Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Messages delayed coming through

Options
  • 08-03-2015 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

It's not a network issue.
    Got a new phone, Sony Z3 compact, and even when I flick the side to check the time, it doesn't show email alerts or what's app messages etc. But if I scroll through, they start to come through them.
    Some setting I have to change?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

What do you mean by scroll through?

I can think of 2 reasons this might be happening.
    1. You have sync disabled
      To enable, open Settings > Accounts, click the more settings (3 dots) icon and ensure Auto-sync data is checked.
    2. Your on mobile data
      If your using mobile data, when your phone is locked, by default Android disables your data connection to save battery and reduce data usage. It does re-enable the connection every so often to get updates, but there will be a noticeable lag in notifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Thanks, regarding the 2nd issue, I didn't have that problem with my Galaxy S2, even with mobile data. Is this for new phones? What I mean by scroll through, is unlock the screen. If I click the button at the side to check the time/notifcations, it might not show any, but when I unlock the screen, they start to come through then.

I will check the sync thing.

Thanks.

Edited: Auto Sync is turned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Sounds like it's the mobile data thing.
    When you unlock the screen it brings your phone out of deep sleep and your mobile data connection is re-established allowing notifications to come through.

It's primarily a battery saving feature as far as I'm aware and I don't know anyway of making your phone check more often when it's in deep sleep mode.
    Looking on Google I don't see much about it.

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    Sounds like it's the mobile data thing.
    When you unlock the screen it brings your phone out of deep sleep and your mobile data connection is re-established allowing notifications to come through.

It's primarily a battery saving feature as far as I'm aware and I don't know anyway of making your phone check more often when it's in deep sleep mode.
    Looking on Google I don't see much about it.

Thank you. Battery conservation isn't a bad thing I guess!
    I'm sure there are many features I'm not even aware of.
    I probably don't even need such a fancy phone but really liked the look of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭leche solara

The battery saver on Xperias is called Stamina mode. Its default is to let nothing through while on mobile data, but you can configure it to let certain things through

• Advertisement

Thank you, rings a bell, going to look now!

Advertisement