
    Sorry, its the only game I wouldnt bring a child to.

Ive seen enough incidents over the years before, during and after the game to be concerned for my own safety.

If you do go, dont wear colours and avoid the LUAS.

:rolleyes:

Ignore this bitter gypo OP, desperately denigrating Rovers success on the internet is all he and his mates have left. Tallaght stadium is a perfectly safe, family friendly environment with thousands of kids there every week. Take the normal common sense precautions you would going to any derby match in Europe and your kid will have a ball.

CiaranC wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Ignore this bitter gypo OP, desperately denigrating Rovers success on the internet is all he and his mates have left. Tallaght stadium is a perfectly safe, family friendly environment with thousands of kids there every week. Take the normal common sense precautions you would going to any derby match in Europe and your kid will have a ball.

Ignore the deluded Sham.:rolleyes: He's obviously a blow in. Took the time to incorrectly read my post. Not a mention of your success being desperately denigrated.

Tallaght Stadium may be perfectly safe every week with millions attending in harmonius raptures but take a look around the appalling environs at your own risk and bring safety goggles for the LUAS to avoid the shards of glass. Has happened so many times now it's comical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I think now is good time to get the popcorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Zzzzz

Any predictions for the game Bohsboy?

CiaranC wrote: »
    Zzzzz

Any predictions for the game Bohsboy?

I predict you will struggle to get to it....New Zealand is it? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Looks like Winters reffing in Tallaght tomorrow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

bohsboy wrote: »
    I predict you will struggle to get to it....New Zealand is it? :confused:

Rumours are Jason Byrne's penalty is about to land alright.

The announcer said Tom Connolly was supposed to referee in Tallaght last weekend, but didn't look like he was the 4th official either, late change..?

ShamoBuc wrote: »

LOL - only a Shels fan would be trying to forget how much they fúcked up last year:D

League tables might be important to you after 3 or so games ( pretty stupid in my view though) - I'll take an interest in them after 10 or 12 games as I'm sure they might have some worth by then but realistically it's the one at the end of the season that matters most to me - I'm reasonably confident we will have moved upwards by then;)
    So you place no emphasis on having played 4 games, having won none, and taken no points away from home. This is to you, irrelevant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Its very early days FFS. Obviously we would prefer be higher in the table, but we are not. Hopefully the season will kick start itself on Friday.

Its our final position in the table that matters. I thought that would have been obvious?

Seriously?? Cork should be disappointed with their start, Shels should be happy with ours. That is all, lets move on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

We are disappointed. In fact, you will not find anyone who would say they are happy with 1 point from 4 games. But why dwell on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

dan1895 wrote: »
    What's this? The year when Bohs next score a league goal?

The remains of Dalymount I'd imagine. :pac:

tumbleweeds01.jpg

gimmick wrote: »
    We are disappointed. In fact, you will not find anyone who would say they are happy with 1 point from 4 games. But why dwell on it?
    Because its fun to laugh at the misfortune of others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Just back from Tallaght stadium, tickets sorted :cool:

You should pick the little lad up a jersey for the night. It's red with Cab 2000 on the front. You could easily get one in Elverys or Lifestyle.

You should pick the little lad up a jersey for the night. It's red with Cab 2000 on the front. You could easily get one in Elverys or Lifestyle.
    Thought our stuff was exclusive to the club shop these days?

dan1895 wrote: »
    Thought our stuff was exclusive to the club shop these days?
    I've seen them around, not the new one yet of course seeing as they've just had the sponsor put on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/7715/

Shels vs Pats preview, nice to see the stat i posted yesterday went to good use :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bohs fan heading to the Rovers game tonight. Gives me goosebumps like no other fixture. I reckon it's the best buzz you can find in this country at a stadium. And yes, it's perfectly safe to go to this fixture in Tallaght if you drive or bus it. Just dont hang around to see the dopes shouting at each other behind Garda lines. As stated though, the LUAS can be a tad dodgy.

Just wondering, what are the other Dublin derby fixtures like for atmosphere etc? i.e Pat's vs Shels, Pat's vs Rovers and Rovers vs Shels. Is there venom at all between ye?

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    Bohs fan heading to the Rovers game tonight. Gives me goosebumps like no other fixture. I reckon it's the best buzz you can find in this country at a stadium. And yes, it's perfectly safe to go to this fixture in Tallaght if you drive or bus it. Just dont hang around to see the dopes shouting at each other behind Garda lines. As stated though, the LUAS can be a tad dodgy.

Just wondering, what are the other Dublin derby fixtures like for atmosphere etc? i.e Pat's vs Shels, Pat's vs Rovers and Rovers vs Shels. Is there venom at all between ye?
    Nah we wait til we play a real Dublin team like Bohs.

Advertisement