Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Championship 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

I see that he is 15/8 against Mark Davis Later,history has so many examples of underdog players who win their 'finals' and then go on to underperform massively in the next round. I can only assume there's quite a lot of that built into them odds.Mark Davis hasn't beaten a top class opponent in months he will give him a tough time if he recreates last night but I can't see it hope in wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Hes is very good off his left too which is a massive asset. His safety play impressed me the most, he had Ding on the ropes a good few times in the last few frames.
    His break building will need to improve though if he wants to really challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

case885 wrote: »
    Hes is very good off his left too which is a massive asset. His safety play impressed me the most, he had Ding on the ropes a good few times in the last few frames.
    His break building will need to improve though if he wants to really challenge.

Yes, he gets out of position, and needs a good shot to maintain the break....and then another good shot is needed.....but he potted some fabulous shots last night.

Now Europort are even cutting off games,turn to BBC and there 3-4 frames behind live play,disrespecting the game with this sort of coverage for a major..anyways I think Higgins is going to take this now McGill looks hurt

EDIT:Thank god for red button :)

seanhynes wrote: »
    Now Europort are even cutting off games,turn to BBC and there 3-4 frames behind live play,disrespecting the game with this sort of coverage for a major..anyways I think Higgins is going to take this now McGill looks hurt

EDIT:Thank god for red button :)

Didnt last long, red button gone to bingham v. walden now.

• Advertisement

case885 wrote: »
    Didnt last long, red button gone to bingham v. walden now.

It went back onto main bbc2 TV the coverage is so crazy and all over the shop,Higgins beaten 6-5 thought he would comeback

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭elgriff

Morris is surely value tonight at 3.3/1?

I know he isnt a world beater, but Maguire can and does lose matches he should win all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Another exciting match last night with Dott beating Robertson 6-5 after giving up a 5-0 lead. Really enjoying this years championship.

A win for Morris tonight would get him into the top 50 in the world rankings.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

147 just now for O'Sullivan to wrap up a 6-0 victory against Selt. Has he ever been in better form?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sammy37

Is there any more words left to describe how good ronnie o sullivan is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Kalyke

The Maelstrom Morris ??? He is fast though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭tanko

Another 147 for Ronnie, what a genius. How did yer man he was playing get this far tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Lord PuppyMcSnuggle of Cuddleshire

Ah if I didn't have "the red button" for that I would have been pissed. Nothing as ass-tightening as watching a 147 unfold live. :)

What a performance from Ronnie O'Sullivan!

Only just noticed Cahill lost to Mark Davis. Great tournament for him though, and we'll be seeing more of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Is it just me or has some of the play been shocking bad at this tournament. I've watched frames from a few different matches and on several occasions saw misses by a long way on straightforward shots!

Is it just me or has some of the play been shocking bad at this tournament. I've watched frames from a few different matches and on several occasions saw misses by a long way on straightforward shots!

You're dead right, some of the matches have been a comedy of errors. Earlier today I saw Marco Fu miss two shots which were so easy it defied belief. How Shaun Murphy managed to lose that match I'll never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

So the Quarter-Finales are:

Graeme Dott v Stuart Bingham
    Anthony McGill v Ronnie O'Sullivan
    Mark Davis v Judd Trump
    Marco Fu v Stephen Maguire

Very enjoyable tournament so far, with a good few major surprises. It looked iffy at the start with his bad foot, but with that line-up things are looking good for O'Sullivan. A finale rematch from the Champion of Champions finale last month between O'Sullivan and Trump looks likely, too.

Very enjoyable tournament thus far funny thing about Ronnie he nearly made a 147 in the frame previous to the maximum he made,what an absolute hero to then go and make one in the next :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Only seven behind Hendry now in the list for most centuries ever. You'd think he'll probably pass it during this tournament. Probably in the final (assuming he gets there of course). Said in his press conference yesterday that he hopes to reach a thousand centuries.

I was so so convinced he would take title number 6 this year and then retire in 2016 having won 8!great to see him still banging in the 147s at 39!!

• Advertisement

good start for magill 0-2 up have had a cheeky tenner on him aswell 5/1 ,maybe he can spoil ronnies party!;)

3-3 now. Ronnie really struggling today, doesn't look happy at all. This McGill lad is no mug, it could go either way.

Oh he's shot himself in the foot bigtime there poor McGill ,he's a great little player too will be amongst the top 10 soon ,that yellow was criminal to miss a club player would Pott that 100 times out of 100

Oh my god he is letting Ronnie have this match ,a guilt edged green from McGill up to blue does it,poor lad should be 5-3 up ,he must be sick

Mcgill and Dott both left their matches behind them today especially Dott who seems to find it hard to win from the front.Will see a lot more of that mcgill though. Very impressed with his positive play too.

Fu v Maguire is hilarious stuff, Fu has managed to drag Maguire down to his level. Hope it goes to a final frame decider, another few hours should finish it.

tanko wrote: »
    Fu v Maguire is hilarious stuff, Fu has managed to drag Maguire down to his level. Hope it goes to a final frame decider, another few hours should finish it.

Maguire finally gets there. Bit of a slog in the end.

Maybe i am paranoid but every match that Fu plays he seems to miss a shot that no way should he miss. He missed a yellow off the spot last night with the frame at his mercy that even i would have potted. He missed two shocking blues against Murphy that a player at his level should never miss. Maybe he cant handle the pressure too well and i am being too hard on him but it seems to happen a lot with him.

The amount of kicks is crazy, its ruining momentum for players and that would be one reason why play is poor. The standard has been pretty crap alright besides Ronnie and Trump, hopefully they make the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Is John Virgo ill? he looked unwell before the went to this evenings match, he seems to have a shake. Not a fan of his commentary but I was shocked to see him like that.

Advertisement