Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any discount on M1 toll?

Options
  • 01-10-2008 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone knows of someone that gets a discount for using the M1 toll 5 days a week both ways.

There should be a discount offer, whereby you use the toll five days straight you get the fifth day free or something.

18e a week is costing a small fortune now. Even though the price of diesel has come down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,792 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Doubt it unfortunately. With something like this, it's not like they have to encourage you to buy their product, if they raised their price by 20% (an extra day) everyone would still pay it :(

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Motorway tolls are like stamps - people generally don't have an alternative so a monopoly is in place and therefore no reductions!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

I was looking at Google Maps to see if there is a way around the M1 toll bridge but the only way i can see is going through Drogheda town.

You would waste as much fuel and time as it costs to just go through the toll.

Hopefully they will introduce barrier free tolling on the M1, get one of those James Bond revolving licence plate holders for going through the toll.

See in todays news that 10000 people have gone through the toll where not charged or incorrectly charged.

Advertisement