Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archos 101 wont charge?

Options
  • 28-12-2011 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi i bought a new Archos 101 today.Plugged it in to charge and it's still only at 13 then hops back to 12 or forward to 17 but nothing else. I'm using the charger that came with it and have checked it is all connected.And no i have it in the right port not in the headphones one.

Its driving me mad!! I have been goggling it all night and it seems to be a common problem, i have followed everyones advise but still nothing is working.Anyone any tips? Or should i bring it back? :mad:
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

do you have it turned on/are you using it while you charge it? for the first charge I'd recommend leaving
    it turned completely off while charging it, leave it charging for about 4 hrs and see what the battery percentage looks like then when you turn it on. If it's still not charging I'd think about going back to where you bought it, get them to check the port - i've read of a few instances where the charge port on the archos is loose/a bit wonky, thus charge connection is not being properly made.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭corkcity

echosound wrote: »
    do you have it turned on/are you using it while you charge it? for the first charge I'd recommend leaving
    it turned completely off while charging it, leave it charging for about 4 hrs and see what the battery percentage looks like then when you turn it on. If it's still not charging I'd think about going back to where you bought it, get them to check the port - i've read of a few instances where the charge port on the archos is loose/a bit wonky, thus charge connection is not being properly made.

i bought one as well .all going good except it wont let me access the appslibrary.keeps saying server error force close .really pissing me off.ony1 else have this probem

plesse reply im goin nuts

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Had the same problem initially with my Archos 80, but once I turned it off and then plugged in the charger it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭hgm

Thanks all for your replies. I got it working thank god!! Took long enough.

Re; appslibrary:The guy in the shop told me today when i asked about the apps, that it has been down the past few days because of the surge of new christmas buyers.He said give it a day or two and it should be back to normal.Hth!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

I'm not sure if any of you having problems accessing the apps are using the general apps market or the archos' own specific appslibrary - if you can manage to get onto the archos apps library long enough to download I think it's called 'appslib' (sorry can't remember the exact name, curse my poxy memory) this allows you access to the general apps market. Archos tablets are not initially set up to access the full apps market, only their own selection of apps, you have to download an app to manage to gain access to the wider appsmarket (if you follow me).

I got the archos 101 about a month ago (early xmas and birthday pressie) and I've had no issue downloading any apps or updates over xmas via the regular android apps market. Don't know if that helps anyone or if I'm stating the blindingly obvious to people who already have full access to the apps market :-) Just throwing it out there in case it might help anyone who's trying to get set up on a brand new xmas pressie Archos tablet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marknine

hgm wrote: »
    Hi i bought a new Archos 101 today.Plugged it in to charge and it's still only at 13 then hops back to 12 or forward to 17 but nothing else. I'm using the charger that came with it and have checked it is all connected.And no i have it in the right port not in the headphones one.

Its driving me mad!! I have been goggling it all night and it seems to be a common problem, i have followed everyones advise but still nothing is working.Anyone any tips? Or should i bring it back? :mad:
    Thanks!

I had the same problem with my Archos 101 that I bought in Power City last November. It just refused to re-charge and I ended up having to bring it back to Power City as it was under guarantee. Power city told me that I had to ring Archos as they were in charge or the warranty (so much for the sales of goods act) When I rang Archos, they ran me through a few things over the phone, but the Archos 101 would still not charge and I had to post it back to Archos support in England at the cost of €12. That was two weeks before Christmas and I just got an email from them, telling me that they are posting out a new Archos 101. I wonder will I be compensated for the extra expense and time that there faulty product has caused me. Still can’t believe Power City would not honour the sale of goods act.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

The device wont charge if its cold, so warm it up first and then try to charge it again... Also make sure you are not putting the power jack into headphone socket, made that mistake a few times myself

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

Had a similar problem with my archos 70 , it would not charge if my room was to cold. had to cover the charger and tablet with something to keep them warm. You could try putting the device into sleep mode while charging for an 1 hour so, worked for me when my device became stubbon and wouldnt charge

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marknine

I was told to hold down the on off button for 10 or 20 seconds and then leave to charge for an hour or two. In my case it did not work, so I had to send it off for repair. If you log onto http://www.archos.com you will be able to find the Irish phone number for their help line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,670 ✭✭✭flutered

i got a 101 two weeks ago to take on hollidays as i needed something small, got it on a saturday, went off on the following thursday, on thursday evening when i started it up the menu was in german, it was under the impression that there was a usb stick pluged it, it then started to freeze after two minutes, turned it off, the same story for the next day, i held down the power key and the volume down key, i got into the main menu, i did everything bar format it, i ended up having to buy a netbook with a spanish keyboard, i an taking it back tomorrow and will not settle for anything bar a full refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

I have just bought one yesterday in Extravision and same problem also telling me i need to contact archos ? is it a flaw in the machines ... fckin annoying

Advertisement