Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

landline calls from mobile query

Options
  • 24-03-2015 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi, I was wondering if someone could give me some advice as I'm getting confusing info from mobile companies

I have a billpay phone with 3, featuring unlimited landline calls, including all calls to Belfast landline numbers beginning with area code 048

I want to change to SIM only and have found conflicting info about whether the unlimited landline minutes with Meteor, Tesco and Vodafone SIM only packages includes the 048 Belfast landline numbers.

Can anyone clarify whether these unlimited landline SIM only packages would definitely include Belfast landline calls or are such landline calls extra?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Comreg require landlines on 048 (but shockingly not using 004428) to be treated the same as 26 county landlines, whether this absolutely requires such numbers to be included in bundles, I am not certain.
    http://www.comreg.ie/_fileupload/publications/PR100505.pdf

Given the uselessness of Comreg and the willingness of companies to ignore them anyway, you wouldn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

davesangel wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering if someone could give me some advice as I'm getting confusing info from mobile companies

I have a billpay phone with 3, featuring unlimited landline calls, including all calls to Belfast landline numbers beginning with area code 048

I want to change to SIM only and have found conflicting info about whether the unlimited landline minutes with Meteor, Tesco and Vodafone SIM only packages includes the 048 Belfast landline numbers.

Can anyone clarify whether these unlimited landline SIM only packages would definitely include Belfast landline calls or are such landline calls extra?
    • Meteor - not included
    • Vodafone - not included
    • Tesco - not included
    • eMobile - Unlimited free calls to NI landlines included in all plans

(There is just one limitation with eMobile - Calls over 1 hour are chargeable. If you need to talk for more than an hour at a time, then simply hang up and re-dial after 59 minutes. This is not really a major limitation)

http://www.emobile.ie/assets/static/pdfs/international_add_ons_destination_bands.pdf

Advertisement