Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

redzerdrog wrote: »
    no idea what I am getting myself into but I am just after buying a greyhound as part of a syndicate!

Any greyhound racing fans in here?

One of my best mates owns and breeds quite a few greyhounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

amiable wrote: »
    One of my best mates owns and breeds quite a few greyhounds

any idea how much it costs to buy an average greyhound?

We just bought one for €1400 and got a promise from the breeder that if he doesn't win a race he will give us another pup for free

any idea how much it costs to buy an average greyhound?

We just bought one for €1400 and got a promise from the breeder that if he doesn't win a race he will give us another pup for free
    It doesn't matter what you pay. They could be anything. The more you pay generally there's a better chance but nothing is guaranteed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

It doesn't matter what you pay. They could be anything. The more you pay generally there's a better chance but nothing is guaranteed.

yeh we're not expecting much just want a bit of craic and a couple of nights out, out of it. Anything more than that and it's a bonus!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

zerks wrote: »
    Found this in Bargain Alerts: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056791408

Half price Sports/Movies with Sky for 3 months.Could be handy for anyone wanting some Premier League action on the cheap.

Includes ESPN before someone asks.

When your cancelling your package after the 3 months they charge you for changing the package. :mad:

yeh we're not expecting much just want a bit of craic and a couple of nights out, out of it. Anything more than that and it's a bonus!
    If the trainer let's yee have a bit of fun with it and cover the training expences anything else is a bonus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Just saw a girl that was in my year try to use that fake photo of the Statue of Liberty that's going around as a valid point as to why the world is going to end this year.

I worry for society, I really do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

i never thought id live to see the day but its here: heskey scores a bicycle kick goal

IvySlayer wrote: »
    We need a Heskey appreciation thread!

I'll hopefully be chatting with Big Emile on Saturday so I'll be sure to inform him of plans for a thread. No doubt he'd be chuffed ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

BREAKING: Luis Suarez, Gareth Bale, Ashley Young, Sergio Busquets and Neymar have all been nominated for the FIFA Fallon d'Floor 2012.

• Advertisement

BREAKING: Luis Suarez, Gareth Bale, Ashley Young, Sergio Busquets and Neymar have all been nominated for the FIFA Fallon d'Floor 2012.
    Phil Neville will be gutted not to make it in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Nah, he wasn't consistent enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Was Welbeck excluded for racist reasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I'll hopefully be chatting with Big Emile on Saturday so I'll be sure to inform him of plans for a thread. No doubt he'd be chuffed ;)

I heard you talking to Jimbo on the Guardian podcast the other week. Fair play to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

lolzer

beckham-brand-fan.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,338 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

seen it earlier, brilliant photo.

• Advertisement

The big man said he's looking forward to seeing that thread :pac:

372717_672575346_79521988_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Excellent Xavi6 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Fair play to you Xavi for doing your bit for Aussie football. It was interesting to hear something different on Football Weekly too.

Say Hi to AC Jimbo for me.

P.S. Get Heskey on Boards

WD Xavi but wtf are you wearing?

WD Xavi but wtf are you wearing?

Manics tour t-shirt

Manic-Street-Preachers-Postcards-from-a-young-man.jpg

• Advertisement

The big man said he's looking forward to seeing that thread :pac:

372717_672575346_79521988_n.jpg

Was he a gent Neil?

Was he a gent Neil?

Yeah he was sound enough. Stayed behind after the game tonight and signed every autograph asked of him so he's doing his bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Nicholls' left leg....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

G.K. wrote: »
    Nicholls' left leg....

Yeah, easy really, but when I first looked at the picture didnt see the break at all and thought the local paper had printed wrong picture. Think that could say more about my slow wittedness than anything else though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

A friend linked me this today, what a goal.

I know we have a Football Manager forum but any of you pick it up over the weekend?

Up the walls in work until Thursday so might pick it up then or Friday and see what its like.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I know we have a Football Manager forum but any of you pick it up over the weekend?

Up the walls in work until Thursday so might pick it up then or Friday and see what its like.

You a painter??? :pac:

Anyone a carpenter? I bought these presses from IKEA for the utility room and it's the most complicated ever. One was supposed to come on Saturday but 'his tools were stolen from his van' and didn't come today either :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Anyone a carpenter? I bought these presses from IKEA for the utility room and it's the most complicated ever. One was supposed to come on Saturday but 'his tools were stolen from his van' and didn't come today either :mad:

Just use super glue, nothing will go wrong with super glue. Use the screws that came with the presses as well and you'll be golden.

Not a painter, Spiderman.

I've said too much, disregard. :P

I remember trying an Ikea T.V.cabinet for the parents when I was living at home, with a lot of f**k's c**t's, b***ard's later it was done, took alot longer then I thought TBH so I've some sympathy, not much though. :pac:

• Advertisement

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Just use super glue, nothing will go wrong with super glue. Use the screws that came with the presses as well and you'll be golden.
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    Not a painter, Spiderman.

I've said too much, disregard. :P

I remember trying an Ikea T.V.cabinet for the parents when I was living at home, with a lot of f**k's c**t's, b***ard's later it was done, took alot longer then I thought TBH so I've some sympathy, not much though. :pac:

I have sworn constantly at it!! I'm usually good at building stuff and following manuals, but this is such a bitch!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

All I can picture now is you as Homer and his attempt at building the barbeque :D

I have sworn constantly at it!! I'm usually good at building stuff and following manuals, but this is such a bitch!!!

It needs MOAR swearing and alot MOAR hammer, when all else fails break out brute force.

No man should ever consult a manual until they've made a balls of the first attempt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

1352410971691.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

1352410971691.gif

wtf is that real!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Trilla wrote: »
    wtf is that real!?

I can verify that it is.

I was watching the match and had a good chuckle at AVB randomly pushing him. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

• Advertisement

Lads, where's Des?

It's like all his posts have completely disappeared :confused:

Lads, where's Des?

It's like all his posts have completely disappeared :confused:
    It's like as if he's gone blank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

wtf ?

anyone got any insight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

World War Z trailer is out,looking good.

OMFG Furby is back :P

I remember him <3

He'd wake up screaming at 2 am and then instead of taking the batteries out you'd rub his back until he wen back to sleep :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

OMFG Furby is back :P

I remember him <3

He'd wake up screaming at 2 am and then instead of taking the batteries out you'd rub his back until he wen back to sleep :P

WTF either your really young or else im getting old if I was to old for Furby the first time and to see its return :o.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Furby? Ivy, ya big girl ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Ivy we know your weakness now

WTF either your really young or else im getting old if I was to old for Furby the first time and to see its return :o.

They cmae out in 1998 :P) iw as 10
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    Furby? Ivy, ya big girl ya!

*eats ice cream and cries*
    Ivy we know your weakness now

keno?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

They cmae out in 1998 :P) iw as 10

Ah I dont feel to bad now :), I thought they came out in the noughties, 1998 I was only 15( I was still to old for Furbys at least I was right on that much)

they had original furby in 98 then they released furby babies a few years later then the new one in 2005

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement