Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cartell (etc) information

Options
  • 28-09-2008 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have seen a few cars on carzone (all from the same dealer) - and put their reg numbers into Cartell. For a few of the cars the information coming back was incorrect - i.e. I was looking at a Audi and it said it was an Opel. Do you think the car dealer is up to something dodgy, like selling stolen cars, or could it be that Cartell has incorrect information stored about this car reg?

Thanks,

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Keedowah wrote: »
    Hi,

I have seen a few cars on carzone (all from the same dealer) - and put their reg numbers into Cartell. For a few of the cars the information coming back was incorrect - i.e. I was looking at a Audi and it said it was an Opel. Do you think the car dealer is up to something dodgy, like selling stolen cars, or could it be that Cartell has incorrect information stored about this car reg?

Thanks,

K

Could you show an example, just out of curiousity. I've only ever seen unknown come up, never one with a different make etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭frag4

I'd say Cartell are wrong.
    Saw a 911 carrarea 4 with the reg 04-C-911 (nice reg).
    Inputted into Cartell comes up with a honda civic.

Unless the honda slayed the porsche at the lights and by the rules of the road takes it reg:p

Lol, you sure it wasn't 03 or 05.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The Passat is coming through as a focus on several different sites (didn't check the others).
    http://www.aaireland.ie/car%2Ddata%2Dcheck/
    http://www.carsireland.ie/car-check.html

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

The dealer is meant to be calling me today about arranging to see one of the cars - I am going to ask her about the number plate issue.

Lol fact that they are all from the same garage could mean that they are english imports, and to stop people being turned off by the yellow plates, and paying vrt and all that craic, they;ve just made up a random plate. Unless i'm completly wrong, i'd say that's the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

and to stop people being turned off by the yellow plates, and paying vrt and all that craic, they;ve just made up a random plate. Unless i'm completly wrong, i'd say that's the reason.

I'd be thinking along the same lines but I'd imagine he'd stick plates on them off other cars he has in his own stock. sure if he's going to go to the bother of getting new (false) plates done up for them, and extra 2 mins research would get him the numbers of cars that are at least the same make/model.

Stekelly wrote: »
    I'd be thinking along the same lines but I'd imagine he'd stick plates on them off other cars he has in his own stock. sure if he's going to go to the bother of getting new (false) plates done up for them, and extra 2 mins research would get him the numbers of cars that are at least the same make/model.

Ah ya but sure if it's keeps the tax man's eye's away anything will do. Hopefully the OP will be able to answer for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

She never contacted me - and because of the whole issue with the number plates I am not going to bother calling her. Pity - I liked the look of the Focus they were selling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Top spec Avensis with SatNav, A6 Avant 2.5TDi quattro with SatNav, Passat 2.0TDi DSG...

They all smell like UK specs to me...

Ignore the reg's, if you like the look of the cars then go and take a drive.

Advertisement